Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd vote for Zoozo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

break-up breakdown posted:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/351

getting a little worried over the future health of this spider now

As long as he doesn't have any evidence leading to the arrest of Barbara Everdark he should be in the clear

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I had to look back through the archives to remember anything about this guy from #60.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

watch skyggemyr start a loving war

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

It'll all backfire when Zoozo leads a brilliant defense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/353

Lydon has a good idea?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that Lyndon's having it should be taken as a terrible warning that this is actually the worst idea

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm looking forward to seeing how this unravels in classic Thorsby fashion. Just imagine the hijinks they can get up to in an embassy!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It really shows that they're amateurs; a real politician would send the Vice-President instead.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I really like how every arc starts with Audrey saying "this is stupid and dangerous, we could just stay home".

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lyndon can't accept that he's one of the bad guys now. Just relax, make it someone else's problem and if things do go to poo poo, use your money to buy your way out of trouble :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shouldn't Audrey have spies to do this sort of thing for her now?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lyndon's getting a vision of the present because he's so bad at this that his death is imminent.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I still love their flag with its circle of four bloody-knife-wielding hands stabbing each other in the back :allears:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So we haven't seen Lyndon learn a new spell since he lost the gravity one. I wonder if he learned one offscreen and it's being saved for dramatic tension/comedic timing, or if he just decided to break into an embassy without the one thing he can do to help in a situation.

HBar posted:

Lyndon's getting a vision of the present because he's so bad at this that his death is imminent.

But the first time he used the scepter, his death was imminent and he didn't react this way. What if the evil clown giraffe Russians made a fake scepter because they knew he was coming?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

But the first time he used the scepter, his death was imminent and he didn't react this way. What if the evil clown giraffe Russians made a fake scepter because they knew he was coming?

I don't think that death-timeline was one in which he used the scepter - I believe that until now, all the death-timelines we've seen branch off immediately before the use of the scepter. My guess is this death-timeline is a special case, and includes the use of the scepter because the act of using the scepter plays a role in his death.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/355

GOOD

I'm hoping this turns into the nuke base sequence from Brain Chip

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 18, 2019

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Audrey doesn't need to be faster than the bear...

I know this probably means this is a vision and they're in a doomed timeline that will end when the jouster kills Lyndon, but maybe Lyndon's just dead now.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Theory: Not only does the scepter only include its latest use in a death-timeline if its use causes the death, death-timelines cannot contain nested uses.

Wait, wait. Woah woah woah. This might mean...

SOMEONE ELSE USED THE SCEPTER AND WE WERE ALREADY IN A DEATH-TIMELINE BEFORE LYNDON TOUCHED THE GEM

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

SOMEONE ELSE USED THE SCEPTER AND WE WERE ALREADY IN A DEATH-TIMELINE BEFORE LYNDON TOUCHED THE GEM

Bowtie is freaking out because he knows that if the sceptre doesn't work that means he's in a death-timeline and will cease to exist when the Primary dies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Poor bottom half. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What the gently caress is happening here

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I was assuming that the Skyggemyrians were trying to destabilise the government, and this is now a trap with a fake sceptre (they wanted a minister to try to break in, and now prefer to capture Lyndon rather than kill him).
Maybe so they have a political grievance to start a war.

But then, Thorsby is never doing what I assume he's doing!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Huh, The visions usually ended when the user died.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Huh, The visions usually ended when the user died.

They're specifically saying they didn't find Lyndon or his corpse, so he's probably still alive.

But besides that, we at least have to consider the possibility this isn't a vision, and the scepter did actually stop working somehow. It wouldn't make sense to show this scene in a vision that's from Lyndon's point of view, and the scepter's visions never gave any kind of context like this before.

Maybe that's a fake copy, and someone stole the real scepter at some point.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

the scepter's visions never gave any kind of context like this before.

Maybe we, the readers, are seeing more of a death-timeline than the user will see. Calling it: someone dies, and the next page consists of a single panel showing the victim touching the gem and reacting to their death-vision.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

tempted to go back through most of this comic to find out who touches the gem without dying, and when

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Make the whole comic a reverse it’s a wonderful life where the character just spends 300 strips seeing how and why they need to die.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GOD drat YOU THORSBY WHY MUST YOU TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
RIP Spider-Prez, you were too good for Diabolica.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

What the hell is that outfit!?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Something for a clown to wear to the circus.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Note what's been removed from the wall. Has Trixie slaughtered somebody... with an axe??

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Note what's been removed from the wall. Has Trixie slaughtered somebody... with an axe??

No, because the scimitar is missing. Audrey took it for her mission with Lyndon.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

tempted to go back through most of this comic to find out who touches the gem without dying, and when

Keep in mind that when Lyndon's death was imminent and he touched the gem, we appeared to see a universe where he didn't touch it. It seems that death-timelines shown by the gem never include the gem-touching that results in the timeline being shown, because it would create a logical paradox.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

President Megascythe explains most of the US vice presidential nominees in living memory.

Johnny just has a couple extra steps now, one is convincing a spineless dullard to name him vice president.

Who's that spinelss dullard going to be? Vice President Hateriot? Vice President Painatorium?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Audrey continues to be the best even though she's being played

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Lyndon

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I'm assuming Lyndon isn't dead here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Also, my dad is 87 and in real poor health.

loving Thorsby :allears: