Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How much money would this game make if they sold Wardrobe Records for Gems?

I'm sure they'd end up too expensive for me (see Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Dunno, Opera endgame seems to be largely mp focused while ffrk is not so less chance to show off.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OTOH, whales who would spend 50 bux for Miss Cloud…

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Kain ASB as my free Relic Draw today :vince: This will go nicely with his USB2.

Good timing, since I need to farm Famfrit 8 times this month...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Is there an Adult Rydia wardrobe record? I want that.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Is there an Adult Rydia wardrobe record? I want that.

There is. It actually changes the animation of one of her USBs IIRC (just slightly, at the end).

Edit: The record is called Chosen of Feymarch.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Honestly a huge Dressup Revenge Event would not go amiss. I can Soul up characters I missed but Wardrobes are gone for random amounts of time.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I need more wardrobe records to exist. Dress Cloud. President Laguna. Sailor Barrett. Turks Vincent. MIB Golbez. Red XIII incognito. More!

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 5, 2019

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DeadButDelicious posted:

I need more wardrobe records to exist. Dress Cloud. President Laguna. Sailor Barrett. Turks Vincent. MIB Golbez. Red XIII incognito. More!

It's hard to stand on two feet, isn't it?

I really hope when they finally finish the FF7 remake that bit is still in.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prism posted:

It's hard to stand on two feet, isn't it?

I really hope when they finally finish the FF7 remake that bit is still in.

"when"

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

quick reminder ff13 was in dev for like 10 years. if you have an actual reason to think its not coming out beyond 'its been a while' please say so

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At least they don't have Chris Roberts involved with the project.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Indecisive posted:

quick reminder ff13 was in dev for like 10 years. if you have an actual reason to think its not coming out beyond 'its been a while' please say so

Well when you put it like that, I guess it's just as likely that they'll scrap the project and reuse the resources for FF16.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

Well when you put it like that, I guess it's just as likely that they'll scrap the project and reuse the resources for FF16.

16 is going to be it's own thing, the FF7 remake is going to turn into FFXVII, but they are going to want you to read it as X7. What will the X stand for? :iiam:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

7 Remake was basically on hold while Kingdom Hearts 3 finished. Now that it's out, 7 will get all of the resources.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I finally beat my first 4* magicite, the water kraken at 49 seconds. I actually ran out of hones midway, gotta fix that but should not be too bad after maybe even sub 30 next time.

Are there any other magicites I should start on next? I don't think I'm ready for torments but who knows.

BTW thanks for the info and help thus far

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

poe meater posted:

I finally beat my first 4* magicite, the water kraken at 49 seconds. I actually ran out of hones midway, gotta fix that but should not be too bad after maybe even sub 30 next time.

Are there any other magicites I should start on next? I don't think I'm ready for torments but who knows.

BTW thanks for the info and help thus far

Midgarsormr, Isgebind and Maliris are about on par with Kraken in terms of difficulty. Ixion requires a specific setup and/or specific soul breaks to mitigate the dispel spam. Tiamat is the most difficult of the initial 6 elemental 4 star magicites.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Hello. Don't be like me and do the normal Wednesday thing of jumping into the Chocobo Shop to buy your mythril and major orbs. The major orbs in the special section are now overpriced.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Hello. Don't be like me and do the normal Wednesday thing of jumping into the Chocobo Shop to buy your mythril and major orbs. The major orbs in the special section are now overpriced.
this is 5 seconds too late for me but thank you for the effort

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I'm still miffed that the only thing they could come up with for Faris was her drat princess dress.

I'm glad this confuses someone else as much as it does me. She has the best Thief sprite! Ranger makes sense because all her relics are bows! Even if they wanted to lean into the "secret femme" thing, there's her Dancer sprite, given that she has 5* Dancer.

They broke the pattern of FF5 wardrobes just to give her a non-combat outfit she wears for one two minute cutscene near the end of the game.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I think Faris has the best selection of costumes out of the main cast of FFV . Pretty much anything you pick for her looks great.

