Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scary! posted:

For anyone who says bread loaves have internal bones: you’re wrong. They have exoskeletons. This is indisputable

the process that creates the exoskeleton also eliminates the bones, duh, but any baguette with a hard exoskeleton would not be able to move like #3 without an profound and noticeable external force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
THE EGG

by SHERWOOD ANDERSON

first understand eggs

http://thereycenter.org/uploads/3/4/3/2/3432754/the_egg_-_sherwood_anderson.pdf

then you can apply first principles to baguettes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Is that a banh mi

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

the process that creates the exoskeleton also eliminates the bones, duh, but any baguette with a hard exoskeleton would not be able to move like #3 without an profound and noticeable external force

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

was there an event associated with this tweet or did it just seem like brainworms at the time

yes but also divorce and tabloid new hotness

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

I wonder what he's gonna offer this doctor to lie about his physical.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

a baguette with a hard enough exoskeleton becomes british iirc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hell be 239 again

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
goddamit dingell noooo

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is the govt even capable of taking down Amazon if it fought back? Not many men under arms yet but they are a logistical titan and could yank a lot of infrastructure out from under the govt, and probably launch crippling cyber attacks? All the big tech companies have enough ex special forces on payroll to serve as cadres for an armed mobilization of personnel and assets

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

belt posted:

ronny's back

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

mormonpartyboat posted:

they were already regulated by treasury, and it wasn't until 77 that the insane right wingers took over the nra

He quit the board of NRA in 1994.

He was part of a movement to abolish the ATF in 1981.

He also voted against the Brady Bill, which required a waiting period for gun purchases.

He opposed the inclusion of the Assault Weapons Ban in the 1994 Crime Bill (but voted for it anyway, which is why he quit the board).

He voted to repeal the Assault Weapons Ban in 1996.

In 2007 he bragged at an NRA meeting about his role in watering down gun control regulation in the wake of Columbine:

"Terrible events have occurred from time to time. You'll recall Columbine. Well, with the help and the vigorous effort of NRA and your wonderful ILA and my dear friends in your leadership and in our leadership, we saw that we were able to prevent legislation from passing then which would in fact cause hideous problems to legitimate sportsmen, hunters and outdoorsman."

He did help enact some changes to background checks in 2008. He was involved in gun control legislation, but always working to represent the NRA in the negotiations, and importantly keeping assault weapons bans off the table.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kaleedity posted:

a baguette with a hard enough exoskeleton becomes british iirc

thick enough to create a huge mess while ensuring that the interior is dry enough to be supremely unsatisfying

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/1093718188280463361

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dingell working to mock and impede liberal half measures about guns just makes me like him more tbh

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

kaleedity posted:

ronny's back

Ahh gently caress :(

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

facebook makes it as hard as possible for adblocks to block their ads and their solution is to send your computer tons of garbage, making your computer work way harder than it should to render a picture and some text

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

id abort a baby wearing a maga hat too :shrug:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

would you abort baby hitler?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1093700250101927936

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DryGoods posted:

I'd abort adult Hitler op

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

who does the actual physical serving of subpoenas for house committee hearings

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1093718081980063745

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i needed wstrongk wint post-dingell and this ain't cutit

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

how do I get my dog this job

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
send them skinny babbies back to the compost pile

gimme a corn-fed kid

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

buddhanc posted:

who does the actual physical serving of subpoenas for house committee hearings

if I had to guess, sheriffs, whose only purpose is serving subpoenas and warrants

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

shovelbum posted:

Is the govt even capable of taking down Amazon if it fought back? Not many men under arms yet but they are a logistical titan and could yank a lot of infrastructure out from under the govt, and probably launch crippling cyber attacks? All the big tech companies have enough ex special forces on payroll to serve as cadres for an armed mobilization of personnel and assets

Probably, Amazon's shareholders would balk at the cost of bullets.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

belt posted:

White House: Trump has not followed diet and exercise plan ‘religiously’

quote:

With his second physical exam since his inauguration scheduled for Friday, White House staff say President Trump has not "religiously" followed his diet and exercise regime.

"The president received a diet and exercise plan last year after his annual physical, but the President admits he has not followed it religiously," Hogan Gidley, the principal deputy White House press secretary, told CNN.

The 72-year-old president, who has high cholesterol and has disputed reports he has a common form of heart disease but acknowledges a love for fast food, was given a diet and exercise plan over a year ago during his first physical since taking the Oval Office.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

A White House official told CNN that Trump was more open to eating healthier after eating a fish dish prepared by at the White House, though nearly a dozen White House officials and sources close to Trump say they believe president has not stepped foot in the residence's fitness room.

Those gains appear to be minimal, however, as another source also told CNN that the president still orders fast food to be delivered to the White House and enjoys well-done red meat dinners.

Adm. Ronny Jackson, the president's physician at the time, said last year while Trump was "more enthusiastic about the diet part than the exercise part...we're going to do both."

"I get exercise. I mean I walk, I this, I that," Trump told Reuters last year. "I run over to a building next door. I get more exercise than people think."

Jackson last year concluded that Trump was in "excellent health."

Trump's physical Friday will likely be overseen by Dr. Sean Conley, who succeeded Jackson as the president's personal physician. He is not expected to hold a public briefing on the president's health, according to CNN.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/429071-white-house-trump-has-not-followed-diet-and-exercise-plan-religiously

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Epic High Five posted:

HOG OUT OR LOG OUT AMI

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

amazing, even garrison is on the infanticide train

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

this is fine

and its fine because america is dead and dying

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

wow i was wondering why he looked fatter than last year

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Why are boomers doing this to us nothing has to be this way oh my loving god why are there no unions anymore

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

DryGoods posted:

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sounds like an excellent gig. I’ve got my cuddling gloves and jacket ready.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Legal abortion to kill the few white babies being born

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

boomer's cornering snugle markt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

did we see bezos dick yet