Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ben Garrison posted:

As for my ‘dark corner,’ it’s currently a very cold, forested, and snowy section of Montana. It’s here that I maintain my right to question everything I hear from the Deep State mainstream propaganda media.
This sounds like the start of a manifesto of a letter bombing campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Lightning Knight posted:

This is stupid but I just wanted to say the actual art of the donkeys is terrifying. :stare:

They gradient from donkey to human in a really weird way, like you can almost pinpoint where the donkey stops and the human begins.

We all know Garrison's furry art is creepy, but this is a whole new level.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

seiferguy posted:

John Dingell passed away, he held the record for longest serving Congressman. He was also a fantastic Twitter shitposter. Get ready for the obit toons.
Oh yeah, he was really good at Twitter. RIP twitter grandpa

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

seiferguy posted:

John Dingell passed away, he held the record for longest serving Congressman. He was also a fantastic Twitter shitposter. Get ready for the obit toons.

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/928033696401195008

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, Spiegelman drew that cartoon, so he’s probably okay with it.

Also also, his relationship with Maus is complicated, as I think at one point he felt guilt over getting a degree of fame over his parents’ and people’s suffering.

Yeah, the second book was published 7 or so years after the first since he spent so long working on it and includes parts about his ambivalence for how the first was received and his worry about how his portrayal of his father fed into greed Jewish stereotypes.

It goes without saying, but anyone who hasn't read Maus really should. It's every bit as good as it's reputation and is more approachable than most Holocaust literature.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

someone should make a list of "donkeycrats" from best to worse. Ive seen some donkeycrats that id like to hang out with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I hate to say it, but I really doubt he was on very many cartoonists' radars. I'd be surprised if we saw any.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
There might be a reference from one of the more Extremely Online cartoonists like Bors but I wouldn't expect more than that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Is he defending blackface?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yes. He's saying that wearing black face is JUST THE SAME as any other depiction of black people.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Is Roberto the Son of Roberto Smith brain damaged? :brainworms:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
no, not enough brain to house a single worm, let alone multiple

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
BRB drawing Rob Smith Jr as a nazi, he said it was okay

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Why did he put black in quotation marks?

Skin tone is not literally #000000, therefore not black!, or... what?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"I should be able to depict black people however I want". This isn't just condoning black face, this is a loving defense about how he should be allowed to depict lynchings or god knows what other racist poo poo he is angry that you would dare say he can't do.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gaybie Nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Also also, his relationship with Maus is complicated, as I think at one point he felt guilt over getting a degree of fame over his parents’ and people’s suffering.

You might say that.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Rob wants to out loud be racist like Leak was. He doesnt think people should get mad because he draws people like they are from a 17th century biology book.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hihohe posted:

Rob wants to out loud be racist like Leak was. He doesnt think people should get mad because he draws people like they are from a 17th century biology book.

Righto, what's his names then?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Thank goodness we have Henry Payne tackling the important issues of the day.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mike Lester busting out the hardcore cusses.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Maga guy murders black-hispanic child.

Seems legit.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Nice job, Lester. "Guaranteed jobs" is really something we should all be terrified of. What a horrible prospect. Definitely good to scaremonger your audience with the fear of jobs.

Murder VS Being politically stubborn: two halves of the same coin! There really ARE extremists on both sides!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Does the art look slightly different in this one?

I mean, no. No. Fascists don't like sharing power.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Also I just realized if you don't parse this bad art or aren't familiar with the bad style it looks like the T-Rex just bit the ostrich's head off too so that's kinda funny

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Nice job, Lester. "Guaranteed jobs" is really something we should all be terrified of. What a horrible prospect. Definitely good to scaremonger your audience with the fear of jobs.

And also the terrifying prospect of being able to charge your electric car.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Raised By Birds posted:

Does the art look slightly different in this one?

Yeah the duck doesn't have one eyebrow raised in either drawing

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Nice. Reminder this hosed said he "didn't see color" just arguing less than a week ago with an SA poster.

What a loving champ.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Fascism will consume spineless centrists while social democracy will fail to contain it, a communist cartoon.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

You gotta give me the fangs! :black101:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If necessary yeah. Organizations should be destroyed if they suck.

You Republicans agree with me right?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

Nice. Reminder this hosed said he "didn't see color" just arguing less than a week ago with an SA poster.

He doesn't see colour, just black and white.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I like this cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

Who's the Real Hero? Not the Person Who Enlists in America's Murderous Military

Apologists for militarism, particularly liberal Democrats, justify those who enlist in America's murderous military by saying that many soldiers come from parts of the country where good jobs are hard to come by. It's time to point out that the real act of heroism is personal sacrifice rather than killing innocent people overseas for a slightly better paycheck and benefits.

Tags: liberalism; military; militarism; war; personal; poverty; economic opportunity; hillbilly elegy; mcdonald's; burger flipper; $9.66; ethics;

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo Rall is mimicking an argument this very thread had not like a week ago. And he too misses the concept that hey, when someone says "there were no jobs in my town" they don't mean "the only jobs were bad", they mean no loving jobs.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vib Rib posted:

Holy poo poo Rall is mimicking an argument this very thread had not like a week ago. And he too misses the concept that hey, when someone says "there were no jobs in my town" they don't mean "the only jobs were bad", they mean no loving jobs.

He probably googled his name and saw it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

An argument that was itself spurred by a Rall toon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

"Not many chances to get ahead." - A take that could only come from an overcompetitive rear end in a top hat who was born into serious loving privilege. Jesus christ.

Ted, listen. Looks like you're reading the thread, so, let me tell you this right now: you do not know hunger. Go gently caress yourself.

Gonna start posting 2024 pretty soon, I think. It's about time y'all were exposed to that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

"or move somewhere else"

Hey Ted Rall, since you're reading this, do you honestly think moving to a new city is just loving free? Yeah sure, the 18 year old fresh out of high school with no job prospects and likely no friends who don't live in the same lovely rural town is going to what? Move to the big city all by themselves and instantly find a (low paying) job instead of ending up homeless and starving? Whatever you loving say, you delusional cockbite.