Going with bright yellow dress you see at the end is a waste. And it's not iconic like, say Celes' opera costume or even notable like Yuna's wedding dress.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's a travesty that all the dancer outfits aren't in the game yet

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Apparently there's a controversy going on right now with this wind banner saying that you're supposed to be guaranteed at least 1 5* relic when you do a 15 mythril 3 relic pull. It seems that this is not the case so expect either some kind of apology for it soon. People who did it and got nothing are complaining to support.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The new soft cap is no joke for things like follow-up attacks from USBs. I just beat my Phoenix time by a whole second on a test run with Bartz USB1 follow-ups going from hitting 4500ish previously to now 6500ish per strike with 9,999 crits at maxed Tidus chain. Bartz AOSB went from 82,000 per to straight up 99,999. I'm hoping this went from a somewhat inconsistent fight to a straight up easy farm because arcanes are a bitch.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Randabis posted:

Apparently there's a controversy going on right now with this wind banner saying that you're supposed to be guaranteed at least 1 5* relic when you do a 15 mythril 3 relic pull. It seems that this is not the case so expect either some kind of apology for it soon. People who did it and got nothing are complaining to support.

didn't the earth banner have some kind of discount or am I remembering wrong

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

didn't the earth banner have some kind of discount or am I remembering wrong
That banner was for the relevant Corridor of Trials (still "Beta", somehow) rather than for the magicite. If it were for a magicite we would have seen it back when 5* magicites first came out; each Corridor of Trials is about using the corresponding element on your side rather than defending against it on the other side.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Yeah, first pull was half off, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled it. Got ultras for Ingus and Kelger, and a Tifa LMR. It's iffy already on this banner since I have all Luneth's stuff, but full price is a definite nope from me.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can I freely level up my 4star magicite with arcana upgrade materials?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

poe meater posted:

Can I freely level up my 4star magicite with arcana upgrade materials?
Yes. That said, don't buy arcana from the gyshal shop at the normal price (10K -> 1 Major Arcana). There are a lot of things incoming that should show up next week that are a better investment of greens*, and you can easily farm arcana at a better rate of stamina spending with sub-30s magicite runs. Even 3* magicites are better for arcana than farming greens and spending them at the shop.

*Next Wednesday we're expecting the new series of limited purchases from the gyshal shop to replace Major Orbs and 3* motes, which include 4* motes/5* motes/crystals at a quarter of the normal price.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Right, there's a VI event in JP, huh? New stuff: Awakening, 6* Glint and LMR2 for Locke, Awakening and Arcane Overstrike for Strago, and the Realm Chain and LMR3 for Mog.

Banner 1 posted:

Locke's Crystal Cross [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Fire Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Flame Chaser to user
Fire Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire Hones, Fire Ability Boost & Dualcast Fire
Flame Chaser: After using 3 Fire abilities, chases with 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks

Strago's Sage's Robe [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, En-Water, Water Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Tidal Stream to user
Water Awakening Mode: Unlimited Water Hones, Water Ability Boost & Dualcast Water
Tidal Stream: After using 3 Water abilities, chases with single-target Water/NE Overflow magic attack

Celes's Ice Brand [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Ice/Holy/NE physical attacks, Magic Blink 1 to party, Ice/Holy Damage +30%, Indomitable Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Awakened Runic to user
Indomitable Awakening Mode: Unlimited Ice/Holy Hones, Ice/Holy Ability Boost & Dualcast Ice/Holy
Awakened Runic: After using 2 Ice or Holy abilities, grants user Magic Blink 2, chases with 5 single-target Ice/Holy/NE physical attacks if user has Magic Blink

Strago's Dragon Rod [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 20 single-target Water magic attacks & single-target Water Overflow magic attack
Locke's Orichalcum [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Fire ranged physical attacks & single-target Fire Overflow ranged physical attack

Mog's Rune Bell [CSB, +10 MND] - Activates VI Limit Chain (150) & 50% VI Chain, ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party
Strago's Professor's Robe [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Water Limit Chain (150) & 50% Water Field, MAG +50% to party

