Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Quick question; if I buy that Garuda pack that has the Bloodshed sigil, will it give me slots for the weapon and frame? Since I already have an unpotatoed nagantaka, will it give me an extra weapon slot, or should I sell the nagantaka first? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you ever directly buy a constructed weapon or frame it will always come with its own slot and a free potato in it. the same applies to any fully-constructed bit of gear given right to you from a quest or the like.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

metasynthetic posted:

The Zenith disc gimmick is kinda cool / fun. I forget what the Azima even does.

Azima drops small canister on the ground that fires bullets in a circle, mimicking the zenistar, and lasts as long as the magazine holds out based on its size vs its rof.

I tried asking in discord yesterday but never got a response. Is there something up with Magus Repair? I don't see anything that indicates that it doesn't repair my own frame, but I tried using an R3+R1, and it wasn't doing anything when I hopped into anime, waited a few seconds, and then back.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
For the 300+ plat price of buying a frame in the store you can usually easily buy the prime version if it has one, even as an expensive set from the market site, with couple of taters and the slot on top, maybe even some forma packs and an affinity booster for good measure if the frame hasn't been vaulted for years.

Drawback: MR gating applies and you'll still have to build it with materials and wait for it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

LornMarkus posted:

So since I'm going to hit it at some point, anybody got opinions on which of the Azima and Zenith is the better choice when I hit my milestone?

Azima's gimmick is just nifty in effect but sub-par in function. Zenistar's gimmick is functionally an extra Warframe power that requires no energy. Build it with any damage type + heat. Drop it on any position you want to CC and kill enemies.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

So I'm like still super new but super hooked on this game, I'm MR3 so far (doing MR4 tomorrow) and took advantage of the Steam sale to buy the $100 bundle for all of $40, bought 2 new frames - Valkyr and Garuda, haven't tried them yet.

I keep seeing people in Clan chat talking about sorties which I can't do until apparently rather late in the game? So I figured I'd maybe post here and see if there's anyone else new to the game and wanting to squad up - I'm Taintrunn3r in-game.

Yeah ask around before buying frames, they're generally a huge waste of plat and you could probably buy valk prime for at or less than the regular's market price. Garuda at least needs some slightly annoying Fortuna stuff.

Valk should be able to carry you a long way, she's tough, good for melee and her 4 straight makes her invincible. Ask in chat for a life strike/healing return and hunter adrenaline/rage, or you can probably farm adrenaline yourself, ghouls are up right now. Zip line is fun too.

You can do sorties after you do the quest from the Sedna junction, it doesn't take too long to get there if you're gunning for it.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

For the 300+ plat price of buying a frame in the store you can usually easily buy the prime version if it has one, even as an expensive set from the market site, with couple of taters and the slot on top, maybe even some forma packs and an affinity booster for good measure if the frame hasn't been vaulted for years.

Drawback: MR gating applies and you'll still have to build it with materials and wait for it.

I don't think frames are MR gated beyond the trade limit, and for frames <~200p you can probably rush every component and still be under market price.

Gitro fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 9, 2019

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

So since I'm going to hit it at some point, anybody got opinions on which of the Azima and Zenith is the better choice when I hit my milestone?

Azima's gimmick is shooting the magazine (which is a spinny disc) onto the floor somewhere, where it spins and shoots things around it until it's out of ammo.
Zenith's gimmick is shooting a disc that shows enemy-head-indicators on your hud and turns the gun into a semi-auto crit-based infinite-punchthrough railgun.

I prefer the Zenith because the gimmick is fun and it's a half-decent auto when you aren't in farsight mode. Damage is a bit lacking though, you'll want a riven to be comfortable in sortie3.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Holy balls this stream looks amazing and I'm so hype for all of this to be live. Very happy that I just finished leveling up my punch rock boi as that skin is a day one purchase like nezha

Edit: THERE WAS A KAVAT STARTER KIT FOR WATCHING RRRAAAAARRR

Vahtooch fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 9, 2019

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Hobold posted:

I tried asking in discord yesterday but never got a response. Is there something up with Magus Repair? I don't see anything that indicates that it doesn't repair my own frame, but I tried using an R3+R1, and it wasn't doing anything when I hopped into anime, waited a few seconds, and then back.
I was having the same issue till I realized that you have to be in void mode for repair to work.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vahtooch posted:

Holy balls this stream looks amazing and I'm so hype for all of this to be live. Very happy that I just finished leveling up my punch rock boi as that skin is a day one purchase like nezha

it's absolutely gonna be a day 1 purchase for me and i'm curious to see what the extra cosmetics with it will be

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah you hop into spoiler, then stealth spoiler and that heals everything in an instant.

