Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Drugs are loads of fun. Drug users not so much.

e: do drugs responsibly kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Do all the drugs, worship the devil, listen to death metal.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Join mensa

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

praise be to our dark lord

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

praise be to our dork lord

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

luxury handset posted:

imagine what a mindfuck it would be if you took a giant amount of phenazepam and you woke up weeks later with a successful business startup and were engaged to an attractive, wealthy person

Basically, Morty in that episode where everything bad in him and Rick are removed as separate toxic versions of themselves

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

luxury handset posted:

imagine what a mindfuck it would be if you took a giant amount of phenazepam and you woke up weeks later with a successful business startup and were engaged to an attractive, wealthy person

There was a MAD TV sketch back in the 90s. But I think it was a four year alcohol blackout and a guy wakes having just won his 2nd term as POTUS and Winona Ryder is First Lady.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

jobson groeth posted:

e: do drugs responsibly kids.

Yeah, lemme just inject krokodil into my scrotum responsibly

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do all the drugs, worship the devil, listen to death metal.

This but without the metal.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let me just poo poo green peanut butter for 2 months responsibly.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only good part that's those weird green paste smoothies also covered up the taste of AVB so they made delicious pot smoothies.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

The only good part that's those weird green paste smoothies also covered up the taste of AVB so they made delicious pot smoothies.

holy poo poo I just realized I can just throw some AVB into a post-workout smoothie

how the gently caress did I never think to do that, this is a game-changer thanks m8

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Turtlicious posted:

let me just poo poo green peanut butter for 2 months responsibly.

Don’t forget the guy that went from kratom to FST (full spectrum tincture, which is TOTALLY KRATOM EXTRACT) and spent 55k in like a year on what was totally definitely not weird RC drugs.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Don’t forget the guy that went from kratom to FST (full spectrum tincture, which is TOTALLY KRATOM EXTRACT) and spent 55k in like a year on what was totally definitely not weird RC drugs.

i had to scroll up to check this wasn't the BWM thread, sometimes different threads have weird synchronized themes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

isn't RC drugs just another term for what are colloquially called bath salts

like, I know some of the better-known stuff like the 2-c series are pretty well-studied and such, but IIRC a lot of the drugs that fall under the "bath salts" umbrella are literally just lab-created analogs/variations of existing drugs, in order to get by controlled substances regulations and laws. The problem is that a relatively minor tweak to a chemical can have wildly unpredictable effects, hence you end up with people eating their faces because you subbed out a carbon atom for a hydroxyl molecule in a methamphetamine analog or whatever

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Feb 7, 2019

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

RC should stand for Remember a Coffin, because taking research chems is dicing with death.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Snow Cone Capone posted:

isn't RC drugs another term for what are colloquially called bath salts

There’s a pretty decent amount of overlap in the ol’ Venn diagram but it’s definitely not a circle.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

isn't RC drugs just another term for what are colloquially called bath salts

the problem with bath salts and spice is that they're both just mystery drugs, containing whatever synthetics the manufacturers had on hand at that moment when they were packaging it. so you may end up with a mellow high and you may end up insanely untethered and pissing on passing cars, it's a roll of the dice each time

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

luxury handset posted:

the problem with bath salts and spice is that they're both just mystery drugs, containing whatever synthetics the manufacturers had on hand at that moment when they were packaging it. so you may end up with a mellow high and you may end up insanely untethered and pissing on passing cars, it's a roll of the dice each time

I guess the way it really shakes out is “all bath salts are RC’s but not all RC’s are bath salts”. Most bath salts are in a specific class of RC’s and you’d have to be terminally stupid to do either of them.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

luxury handset posted:

you may end up with a mellow high and you may end up insanely untethered and pissing on passing cars, it's a roll of the dice each time

I didn't need research chemicals to do this.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i piss on any car that makes eyes at me

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

RC should stand for Remember a Coffin, because taking research chems is dicing with death.

Well now I have a mental image of Diskworld's Death dicing an onion while his daughter Susan is dicing a potato.

"I'LL TAKE CARE OF THE ONION, FOR I CANNOT CRY."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

luxury handset posted:

Life is like a box of bath salts...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Except for a brief period from 2011-2012, I haven't lived in North America since 2008. I also don't like cops and would never watch a crime show on purpose. I'm sure I've seen it, like, on TV at random, but I've just never watched it. Is that the one where the guy shows his butt a lot?

Tbh the only police shows I've ever seen are Matlock and Brooklyn 99 (which I hate, except for Gina and Rosa, also I'm Gina.)

