Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Yes, the famous "nerds" of the postbellum South.

nerds in the sense that they were mostly young white losers with a chip on their shoulders regarding what they believed the world owes them. also all their ranks are named after fantasy poo poo so they are still regular nerds.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wheeee posted:

Cold: the precise logic flowing
Hard: the facts with which we own
Push to keep the Left from coming
Feel the madness that we sow

This: the song of deadbeat fathers
Hide the heart of who we are
Making videos to build our followers
Bitter, alienated, posting 'till we fall

And we all grift, and we're all in this grift
together, together
Though we're Patreon-less, 'till we're penniless
together, together

:golfclap:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Eddie Munster lookin' not so good these days.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

perusing the Wikipedia page and given that this a French-Japanese production is it safe to say this is where anime learned to develop borderline incomprehensible worldbuilding and storylines based off stuff the writers perused at the occult bookstore?

Maybe. There were a shitload of anime series in the 60s and 70s that never got an English US release, if they had an English release at all, but were prevalent in France and Quebec especially in the late 70s and 80s, sometimes but not always because they were French-Japan co-productions. So late-stage millennials from French territories (the equivalent of the ones who grew up watching GI Joe and Transformers) grew up watching Anime like Saint Seiya, UFO Robo Grandizer, Mysterious Cities of Gold and a handful of other Anime series which most English people haven't even heard of, let alone seen.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao
https://twitter.com/sirtou2/status/1093496833043763200

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

:sever:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

:commissar:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah I have a cousin who goes around commenting "I smell shekels" on various FB news postings and I'm like ugh

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

univbee posted:

Maybe. There were a shitload of anime series in the 60s and 70s that never got an English US release, if they had an English release at all, but were prevalent in France and Quebec especially in the late 70s and 80s, sometimes but not always because they were French-Japan co-productions. So late-stage millennials from French territories (the equivalent of the ones who grew up watching GI Joe and Transformers) grew up watching Anime like Saint Seiya, UFO Robo Grandizer, Mysterious Cities of Gold and a handful of other Anime series which most English people haven't even heard of, let alone seen.

Mysterious Cities of Gold made it as far as Australia. Must be a Commonwealth buddies thing

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I have a cousin who goes around commenting "I smell shekels" on various FB news postings and I'm like ugh

How old are they?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Mysterious Cities of Gold has had several revival seasons in the last few years too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

I saw an English sub on the cable channel Nickelodeon back in the mid-late 80's.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Didn't Robotech get aired in the early Toonami days?

I know we definitely had it in the U.S. at SOME point, cause I remember seeing it in the program listings, and hearing people talk about it when I was a kid (never saw it myself, though).

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 03:30 on Feb 9, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This battle is senseless. Now listen to my song!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:chloe:

https://twitter.com/LaylaBombshell/status/1093945589811671040

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
piss tape is real

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1094037020513632256

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
WHY THE gently caress IS A BLACK WOMAN ENDORSING WHITE SUPREMACISTS?

IS HER FAMILY BEING HELD HOSTAGE OR SOMETHING?

DO WE NEED TO MOUNT A RESCUE MISSION?

Listening to her speak makes me want to gently take her by the shoulder and calmly, tactfully, respectfully tell her that she is a stupid, stupid woman who is enabling people who, if they had it her way, would use her -- her! -- as an animal in literally every aspect of the word.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Listening to her speak makes me want to gently take her by the shoulder and calmly, tactfully, respectfully tell her that she is a stupid, stupid woman who is enabling people who, if they had it her way, would use her -- her! -- as an animal in literally every aspect of the word.

$$$

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

she went from a nobody lib grifter to an extremely successful far right grifter in a really short amount of time basically just by reading the room

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Screaming Idiot posted:

With a straight face she would tell you she isn't doing that at all and that you've taken her out of context.

There is no belief here, they can't even decide if this is EPIC LE TROLL or if this is real politics half the loving time with these antics. it's anti-politic because they think they're being transgressive and edgy and breaking taboos and making conservatives cool and stuff maaaan. And just like that word salad of first year poli sci nonsense, it works on enough people because the guide to being a smart dumb person has been mapped out so many times by people now. I think the culture is almost primed for it because again nothing makes sense and everything is permitted. So huckters like her are powerful precisely because it's not important what they believe, it's that they believe in it strongly. They can act the part of conviction. I BELIEVE IN FREE SPEECH OKAY?! That would be her response to you asking her about how dare a black woman endorse the rights of white supremacists.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
there are a while lot of people, largely concentrated on the right but Def not exclusively there, who spend a whole lot of time playing coy and hiding their actual opinions behind a bunch of layers of ironic detachment and obtuseness because they know they're not prepared to actually justify their opinions if confronted. it's turbo obnoxious

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

fool_of_sound posted:

there are a while lot of people, largely concentrated on the right but Def not exclusively there, who spend a whole lot of time playing coy and hiding their actual opinions behind a bunch of layers of ironic detachment and obtuseness because they know they're not prepared to actually justify their opinions if confronted. it's turbo obnoxious

Jean Paul Sartre "Anti-Semite & Jew"

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Cold: the precise logic flowing
Hard: the facts with which we own
Push to keep the Left from coming
Feel the madness that we sow

This: the song of deadbeat fathers
Hide the heart of who we are
Making videos to build our followers
Bitter, alienated, posting 'till we fall

And we all grift, and we're all in this grift
together, together
Though we're Patreon-less, 'till we're penniless
together, together

This is the chef's kiss of Warframe anthem spoofs, good sir.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Mr Interweb posted:

Didn't Robotech get aired in the early Toonami days?

I know we definitely had it in the U.S. at SOME point, cause I remember either it in the program listings, and people talking about it when I was a kid (never saw it myself, though).

Yes it did. And shortly thereafter, the original 1979 Gundam series.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Welcome to the thread about amoral idiots

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time one of these nutjobs brings up "The Libs are murdering babies!" I just want to go "you support a man who put children in cages to die in the desert".

But then, its not about children, its about punishing women for having sex.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Todays fascists are the biggest drama queens of all time.
"today's?" fascists are all about over-the-top performance and always have been

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It's a consequence, not a child.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dosh

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Screaming Idiot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmnkMWalVLQ

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1093948990339481600?s=21

Dec 26, 2012

kicker quote if you don't feel like watching these idiots talk:

quote:

But if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine. The problem is that he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah, great idea too bring attention to a stupid meme. That will make it go away. I mean especially as saying it is like someone talking about helicopters, gas chambers, death squads.... Libs are a liability in the fight against the alt right. BTW anyone have an update on what is happening in Portland?

actually yes. If it gets enough traction and the phrase and hashtag are just non stop troll and spam, it’ll give people more of a reason to spam report the people. So even if twitter doesn’t do anything to fix it, then at least people might start getting auto-suspended.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
so the TPUSA brain geniuses are just drawing the hitler parallels for us at this point, huh

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Todays fascists are the biggest drama queens of all time.

Nah they always were. Hitler started his career writing a full length book of nothing but whining.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1093881696313884672?s=19
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1094163810796142592?s=19
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1094164375848529921?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is the second murderer tied to vanguard / patriot front i think after james fields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Join me on the Nazi discord under channel My Crimes