Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nichael posted:

a lot of the campaigns from around here that failed were partially due to candidates not wanting to fundraise because it's demeaning and boring and awful. if you're thinking about running, or looking to draft people to run, they need to be willing to basically knock a poo poo ton of doors, and spend hours locked in a room begging for money.

tap into the rude teens and mobilize them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Leviathan posted:

sometimes i think the unabomber was right about technology

What was his stance

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'd imagine it's basically

:qq: Look at the FBI men being so mean to me!

Yeah, and "Hey Bob, gag THIS!"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

He has begun reading Settlers

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

oh man if this is what it takes to make reparations happen

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Rubellavator posted:

All churches are anti-lgbtq.

UFOTacoMan posted:

yeah was about post the same thing in more words
there is a church near me that recently had a sign like "we support troops of different gender identification" or w/e not getting the exact verbiage here

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

He has begun reading Settlers

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if he starts pushing actual good policy after this

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i wonder whats for dinner tonite?

:burger:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Mariana Horchata posted:

i wonder whats for dinner tonite?

:burger:

filet o fish and a chocolate malt

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cargo cult posted:

there is a church near me that recently had a sign like "we support troops of different gender identification" or w/e not getting the exact verbiage here

More trans concentration camp guards!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What was his stance

No headphone jacks in ANY device, universal connectors only

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What was his stance

He was afraid of computers ruining society but also like all mail bombers a dumb chud who blew up computer store owners and the poor saps opening mail in general

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pandanaut posted:

filet o fish and a chocolate malt

and what do u think he'll wash it all down with??

cargo cult posted:

the UU is down w/ BLM

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1094027558235058182

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Reality Winter posted:

Who is that? Looks like luthor but there's a watchmen pin and that's a different universe. :goonsay:

i got some real bad news for you bud

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pandanaut posted:

filet o fish delight and a chocolate malt

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lol Klobuchar is like that senator in VEEP played by dan bakkedahl who constantly berates his aide

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

buddhanc posted:

lol our entire country, both biz and politics, is controlled by frat daddies from harvard and yale

that's it

my brother's kid asked me advice about going off to college and i told him basically the following:

if you want to get ahead in life, dont worry too much about your grades, instead learn how to socialize. You should probably join a fraternity. Look up a famous person you want to be like and see if they joined one and note which one it is, so you can also join that fraternity. Make as many friends as you can in it, that you can tolerate without becoming a bad person.

You will have about 10 times the opportunity you would otherwise have because of those connections. You personally don't have to do well, you just need someone in your friendgroup to make it and feel enough loyalty to you to get you that job with their org. And also you can start hitting up other brothers of the fraternity you joined for work and help everywhere in the world they are.

my brother did not appreciate this wisdom much and yelled at me later.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I still feel bad for this random person who had her emotional breakdown broadcast on tv and being turned into a cruel meme about autism passed around by pepes

Augus has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Feb 9, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zyla posted:

my brother's kid asked me advice about going off to college and i told him basically the following:

if you want to get ahead in life, dont worry too much about your grades, instead learn how to socialize. You should probably join a fraternity. Look up a famous person you want to be like and see if they joined one and note which one it is, so you can also join that fraternity. Make as many friends as you can in it, that you can tolerate without becoming a bad person.

You will have about 10 times the opportunity you would otherwise have because of those connections. You personally don't have to do well, you just need someone in your friendgroup to make it and feel enough loyalty to you to get you that job with their org. And also you can start hitting up other brothers of the fraternity you joined for work and help everywhere in the world they are.

DONT YOU TELL MY KID ABOUT NETWORKING YOU FUCKER

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Augus posted:

I still feel bad for this random person having her emotional breakdown broadcast on tv and being turned into a cruel meme about autism passed around by pepes

but it's not a meme about autism, it's a meme about hillary

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Augus posted:

I still feel bad for this random person having her emotional breakdown broadcast on tv and being turned into a cruel meme about autism passed around by pepes

whoever infers autism from that is a timebomb psychopath who has never let out a primal scream

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

Major in elephant medicine and obscure languages so you can become a jungle Marxist and take good care of your communist elephant comrade stampy

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Zyla posted:

true story, my uncle finished up his masters at MIT or something and then worked for rolls royce engines and GM for like 15 years and then his college buddy at a hedge fund called him up one day in 1999 and now my uncle is worth $10-15 million

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Augus posted:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

and what do u think he'll wash it all down with??

the UU is down w/ BLM

unitarian universalist? all unitarians ive met irl have been really cool

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

whoever infers autism from that is a timebomb psychopath

like I said, pepes

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cargo cult posted:

yeah its the bernie sanders of churches i guess

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

cargo cult posted:

Yeah they are great

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Augus posted:

like I said, pepes

right

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
(primal screams internally)

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Leviathan posted:

true story, my uncle finished up his masters at MIT or something and then worked for rolls royce engines and GM for like 15 years and then his college buddy at a hedge fund called him up one day in 1999 and now my uncle is worth $10-15 million

Degree in something quantitative + networking

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Leviathan posted:

my uncle finished up his masters at MIT or something and then worked for rolls royce engines and GM for like 15 years and then his college buddy at a hedge fund called him up one day in 1999 and now my uncle is worth $10-15 million

yep sounds right

my brother and dad really did not appreciate me pointing out to his son/grandson that hard work is pointless if you know the right people, in direct refutation to the chud belief in hardwork as what gets you far in life

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

chuds REALLY dont want to consider that everything good that has ever happened to them is largely based on twists of fate and luck

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Billzasilver posted:

oh man if this is what it takes to make reparations happen
this is seriously his plan to get out of this
https://mobile.twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/1093983194104414209

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if everything good that happens is just random chance then that means jesus doesnt love me

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

getting good grades in college doesn't mean poo poo, just graduate and party and it's smooth sailing if you have a good-time attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

they accused me later of being extremely bitter about my own circumstances, and I absofuckinlutely am

doesnt make what i said untrue