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Stay away from the west side!
Very happy with today's sortie reward.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Max out the jump and trick mods for my kdrive and that lets me chain a whole bunch of tricks together and do 3000 pointers anywhere. Races are still definitely more chill for vent kid rep, but this is way way faster for kdrive affinity.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I have until Baro leaves to get 18,924 mastery points and pass the rank 11 test in order to be able to buy the Prisma Gorgon. Someone tell me this isn't worth it and that those ducats will be better spent the next time Baro comes.

Reminds me of my first baro visit when I first started, at the end of the first week I made it to MR8 20 minutes before Baro left and got my friend some dual cleavers he had been wanting since the last time he played years ago and got myself the inaro's quest.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Ive got Design Council access and I can (poo poo)post an idea for a Grakavata.

code:
Kavat Breed Name: 
Kavat Breed Description: 

Kavat Breed Precepts (2):  
Precept 1: 

Precept 2: 
Here's a general template they provided and we're also allowed to post concept art and appearance details, though Clem in cat form would just own.

Edit: we get 2 ideas per poster

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 9, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cat idea: General noxiousness

1. Cat hurls up toxic hairball
2. Cat infects nearby enemies with toxoplasmosis

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Right, there is an infested doggo, but no infested kitty. Fix this, DE.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

1: Cat sleeps in box

2: Cat continues sleeping in box

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, the devstream's cool and all, but have you seen the new smolt comic that's out?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A cat that opens up lockers but occasionally goes to sleep inside one

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Kavat knocks down every piece of decoration in the Liset.

Kavat looks at Tenno.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Cute cat idea: does an adorable thing that stuns every enemy within line of sight to drop their guns and run over to pet it or take funny internet videos while doing childish baby-talk voices.

More realistic cat idea: walks over and sits on your keyboard warframe while staring commandingly directly into the camera. Randomly disables half of your keybinds but provides your entire squad with "not giving a gently caress about what you're doing, feed me" invincibility.

Too realistic cat idea: pees into a tile(set) so no enemies will ever spawn on it globally for multiple days until the smell is gone.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 9, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

* Cat pounces on an energy orb and starts batting it around the level. Enemies that come within 10m of the moving orb are electrocuted.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
DPS pets are a dumb idea and the only major support function I can think of that isn't already covered by an existing pet is pulling groups of enemies into a ball and holding them there.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I got a Tombfinger riven from the alert, which bits do I want for a good Tombfinger Orb-Mom killer?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ritznit posted:

I got a Tombfinger riven from the alert, which bits do I want for a good Tombfinger Orb-Mom killer?

The usual suspects. Damage, crit chance/damage, multishot. Elemental damage is also good for orbs.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Helter Skelter posted:

The usual suspects. Damage, crit chance/damage, multishot. Elemental damage is also good for orbs.

Oh no, I meant, which kitgun parts. Sorry for not being more clear.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
give me a chonk cat that can slot ammo case

Gitro
May 29, 2013
A cat with a special saddle mod you can mount your sentinel in

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
let

me

pet

cats

in

missions

Yes, including those of other players

please, i need something to tie my over those 60 seconds when the last pubbie is getting lost on their way to extract
also venari because drat, DE

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ritznit posted:

Oh no, I meant, which kitgun parts. Sorry for not being more clear.

Haymaker/Splat or Haymaker/Killstream depending on how quick you want your reload to be for non-orb stuff. Pax Charge for orb fights, Pax Seeker otherwise.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DPS pets are a dumb idea and the only major support function I can think of that isn't already covered by an existing pet is pulling groups of enemies into a ball and holding them there.
kavatamari damacy :v:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Excuse me? Nidus's Larva Pod is absolutely a pet :colbert:

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
Am I insane, or is the Burston Prime not all that bad? Like it ain't blowing my mind but it feels really loving nice for a generic burstfire rifle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's fine if you like burst fire. the augment is pretty good, too. it's just, you know, burst fire.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's a totally okay gun. Burst fire can be a turn off for some, though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel the same way about the Braton Prime. It's this game's very definition of generic and yet it feels pretty good.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
I made my first kavat. This is waffles.

They're an Adarza Kavat. I love them so much. I got my first red crit when they accompanied me on a mission.

I want to get a smeeta now before they add even more cat types.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Can someone toss up their Khora/day builds using the whipclaw Aug? Got a decent stat stick ready to go for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's fine if you like burst fire. the augment is pretty good, too. it's just, you know, burst fire.

Also if you like burst fire, the Tiberon Prime exists.