Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
What was the category/clue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

comic strip title characters.

these 2 were named for a european “theologian who believed in predestination” & a “philosopher with a dim view of human nature”

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
So one of the Double Jeopardy categories was "2 of the 3 letters are vowels", and the answers were like "cue" or "ear".

But one of the clues was "to be unwell', and the answer was "ill".

Did I just mishear or was that a mistake?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MD2020 posted:

So one of the Double Jeopardy categories was "2 of the 3 letters are vowels", and the answers were like "cue" or "ear".

But one of the clues was "to be unwell', and the answer was "ill".

Did I just mishear or was that a mistake?

ail

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Groovelord Neato posted:

comic strip title characters.

these 2 were named for a european “theologian who believed in predestination” & a “philosopher with a dim view of human nature”

Oh wow. Yeah that's a gimme.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

She did say ill.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Hmm. That's definitely something where if you're looking at "ail" printed on the card and heard her say that, you could hear it. She did say "ill", but I don't know that the judges could go back and take points away for that.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Maybe she was licensed to ill?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I had high hopes for Haley :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

I had high hopes for Haley :(

Yeah, she was good, just sometimes you get the wrong opponent on Jeopardy, and/or you just don’t strike the daily doubles.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
those loving etruscans

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Alex is extremely hung up on this dude's name and it's super awkward

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

https://thejeopardyfan.com/2019/01/larry-martin-2018-teachers-tournament-champion-passes-away.html

RIP, I was looking forward to seeing him in the next Tournament of Champions.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Okay, which one of you is the ur-goon in the middle on today's episode?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thank god that dude lost

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I blurted out "what a dork" when I saw that turbo nerd

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Of course he would know Cheetos

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Jill seems like the kind of person who we'll all find out in 3 weeks was a goon

I would have had to take a break for a few days if bowtie librarian had won

sanko
Sep 11, 2001
Lies.
Bowtie Sean ruled and the goons.jpg photos in his news story rule also

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sanko posted:

Bowtie Sean ruled and the goons.jpg photos in his news story rule also

Bowtie Sean account identified

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
can we please stop judging the dude because he looks weird

he made it onto jeopardy, that in itself is p impressive

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't care what he looks like. I hate any contestant where I can see them gesturing exaggeratedly to the camera while somebody else is answering a clue. It's obnoxious.

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 17, 2022

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
He gestured like ten times during Final Jeopardy, too. My SO said, "This guy wishes he was Roger Craig."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also bowties make you uncool

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poque posted:

I don't care what he looks like. I hate any contestant where I can see them gesturing exaggeratedly to the camera while somebody else is answering a clue. It's loving obnoxious.

He was also jamming on the buzzer like he was expecting it to spit out a cup of coffee or something.

That dumbass wave he made to close out the first round made me want to punch my television.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Also bowties make you uncool

um excuse me what about the Eleventh Doct--what's that? OK I'll see myself out

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

RIP Larry Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUY98xILJWo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

drat, he ruled

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I want everyone in the ToC to wear those sweaters in tribute.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I mentioned that above with a link, but I guess it isn’t official until Jeopardy makes a video of it themselves...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Take a breath, dude. It wasn't a slight against you.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Zesty posted:

Take a breath, dude. It wasn't a slight against you.

Nah, it’s cool. I guess I’m just overreacting due to lack of sleep.

Also lack of interesting Jeopardy contestants and such.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 6, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
A Patriots fan, gently caress her

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thinking germany must border poland by sea is...boy, that's a new one

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
lol @ the guy who said "fox on socks." I'm gonna go tell my folks that the endless requests to have Fox in Socks as my bedtime story when I was a kid (which had to eventually be limited to no more than thrice per week) were valuable because it could've won them good money on Jeopardy! some day :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Iron Crowned posted:

A Patriots fan, gently caress her

was she chewing gum?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

thinking germany must border poland by sea is...boy, that's a new one

estonia was a bad, bad guess but at least understandable

poland... dear god

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Quick math and a decent guess was the solution to that FJ :v:

Or knowing movies, but hey, whatever, I got it right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Bif's going to go far, I can tell. I'll just have to get used to how he moves his head when he talks.