Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity posted:

It's 2019 and this is the year the queers take over video games. Your new mandated ship pairings are Link/Sheikh, Leon/Chris and Yuna/Rikku/Paine.

Bad taste, Chris' boyfriend died at the end of RE6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I'm back to testing in my Portal playthrough.

I found someone's hideout in a test chamber and it looks like they've gone crazy. I hope they're all right! Not everyone is cut out for testing :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

Has Leon ever even met Chris, now that I think about it?

In the canon CGI movies yeah, but not in the games. I also don't think Claire and Jill have ever met.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

What are some examples of very positive game communities? (as opposed to toxic)

Splatoon

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Bad taste, Chris' boyfriend died at the end of RE6
That was his second boyfriend, his first one died at the end of 5.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this game's sick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sekiro aka Literally Kenshin's Origin Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSY6E-TXg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAJuI5AE9oo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*Heart of the Sword intensifies*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRx4OkBSI8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

who the gently caress's idea was to put combat arenas in evil within 2

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Colonel posted:

this game's sick

Hell yea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I made a new friend! GLaDOS gave me a cube to be my companion! I think I'm gonna call him George :3:

e: GEORGE! NOOOO!! Oh god, I'm a monster :cry:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 9, 2019

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I made a new friend! GLaDOS gave me a cube to be my companion! I think I'm gonna call him George :3:

e: GEORGE! NOOOO!! Oh god, I'm a monster :cry:

I am absolutely loving reading your posts. I cannot wait till you get to Portal 2. It is a sequel that does absolutely everything better.

Every valve sequel (HL2, Portal 2 and Left for Dead 2) takes everything great about the first and gives you so so much more :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

At this point I couldn't give a rats arse about HL3, as I don't think the quality would be the same

But drat if I wouldn't kill a man for Portal 3

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Harrow posted:

Eh, I mean, there are definitely visible improvements in the launch build that weren't in the demo fork (like a social hub, a squad UI, etc., things we've actually seen in preview videos), but there are also a lot of things that we're just being reassured will be better with no real evidence.

That said, even if every single bug from the demo is fixed (which it won't be), there are bound to be bugs in areas of the game we didn't see in the demo, new performance issues, and the issues with the game's godawful UX are big enough that it'd take a year of concentrated patching to fix.

I think the core game is fun enough to give it a shot even with those issues, but I'm also not paying full price for it at launch so :v:

Really I'm more concerned about bad UX, issues with the mission and map design, and things like that than I am with bugs and performance issues. Bugs can be fixed a lot more easily than core design and UI issues.

I'm just speaking from experience. Other games I've played where the community starts talking up a day 1 patch after an underwhelming public beta include FFXIV (the original version), Hellgate: London, Elemental: War of Magic, Wildstar, and other games with similar fates. It never works out. I think Anthem could be good after several more months of development but it feels like EA has already written it off.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Waffles are bad.

Bad waffles are better than bad pancakes and the vast majority of pancakes and waffles are pretty bad. Good pancakes tho...

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

If you’re gonna steal, steal from the best

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

What are some examples of very positive game communities? (as opposed to toxic)

The Something Awful Video Games Chat Thread?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i can’t fight for team waffle so carry my spirit into battle. thank you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Has Leon ever even met Chris, now that I think about it?

They meet in person in 6 and they act as though they are aware of each other existence which makes sense given how goddamn thirsty for Leon Claire is in RE2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chris doesn't stand a chance

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe I forgot about that bit lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't believe I forgot about that bit lol

Its ok, nobody remembers anything about Resi 6 excep Adas imaginary friend, chris's dead boyfriend, Leon failing to save alternate universe versions of himself and claire, and Sherry's poor shirt desperately holding on for dear life.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
that's a lot of things

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Samuringa posted:

that's a lot of things

Its nothing about the story or gameplay because those are extremely not good*

*Outside mercenaries mode where it rules

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

buuuuhh no one know what death stranding is. what's death stranding even. here you go......

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1093887309622247425

i didn't read the article but whatever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

i'll keep coming

https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/1093211698545053696

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I have no idea what to expect

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Over There posted:

I have no idea what to expect

Imagine if Terry Gilliam was allowed to making a Walking Simulator with an unlimited budget

Also he was tripping balls the entire time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was already leaning towards Team Waffle and this only cements it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3XwfUNp2g

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Imagine if Terry Gilliam was allowed to making a Walking Simulator with an unlimited budget

Also he was tripping balls the entire time.

Hideo Kojima personally comes round your house and injects you with LSD whenever you put the disc in the PlayStation

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Death Stranding is going to be such unbelievable self-indulgent wank that I'll probably end up buying anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Its nothing about the story or gameplay because those are extremely not good*

*Outside mercenaries mode where it rules

360 no-scoping an anti-materiel rifle is extremely fun and good, actually

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Death Stranding is going to be such unbelievable self-indulgent wank that I'll probably end up buying anyway.

you're thinking of a mirror

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

give my mirror back

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

give my mirror back

https://youtu.be/FdpNgXJwd_M?t=34

cowcaster rn

The Colonel posted:

this game's sick

I never could beat the getsu fuma stage in harmony of despair.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 9, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cowcaster posted:

give my mirror back

It looks better on me though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

mgsv was already this. we are not ready for kojima unbound

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

mgsv was already this. we are not ready for kojima unbound

No that was MGS4

MGS5 wasn't even at half Kojima

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

V isn't a number. even the title of the game is very kojima

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Quite honestly, I don't even a little bit care what kind of game Death Stranding is or what you do in it or anything like that. I'm going to buy it. The sheer entertainment of this whole "what the gently caress is this game" campaign that has been going on for years is worth the price of admission all on its own.

I don't care if the game is an absolute mess of self-indulgent nonsense. I hope it is at this point. It's already fun by its very existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll buy Death stranding if it's good and I won't buy it if it isn't.

I also haven't watched a single trailer for it. I'll look at a trailer when it has something resembling gameplay in it.