So where were you for the first 18 years of L&O? It started in 1990.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Leperflesh posted:

TCC is leaking into this thread

hey guys remember when we funded a tiny experimental school in haiti to the tune of like 2x its annual budget

Was that the charity fundraiser that was started purely out of spite, with the explicit intention of getting one goon banned, or am I thinking of another one ?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bad Wolf posted:

Was that the charity fundraiser that was started purely out of spite, with the explicit intention of getting one goon banned, or am I thinking of another one ?

That was a different one which ended up raising ~$70k, a few gallons of donated blood, and a bunch of shaved heads.
It was a "do my homework please" thread and the donations were to the Red Cross for the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.

"The website Something Awful held a fundraiser of sorts that started after posters in their message boards got tired of a user trying to use them as help for his homework,[194] saying they would donate if the user was banned. It later added a head-shaving portion and a blood drive. At least $70,000 dollars was donated to charity, $1,750 in shaved heads and 30 pints of blood was ultimately given."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response_to_the_2011_Tōhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3396040&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
https://web.archive.org/web/20110825093600/http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3396040&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=169447

I guess even the Goldmine requires archives now.

Proteus Jones posted:

There was a MAD TV sketch back in the 90s. But I think it was a four year alcohol blackout and a guy wakes having just won his 2nd term as POTUS and Winona Ryder is First Lady.

I keep that one on speed dial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va71a7pLvy8

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Bad Wolf posted:

In one of the SA blood drives (maybe the earthquake one), a goon wanted to donate and discovered he had screaming high blood pressure, so a life saved right there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

If I had a mic and the talent, I would do one of those Christopher Lee readings. It really deserves one.

Maybe this will do.
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/shoot-up-heroin-until-you-die

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bad Wolf posted:

You're thinking of the Fukushima earthquake, some kid was asking questions in GBS that were transparently just trying to get goons to do his homework for him, so some mod or other set up a challenge that every donation to Red Cross/Medecins Sans Frontieres/etc for Fukushima would add time to that kid's probation

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We could literally solve world hunger if someone could set Three Olives up with a similar probation

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

We could literally solve world hunger if someone could set Three Olives up with a similar probation

That would suck, though. I don’t like three olives but I love how whenever he posts a thread goons come together to dunk on him.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
True. Certain posters are a weird kind of pain that keep these dumb dead forums revolving.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

I think the best post I remember regarding TCC, other than the catacombs thing, was someone talking about how that forum was the equivalent of all the min/maxing goons only playing with their lives.

It was something to the effect of "All these goons, they see this old man who has to do enough drugs to kill an elephant just to get through the day, and he tells them how they should never make the choices he does, lest they end up like him. And of course, the goons are just asking how to do just the right amount of drugs that they can have a good time, and they'll never get addicted because they know their limits."

Also, the saddest TCC thread was the shortlived Krokodil thread. I'm still not sure if that was parody, but the fact that someone would willingly want to do that is.

Krokodil is the drug you use when you have gone so far into the territory of not caring anymore that you're actively trying to kill yourself with opioids.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FilthyImp posted:

True. Certain posters are a weird kind of pain that keep these dumb dead forums revolving.

Load-bearing assholes
e: paging cumshitter to the thread

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

You're thinking of the Fukushima earthquake, some kid was asking questions in GBS that were transparently just trying to get goons to do his homework for him, so some mod or other set up a challenge that every donation to Red Cross/Medecins Sans Frontieres/etc for Fukushima would add time to that kid's probation

I remembered some of the middle details wrong, but essentially still correct, goons raised nearly 70 large in relief aid for Fukushima out of spite
here's the thread

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Whatever happened to the bench romance? You know the one where the guy kept finding notes in a bench?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Defenistrator posted:

Whatever happened to the bench romance? You know the one where the guy kept finding notes in a bench?

Oh yeah! Think he wrote her a song or something too.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Defenistrator posted:

Turns out the bench was writing the notes and they're now married. They're expecting a stool any day now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Krokodil is the drug you use when you have gone so far into the territory of not caring anymore that you're actively trying to kill yourself with opioids.

Krokodil isn’t even that strong, compared to the poo poo that’s out there. It was big in Russia because they sold codeine over the counter, and you could take that codeine and make it into desomorphine with some basement chemistry. It wasn’t even the desomorphine that killed krokodil users, it was all the harsh poo poo from the basement chemistry that they were shooting right into their veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

Turns out the bench was writing the notes and they're now married. They're expecting a stool any day now.

Huh. Me too.