Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
S6 Magnolia Crawford.

Even in a season of nothing but fast outs, you gotta have the first out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Jr. posted:

I've been doing a rewatch of 6+ and it really is a shame that 7 gets treated like The Worst Season, when more of the queens than not were charismatic, fun and different. I feel like 7 was sort of a growing-pains problem, as that's when the shift toward social media influence started to happen, and the gals sort of got a raw deal there. It was like, the Myspace Era of Drag.

(Trixie Voice: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the stage, MySpace Era)

To be fair, I think it was season 7 where it was pretty much an open secret that several of the queens didn't really care about the competition, that in their mind they had already won just by being on the show, and could capitalize a career based solely on that. So you basically had half the cast that weren't really trying.

And some of them have been able to do just that. But it hurts the show.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Alexis Michelle produced S9? What?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zedar posted:

I was thinking the other day how hilarious a season of the most hated queens from each season could be. I'm not sure you could find enough truly obnoxious ones to fill out the cast though.

S9: Not sure at all
S10: The Vixen

Eureka, and Eureka Again. This ain't hard.

Also I will not watch Drag Race Villains Return. I want Ru Paul's Best Friends Race :ohdear:

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Whalley posted:

Eureka, and Eureka Again. This ain't hard.

Also I will not watch Drag Race Villains Return. I want Ru Paul's Best Friends Race :ohdear:

Run them back-to-back.
Coming up on RuPaul's Best Friend Race: (queens hug after one of them shares her story of struggle in a world that is cruel to those who don't fit in, everyone is buoyed by a sense of kinship)

And next on RuPaul's Drag Race Villains Return: (werkroom is in flames, bloody handprints on the door, The Vixen and Eureka are in a fistfight, Laganja is brandishing a knife offering an edge for all the other bitches to snatch if they're feeling brave as Phi Phi blocks the only exit cryptically asking everyone why they're playing the victim)

There will be only two episodes of Villains Return.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

ICHIBAHN posted:

Alexis Michelle produced S9? What?

In the Sitcom Challenge on S9, Alexis Michelle told the judges that she had more of a "producer role" on her team.
The fandom made jokes about it to the point that Alexis adopted it for herself.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jr. posted:

And next on RuPaul's Drag Race Villains Return: (werkroom is in flames, bloody handprints on the door, The Vixen and Eureka are in a fistfight, Laganja is brandishing a knife offering an edge for all the other bitches to snatch if they're feeling brave as Phi Phi blocks the only exit cryptically asking everyone why they're playing the victim)

There will be only two episodes of Villains Return.

I can see the camera angles and hear the effects already. :allears:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Chaotic Flame posted:

I can see the camera angles and hear the effects already. :allears:

The shade noise is played over itself, constantly, at deafening levels. No queens can be heard over the din.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

zedar posted:

I was thinking the other day how hilarious a season of the most hated queens from each season could be. I'm not sure you could find enough truly obnoxious ones to fill out the cast though.

S1: Not sure, never watched (the vaseline filter defeats me)
Tammie Brown.

Even though she doesn't belong in a most hated category, the answer is always Tammie Brown.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Can we just have a season where Tammie Brown is all 10 All Stars

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
God almighty, please

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't see you walking the children in nature

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Excuse your mouth!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Teleport us to Mars!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My father hosed Marlene Dietrich

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

bought tickets to see the ooh ah ah sensation in a couple of weeks :swoon:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The preview is up and we have the answer of who Monet picked.

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/x2wy7g/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-first-look-sex-and-the-kitty-girl

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

The preview is up and we have the answer of who Monet picked.

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/x2wy7g/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-first-look-sex-and-the-kitty-girl

the CHOPPERY!

god drat i love naomi smalls. no regrets! "i sent manila home because - i wanted to."

i really, really hope this is a bit of a paradigm shift for the show. if there actually becomes a strategic element to it, that gives it just a bit more longevity and watchability than having it be a massive love-in the whole time. i'm living for trinity's reaction - but living for naomi's cocky demeanour even more.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

You can lowkey see Monet's lipstick in the preview from the end of last week's episode too lmao

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

esperterra posted:

You can lowkey see Monet's lipstick in the preview from the end of last week's episode too lmao

True, but it was nice to have it confirmed rather than be editor goopery.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

True, but it was nice to have it confirmed rather than be editor goopery.

True!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol, the zoom in on Latrice's face before the RPS game.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Monet (Paraphrased): "Gurl, I picked Manila too :nyd:

e: THURSDAYS? NOOOO

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 9, 2019

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
LOL at Monet saying that she would have sent Manilla because Manilla would have sent her home, in the challenge in which Monet did poorly and looked busted.

Like I get it, Monet and Naomi want to save face with the plans and provide reasons for sending her home. But I don't think anybody believes that it was for any reason other than the fact that they both know that as long as Manilla was in the competition, not a single queen there stood a chance at winning the crown.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Lol at bottom of the pack Latrice needing to interrupt and say "well no hold on let's not think about track records"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

Lol at bottom of the pack Latrice needing to interrupt and say "well no hold on let's not think about track records"

At this point only Trinity and Monique deserve the crown. If anyone else takes it, then I'm officially done with this show until next season.

Edit: I suspect that Monet thinks that she is giving sultry on the runway, but is actually given, "I just popped a xanax"

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 9, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

MONIQUE

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

"Hey Trinity I'm you done better"

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Naomi playing SJP a) kinda mean b) fully turned to the camera while at the table

Choices

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ugh that was bad.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Oh yeah that's what RPDR acting challenges are like. I almost forgot.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

Oh yeah that's what RPDR acting challenges are like. I almost forgot.

I forget, I think someone like Joel Kim Booster asked why they couldn't just call a gay comedian in for a day and punch up the script for these acting challenges, that he'd do it for free even. If some of the queens will go as far as paying people to write them jokes for the show, why can't the producers do the same?

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 9, 2019

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Am I a blind person? I feel like I’m not seeing any of the positives the judges are citing in Latrice’s performance

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Trinity v Monique

:munch:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zelah posted:

Am I a blind person? I feel like I’m not seeing any of the positives the judges are citing in Latrice’s performance

Latrice plays on an easier difficulty, because she's... been likeable in the past? She's kind of lovely this season honestly.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

zelah posted:

The judging goes on for much longer than shown on screen. They probably give everybody good and bad feedback, and edit accordingly to tell a good story. This week, the story is that the two queens who voted Manilla out are getting karmic justice, and are in the bottom. As the editors know the outcome of the episode already, chances are Latrice isn't going to go home, so it's better to leave in more positive feedback than the other two in the bottom to justify her staying.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

She was definitely more connected to the scenes than Naomi.

It's the right top two this week.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Has anyone in this show ever lost so. many. times. and still kept an attitude that they deserved to stay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Whalley posted:

Has anyone in this show ever lost so. many. times. and still kept an attitude that they deserved to stay

Fake it till you make it, one more survival and the crown could have been hers.