Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I took advantage of the Steam sale to get like a $100 Warframe bundle for only $40 and I feel like I spent most of it on cosmetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

You can definitely revive players in fortnite so I din't know why people are calling it a respawn thing.
that's a down but not out thing though, apex has that but also a mechanic where you can grab their dogtags or w/e and take it to a respawn point to call them back into the game even after they've died

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Taintrunner posted:

I took advantage of the Steam sale to get like a $100 Warframe bundle for only $40 and I feel like I spent most of it on cosmetics

That's the best thing to spend cash on anyways since building everything else is like the whole game. Slots for frames and weapons are good too though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I bought one of the $100 packs in Warframe six months ago and it came with so much digital currency I have yet to spend it all.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Warframe in general is pretty ok with how much it charges for poo poo I think, especially if you're a bit patient and wait for a sale.

I spent a total of $40 and I have like 1000 hours played and have 95% of the weapons and warframes built and in inventory. Warframe also isn't a "real" MMO though, it has a local lobby and all the actual pve gameplay happens on player pcs and then the game dials the database server and tells it what happened when mission ends, only p2p and the big player hubs are hosted on their hardware, which are both incredibly minor parts of the game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is a Brand-posted tweet but i had to share this cursed unrelated image with you, the game chat thread

e:

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 8, 2019

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i can't look at it without an account and I'm not making an account until I'm ready to start my career as a pretentious instagram poet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big fan of samus and her cello

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1093950382722764800

you'd think she'd play the SA-X though

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
She does in my fanfic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The tweet doesn’t mention this, but Samus playing a cello in the NES version of Tetris is a reference to the classic NES game Metroid (1986), in which the player plays the role of a bounty hunter named Samus Aran

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

big fan of samus and her cello

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1093950382722764800

you'd think she'd play the SA-X though

i think the comment about it being a double bass is correct
:goonsay:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

The tweet doesn’t mention this, but Samus playing a cello in the NES version of Tetris is a reference to the classic NES game Metroid (1986), in which the player plays the role of a bounty hunter named Samus Aran

Wow, Supper Mario Broth has really got lax with their fact checking smh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

really wish I had bought that cheap copy of this I saw last year, now
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1094013782957862912

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

Apex Legends is pretty fun and I'm not really a huge fan of BR games either. Y'all should give it a chance.

We'll see how it goes, but the launch has been HUGE from what I'm hearing. Lots of positive chatter.

Yeah it's incredibly, insanely fun and honestly I'm glad there's only one straight white dude in it. Cynical inclusiveness is still inclusiveness, and nobody can read minds so it's not even a given that it's cynical. I hear queer people are everywhere, even in this very thread :ninja:

(Mirage is my husbando)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

homeless snail posted:

The guitar is compatible with clone hero so this wasn't a complete waste.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Cynical inclusiveness is still inclusiveness,

I’m gonna steal this and put it in my pocket for future use.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sometimes life is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Sometimes life is good

Sometimes no fear, big dogs or coed naked.

Gotta have all the 90's tshirt brands

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Looper posted:

i think the comment about it being a double bass is correct

Double bass is about 6 feet long vs. 4 feet for a cello, and Samus' canon height is 6'3" + armor so yeah you're right. Very disappointed in this journalistic malpractice on the part of SMB.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

When was fubu made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

homeless snail posted:

Why is this

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Harrow posted:

Possibly, though it would probably have loot boxes and pay-for-power MTX if it was. As it is, Anthem is not free to play, but (for now) has no loot boxes and only plans to sell skins, emotes, and stuff like that. They also plan on all the content/story updates being free instead of being paid DLC, so... yeah, good luck with that.

I really want the game to succeed because I think the core game is a lot of fun, but it has absolutely everything else working against it, including its own release schedule.

My guess is that Apex Legends has been ready to go for awhile but they were holding it back to not crowd the demo/release period for Anthem. Then they took the auspices re: Anthem and thought why bother. I wanted Anthem to be good but it isn't and I wouldn't be surprised if it never gets there. You know things are bad when the community starts pinning its hopes on a "dev build" or day 1 patch.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Why is this
They shut down Guitar Hero TV without enough of a warning, which contained most of the content of the game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

"No wife, no horse, no mustache."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They shut down Guitar Hero TV without enough of a warning, which contained most of the content of the game.