Locke's Adventurer's Knife [Glint+, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost, Imperil Fire
Celes's Round Shield [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Locke's Thief's Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Fire abilities
Mog's Gungnir [LMR, +10 MND] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Strago's Wonder Wand [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Water for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Strago's Rod of Faith [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Water abilities
Celes's Platinum Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Terra's Lufenian Saber [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Fire Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & Terra Trance to user
Fire Awakening Mode: Unlimited Fire Hones, Fire Ability Boost & Dualcast Fire
Terra Trance: ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/ACC/EVA +20% & Quick Cast

Terra's Ultima Weapon [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Wind Overflow magic attacks
Shadow's Fuma Shuriken [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Dark ranged physical attacks & single-target Dark Overflow ranged physical attack
Kefka's Nephilim Harp [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark/Poison Overflow magic attacks

Terra's Guise [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, En-Wind, High Quick Cast 2 & EX "Knowing Love" to user
EX "Knowing Love": MAG +30% & chases Wind abilities with 6 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks
Shadow's Orochi [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, Physical Blink 1 & Dark Assassination to user
Dark Assassination: After using Dark abilities, chases with 4/6/8 single-target Dark/NE ranged physical attacks if the user has 0/1/2 Physical Blinks
Kefka's Guise [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Dark/Poison magic attacks, En-Dark & EX "Forged Magitek" to user
EX "Forged Magitek": MAG +30% & chases Dark abilities with 4~8 single-target Dark/Poison/NE magic attacks, number of hits & multiplier increase with each Chase
Relm's Unicorn Brush [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Guts to party, Instant Cast, Sketch Mode to user
Sketch Mode (0~1 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal to party every 3.5s interval for 15s
Sketch Mode (2 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/Dark/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal to party every 3.5s interval for 15s
Sketch Mode (3 VI characters in party): 6 single-target Water/Dark/Fire/NE white magic attacks & h25 heal and High Regen to party every 3.5s interval for 15s

Terra's Robe of Lords [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Wind, En-Wind Stack & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast
Shadow's Oborozuki [Glint, +10 ATK] - Physical Blink 2, Physical Blink Stack & Ninja Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Kefka's Hamelin [Glint, +10 MAG] - High Quick Darkness & Darkness Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast

Terra's Healing Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Terra's Asura's Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Fire abilities
Kefka's Aona Flute [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm having to farm 4* magicites to fill out my decks, and I gotta say: thank gently caress that torments and 5* magicites have an absolute minimum of RNG bullshit. They may be hard as balls, but at least you always get the same drop, they always follow the same pattern, and while auto-hit status effects are kind of dumb, at least you don't have to worry about that 10% paralyze connecting and forcing a reset.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm having a hard time with the USB select banner...its between Squalls, Paloms, or Godwall.

The only other ice dps I have is Squalls BSB, palom is a great magic generalist, and godwall is godwall. The thing about godwall is in a lot of content you end up with a free wall though, and squalls bsb is pretty great at ice damage already so I guess I'm leaning Palom.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Do you have Tyro's LMR? If so, definitely get Godwall. Even in fights where the wall is redundant, getting proshellhastega up in a single action is wonderful.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Do you have Tyro's LMR? If so, definitely get Godwall. Even in fights where the wall is redundant, getting proshellhastega up in a single action is wonderful.

Seconding this. Godwall is seriously awesome.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I dont have his lmr unfortunately. It's probably on the lmr select isnt it?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Probably, but idk if I'd drop 60bux on tyro myself. Sure he CAN go in all your teams but do you really want him on all your teams?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Indecisive posted:

Probably, but idk if I'd drop 60bux on tyro myself. Sure he CAN go in all your teams but do you really want him on all your teams?

Wrath + Entrust.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Indecisive posted:

Yes

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
For mage teams I generally go with Bard skills on Tyro. For physical teams it’s either something to build chain or Wrath + Entrust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
He can also :dance:

So can Elarra. They make a great J-Pop group.