Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Klobuchar was my dark horse candidate for 2020 but lol at the clown car already ejecting folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Klobuchar was my dark horse candidate for 2020 but lol at the clown car already ejecting folks.

Same :(

I like Gilibrand

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like the Starbucks guy and I'm not just saying that because he's paying me.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I think if Northam comes out and says "Ok I'm in favor of reparations now we're doing reparations in Virginia" he can save his job

northam is going to try to exchange selecting a lt governor virginia dems want to stay on for the rest of his term i bet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i am all in favor of building bridges with nations and poo poo, but this poo poo is loving gross. like he is that much of moron that he just sucks up to anyone who whispers in his ear about what a big boy he is. like its better then nuke death but holy poo poo.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/earlmanwich/status/1093980083453378561

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Revoke bail. Lock him up.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

sudo rm -rf posted:

northam is going to try to exchange selecting a lt governor virginia dems want to stay on for the rest of his term i bet

Makes sense. I can see the dems buying that deal too. But I wonder if Fairfax will resign under the circumstances. Seems much more likely than it ever was that Northam would resign, but we'll see.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AOC is the child baby dummy captivating Fox News daily

but the President will once again shut down the government the most childish thing one could do, there's a new congress, maybe he can be stopped on the second run.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Same :(

I like Gilibrand

She's earned the enmity of the Clintons and she's done and said almost all the right things, so I'm still on her train for now. Especially after that goddamn Elizabeth Warren thing with the Texas bar came up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I don't go in for the hypocrisy argument because I'm well aware people don't give a poo poo, but I can't stop imagining the apoplexy if Obama said this.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

So has their thing with Steve King happened yet?

It was supposed to be the SOTU speech. Apparently no one paid attention.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

I’m not sure if that’s better or worse than making a staffer shave her own legs. Both are hosed up

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nonsense posted:

but the President will once again shut down the government the most childish thing one could do, there's a new congress, maybe he can be stopped on the second run.

Wait if the tricycle is AOC then who is the girl riding it

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

There's one more week of temporary funding, right?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nonsense posted:

Yes please.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

nature of accusations against fairfax are different. he'll probably get impeached if he doesn't go.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Same Great Paste posted:

There's one more week of temporary funding, right?

Through the 15th, yes.

There's bipartisan rumbles about kicking the can down the road another 3 weeks because it looks unlikely that a definitive deal will be reached.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

nature of accusations against fairfax are different. he'll probably get impeached if he doesn't go.

The accusations are serious and, frankly, he's black. And he's not the governor. So yeah I think impeachment is more likely. But I don't know how Virginia politics work. Can the governor just put another lt governor in or does it have to go through legislation or is it an election or what? That's probably the largest consideration on if Fairfax is kicked out or not.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

The desperation to find ways of making her ugly in these cartoons is really telling. Garrison seems to prefer to make her into a child to avoid having to admit that she’s conventionally attractive and has a pretty sophisticated sense of style.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nonsense posted:

im on board

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Without the cowboy hat he'd look like Delmar from Oh Brother Where Art Thou

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Northam has a pretty solid out of this situation: meet with the black VA dem group, appoint the person they approve to lt.gov, and resign stating that he is going to go and get educated more on an issue that he can see he doesn't quite understand. Then spend a few years actually progressing and going around doing stuff to actually help the black and other minority communities, and he'd be able to get back into politics I bet.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

Bryan Singer's coke-fueled house parties for which he would recruit young twinks were a running "joke" in the West Hollywood gay club scene as recently as 2012. It was an open secret for a long long time that he liked 'em young and liked to ply them with drugs.

I remember seeing a video - I think on The Usual Suspects DVD - of singer and David Hayter (the voice of Solid Snake) sitting poolside and working on the script for the first X-Men movie. Knowing what I know know about Singer, it really put that video in a different context. What does Solid Snake know? :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Uncle Wemus posted:

Go watch The Ballad of Buster Scruggs right this minute

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Way too much credit to Garrison?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I just realized that trump's tweet about north korea is probably because his meeting with kim is arranged now, and he is declaring victory before it even hapens.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Is that really what Ben Garrison looks like

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ZypherIM posted:

Northam has a pretty solid out of this situation: meet with the black VA dem group, appoint the person they approve to lt.gov, and resign stating that he is going to go and get educated more on an issue that he can see he doesn't quite understand. Then spend a few years actually progressing and going around doing stuff to actually help the black and other minority communities, and he'd be able to get back into politics I bet.

I'm not sure Northam need a way out at this point. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and not moonwalk and he's probably fine. Rape > blackface. I don't think he's looking for genuine personal growth. The lt. governor being a rapist will overshadow his political scandal completely.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

ZypherIM posted:

I just realized that trump's tweet about north korea is probably because his meeting with kim is arranged now, and he is declaring victory before it even hapens.

Trump’s ‘success’ with North Korea is one of his few ‘victories’ so he’s going to bring it up ever so often to remind people he saved the world.

He doesn’t really know how he did though so he’s trying to keep the whole charade afloat by stoking Kim’s ego and treating him as an equal.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I'm not sure Northam need a way out at this point. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and not moonwalk and he's probably fine. Rape > blackface. I don't think he's looking for genuine personal growth. The lt. governor being a rapist will overshadow his political scandal completely.

Well, I guess I just want the story to end on a somewhat positive note instead of sweeping "the entire non-raping part of our leadership is pretty ok with blackface" under the rug and waiting out the news cycle clock.

edit

Krispy Wafer posted:

Trump’s ‘success’ with North Korea is one of his few ‘victories’ so he’s going to bring it up ever so often to remind people he saved the world.

He doesn’t really know how he did though so he’s trying to keep the whole charade afloat by stoking Kim’s ego and treating him as an equal.

My whole point is that is true and the meeting *hasn't even happened yet*.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/politics/trump-hanoi-vietnam/index.html

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Krispy Wafer posted:

i think your putting to much thought into it on trumps part. i think its more the meeting happened and kim and his staff realized they could just butter him up and it loving worked. trump admires dictators and poo poo and when they stroke his ego, he loves them.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZypherIM posted:

Don't live in VA, but for the sake of the rest of this nation's future politics, gently caress his political solid-out possibilities. Let him meet with the black VA dem group, and be run out on a rail. "Educated more" is too loving late. Those who ended up as "strange fruit" never got a chance to be "educated more". Never got a chance to get "back into politics" either, IIRC.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1094053195998023680

:ughh:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

smug.jpg

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I can't quite put my finger on why but this seems midwest as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

ZypherIM posted:

an out... to do what? You can only serve one-term as Governor in VA and he's too conservative to win any other state-wide office or move any higher.