Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Let's Go To Vienna!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
idk if we'll see much of him tomorrow

baby face still has a little bit left, and they need to establish how to get the OA disc and then Pericolo killing himself. maybe we'll get a little bit of him skating behind the car and suddenly mista's fingers snapping off and his skin ripping off tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wish JoJolion wasn't on hiatus this month.
I want to see my dad Norisuke pop out and say he was faking being dead and my sailor Kira boy again and also my Fat Saxophone Rockdad Tamaki Damo even though all three of these people are dead

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

idk if we'll see much of him tomorrow

baby face still has a little bit left, and they need to establish how to get the OA disc and then Pericolo killing himself. maybe we'll get a little bit of him skating behind the car and suddenly mista's fingers snapping off and his skin ripping off tho

i could see them doing a rolling credits bit while ghiacchio is introduced properly

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's white album gonna be called?

White record? Bianco album? Bianco record?

...Ice Man?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's White Ice

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
White Man

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wonder if they'll be able to keep "Gently Weeps" for when Ghaccio goes even further beyond

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

having my hourly contemplation of how much Gold Experience Requiem sucks

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
GER is the worst kind of DEM in theory but the concept of dying over and over again forever is so needlessly brutal and over the top that I actually kind of like it.

It's like something I would have come up with in 5th grade.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I hope David Pro includes more infinite death scenes now that they've proven they have the ability to add new scenes but not gently caress them up. Also more Doppio, I need more Phone Boy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how GER's power is essentially just an extension of his slow motion life punches and that it ultimately does exactly what Diavolo wanted to do, to influence fate, but the way it influences fate is to just gently caress it up real hard so that Diavolo is supposed to be dead but he isn't so he just keeps getting swapped around as reality tries to kill him over and over

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

it's White Ice

Alright stop.

Collaborate and listen.

Also I view GER in the same way I view Tusk Act 4, where its power is more "gently caress Diavolo/Funny Valentine Specifically"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like a minute into this episode and this new scene they added kinda spoils Metallica

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
perhaps elucidate for the rest of the class

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's Risotto sitting in a room with a dude from Passione asking him to hack something to track the boss I guess? Something like that. Anyway, Risotto makes nails appear in his hands and warns him that if he doesn't shut up he'll do it to his eye next. Then he does it.

Also, man, Baby Face's defeat doesn't really make sense.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that's cool, i like that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Godddddd White Album is so gooooooood

tfw you have an amazing idea

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ghiaccio is perfectly cast.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Diavolo is also in this episode briefly, though he's obviously obscured. His VA is apparently Konishi Katsuyuki, who was Kamina in Gurren Lagann and Hisashi in Bleach.

I also totally forgot about Mista calling Giorno's Stand for him, that was incredible.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ghiaccio is perfectly cast.

The instant I heard Nobuhiko Okamoto was voicing Ghiaccio way back in the older episodes, I had that exact reaction. Hearing him do the rants this episode was fantastic. :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Arist posted:

It's Risotto sitting in a room with a dude from Passione asking him to hack something to track the boss I guess? Something like that. Anyway, Risotto makes nails appear in his hands and warns him that if he doesn't shut up he'll do it to his eye next. Then he does it.

stuff like this is why the part 5 adaptation is so good, imo

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
GER is really stupid but the fact that it's a reversal of diavolo is cool also that pose when it comes out and giorno's braid gets undone is neat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SPEAK FRENCH, DAMMIT

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

Godddddd White Album is so gooooooood

tfw you have an amazing idea

"Looks like them Passione boys done got themselves into a bit of a mess."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That is the perfect cliffhanger.

I like the added Risotto scene that hints his stand a bit. Although going to be honest I instinctively winced at the shot of the scissors.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Really good episode
Ghiacchio is good and Diavolo's voice seemed good too

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

SPEAK FRENCH, DAMMIT
Le combat contre l'album blanc est génial.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just realized that if we're gonna have two ops for this part then realistically next week is the absolute earliest they might show it

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I think the first time a second OP gets used at this point will be after Ghiaccio's done, really. It'll probably be either Mystery of King Crimson or Clash & Talking Head it gets used, since that's the turning point between the two major arcs.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, that's the most likely. hard to know for sure until it happens, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also the title is Requiem of Traitors which only makes sense after they turn against the boss. There’s no rule that the 2nd opening has to be exactly halfway in the series anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The OP will probably also have Diavolo in it so we gotta find out more about him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I dunno about that. Diavolo didn't actually fully "appear" as a character with an actual design until Polnareff had already made his entrance at the Colosseum. My guess is that they'll update the OP, which makes more sense. They'll presumably want to add Spice Girl after Notorious B.I.G., even if she doesn't really use it afterwards, and maybe update it once or twice more to add in Doppio/Diavolo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sure the second op won't even feature him prominently anyways due to how he is and how he doesn't want anyone to know his identity. they're pretty good at thematics like that in op/ed stuff.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they're absolutely going to skip through the OP during the final fight and it's gonna own

my only wish for animated part 7 is that D4C makes the OP swap to Sono Chi No Sadame

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

It makes a decent amount of sense. Babyface ripped GE's hand off trapping it inside itself, however the hand was actually a decoy being the motorcycle which turned back inside him, then exploded.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

since when has gold experience been able to recall things it's touched

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wish JoJolion wasn't on hiatus this month.
I want to see my dad Norisuke pop out and say he was faking being dead and my sailor Kira boy again and also my Fat Saxophone Rockdad Tamaki Damo even though all three of these people are dead

I'm still holding out hope that best dad Norisuke is alive but agreed on all of the rest. I hope we get some more flashbacks to when Kira & Josefumi were around as unlikely as that seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

why is the ending of stone ocean so divisive? i spoiled it for myself and it seems cool and good