Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I genuinely just assumed that any activity you register within an app would be logged and tracked for the app developers. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

my bitter bi rival posted:

You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

i find it hilarious that people are convinced that facebook/amazon/etc are spying on them via microphones but are shocked that everything you do on the web or in an app isn't being ruthlessly tracked and analyzed in hilarious detail.

a lot of it comes down to better education and regulations about data privacy though

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah it’s like “bricked” meaning any inconvenience

lol

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/KimZetter/status/1093725317535956992?s=19

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Just lol at text messages being stolen by a government entity. When I worked for a large telco I had access to a database with every text message they'd processed in the last week.

We used it to debug delivery issues for large clients. There is no way that a government level actor would be needed for this sort of thing.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Suuuure.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Maybe they hired some ex-TAO peeps to karma his phone. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no-thank-you-mr-pecker-146e3922310f

this is spicy

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

have you heard about the new technique hackers are using???????

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

tls 1.3 downgrade wooo https://www.nccgroup.trust/us/about...-tls-libraries/

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

yoloer420 posted:

Just lol at text messages being stolen by a government entity. When I worked for a large telco I had access to a database with every text message they'd processed in the last week.

We used it to debug delivery issues for large clients. There is no way that a government level actor would be needed for this sort of thing.
sms only though. i would assume bezos and his side chick are using imessage/whatsapp over sms. or maybe that assumption is dumb.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

What does your heart tell you?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

uncurable mlady posted:

i find it hilarious that people are convinced that facebook/amazon/etc are spying on them via microphones but are shocked that everything you do on the web or in an app isn't being ruthlessly tracked and analyzed in hilarious detail.

a lot of it comes down to better education and regulations about data privacy though

people think snapchat is the most securest platform because you can see the things disappear

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
just like mongodb

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

bezos sexting is awkward and cringe inducing to read

Shame Boy posted:

people think snapchat is the most securest platform because you can see the things disappear
despite the fact that your "disappeared" pics pop up in yearly memories like stuff you post on facebook

BattleMaster posted:

the easiest way to steal credentials is "I'm calling from the IT department because we've detected suspicious activity on your account, can you please confirm your username and password?" but people would brush it off as unrealistic if you put it in a movie.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Diva Cupcake posted:

sms only though. i would assume bezos and his side chick are using imessage/whatsapp over sms. or maybe that assumption is dumb.

there's a significant subset of the population that think that sms is more secure than any messaging app because it's "not owned by a big company", and with bezos you can definitely mix in "if *i* owned facebook or apple i'd totally be reading my competitor's messages over my platform"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

GWBBQ posted:

bezos sexting is awkward and cringe inducing to read

Who gives a poo poo?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
reading other peoples sexting is always awkward and cringe inducing.

reading your own sexting after the fact is awkward and cringe inducing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BattleMaster posted:

drat it, the story is out now.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

BattleMaster posted:

everything old is new again

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/638936294937227264

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jeff got horny on main

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Volmarias posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

mackenzie :v:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

thats why you pick a meter and rhyme scheme and stick with it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Shame Boy posted:

also i'm the word """"enriched"""" in the 4th paragraph

e: and the sentiment of "we don't just spy on you, we spy on you to make lawsuits against you easier!" in the last paragraph that i didn't pick up on until reading it again

reminds me of that flight sim that collected all sorts of info but promised to only use it against people they thought were evil pirates

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i noticed on google maps that there's a (branch?) office of GENERAL DYNAMICS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY near where I work, so i poked around their website and found some fun stuff

https://gdit.com/what-we-do/cyber

i love cyber :allears:

i want to get a job in "cyber engineering" or work at the "cyber range"

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shame Boy posted:

i want to get a job in "cyber engineering" or work at the "cyber range"

yeah the entire dod and presumably other countries' cheaper yet no less stupid versions of dod just love to call computer-touching "cyber"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

BattleMaster posted:

hackers can turn your mouth into a bomb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm the offensive cyber

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

I'm the offensive cyber

please don't post jeff bezos's sexts here

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Diva Cupcake posted:

talk about a fire phone

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

please don't post jeff bezos's sexts here

yeah, they belong in the pictures thread

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

gimme that dick.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

haveblue posted:

glassbox's selling point is that they take the recorded taps and keystrokes and combine them with a mockup of your app/site to reconstitute what the screen looked like during the session. whether this counts as "screen recording" is a semantic argument so expect it to go on for another five pages

:golfclap:

Yeah, none of that is concerning except for the lack of partly or completely obfuscating sensitive data. Companies are allowed to collect data and make business decisions with your data.

Am I the only one who still says SSL when they mean TLS? :smith:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I use them interchangebly tbqh. Because while they are different protocols, I'm always talking about "secure" http, or https and not the method of how it is secured.

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

power botton posted:

gimme that dick.

username/post combo

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Htttls:// hmm not as ugly as I would have guessed
Maybe just httt:// ??

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

yoloer420 posted:

if you read between the lines of the various articles on this, particularly in the WaPo, bezos’ camp is trying to imply there’s a Saudi connection without directly saying it

it’s not implausible either, the post went hard on the coverage of the the kashoggi murder (since he was one of theirs) and leaked a ton of stuff from intelligence agencies that made the whole thing way more embarrassing for the crown prince

like there was a full month where saudi would issue a statement trying to wash their hands of it and the post would print an article the next day with some specific Turkish intelligence undermining their most recent explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
*felix voice* the best part of waking up… is kashoggi got cut up