Oh I see

*reads wikipedia*

quote:

Activision shuttered the GHTV mode on December 1, 2018, reducing the available Guitar Hero songs from almost 500, to 42.

Oh I SEE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you get tom clancy's the division from the humble monthly because you wanted to get the pc version of yakuza 0, and then they discount all the tom clancy's the division DLC 90% so you just buy all of it and start playing a lot of tom clancy's the division

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

My guess is that Apex Legends has been ready to go for awhile but they were holding it back to not crowd the demo/release period for Anthem. Then they took the auspices re: Anthem and thought why bother. I wanted Anthem to be good but it isn't and I wouldn't be surprised if it never gets there. You know things are bad when the community starts pinning its hopes on a "dev build" or day 1 patch.

Eh, I mean, there are definitely visible improvements in the launch build that weren't in the demo fork (like a social hub, a squad UI, etc., things we've actually seen in preview videos), but there are also a lot of things that we're just being reassured will be better with no real evidence.

That said, even if every single bug from the demo is fixed (which it won't be), there are bound to be bugs in areas of the game we didn't see in the demo, new performance issues, and the issues with the game's godawful UX are big enough that it'd take a year of concentrated patching to fix.

I think the core game is fun enough to give it a shot even with those issues, but I'm also not paying full price for it at launch so :v:

Really I'm more concerned about bad UX, issues with the mission and map design, and things like that than I am with bugs and performance issues. Bugs can be fixed a lot more easily than core design and UI issues.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 9, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh my god when did they add the carlton to the division

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

homeless snail posted:

tfw you get tom clancy's the division from the humble monthly because you wanted to get the pc version of yakuza 0, and then they discount all the tom clancy's the division DLC 90% so you just buy all of it and start playing a lot of tom clancy's the division

it's a good game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

an actual dog posted:

it's a good game
at least I would definitely rather play it than destiny or fuckin anthem lmao

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Harrow posted:

Eh, I mean, there are definitely visible improvements in the launch build that weren't in the demo fork (like a social hub, a squad UI, etc., things we've actually seen in preview videos), but there are also a lot of things that we're just being reassured will be better with no real evidence.

That said, even if every single bug from the demo is fixed (which it won't be), there are bound to be bugs in areas of the game we didn't see in the demo, new performance issues, and the issues with the game's godawful UX are big enough that it'd take a year of concentrated patching to fix.

I think the core game is fun enough to give it a shot even with those issues, but I'm also not paying full price for it at launch so :v:

Really I'm more concerned about bad UX, issues with the mission and map design, and things like that than I am with bugs and performance issues. Bugs can be fixed a lot more easily than core design and UI issues.

I really wanted to like Anthem but the demo was so underwhelming. I got a key for the beta of The Division 2 and everything went fairly smoothly. It felt way more complete than the Anthem beta. I WANT Anthem to be good because then I have another good game to play but I'm definitely waiting to see what happens.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Whew two wins on PC with an xbone controller. Apex is the new fortnite.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/08/report-mass-layoffs-at-activision-blizzard-will-result-in-hundreds-of-lost-jobs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

oh my god when did they add the carlton to the division

Didnt Epic claim copyright over this animation?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Watch the layoffs bump activision stock up massively.

Also EA's stock has been INSANE in the past week because of how many people have played Apex Legends so far. I feel like they released it specifically to counter their poor Q4 earnings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Watch the layoffs bump activision stock up massively.

Also EA's stock has been INSANE in the past week because of how many people have played Apex Legends so far. I feel like they released it specifically to counter their poor Q4 earnings.

Lol this graph

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In Training posted:

Lol this graph

You just know some exec bought the dip and made a fuckload of money insider trading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did you even look at the axes??

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Didnt Epic claim copyright over this animation?
alfonso ribeiro is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

Yeah it's incredibly, insanely fun and honestly I'm glad there's only one straight white dude in it. Cynical inclusiveness is still inclusiveness, and nobody can read minds so it's not even a given that it's cynical. I hear queer people are everywhere, even in this very thread :ninja:

I'd argue that it's worse, because they still don't view you as a person but it's important for this market demographic so put in a lesbian or two and call it a day.