Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I see ATK-Hairy has gone a bit experimental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why is she nude? I mean cool if that's your fetish but wouldn't a slide projector have been more handy?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

An insane mind posted:

Why is she nude? I mean cool if that's your fetish but wouldn't a slide projector have been more handy?

You won't need clothes in Brexit because shame does not exist in Brexit

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
She began with a declaration: “Brexit will happen over my naked body.” She made a brief justification of her way of presenting the lecture, which was simultaneously an artistic statement and an academic exposition. “Art has a power to go beyond what academic writing alone can offer”, she told the audience.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
She sure has a whole lot of pussy hair.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Avirosb posted:

Sex toy-ism :confused:

:hmmyes: :smith:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

She began with a declaration: “Brexit will happen over my naked body.” She made a brief justification of her way of presenting the lecture, which was simultaneously an artistic statement and an academic exposition. “Art has a power to go beyond what academic writing alone can offer”, she told the audience.

Ok, I guess. I think I'm just weirdly prudish and can be ignored, I understand what she's trying to say, I would just have liked more charts, graphs and cards and less flashing.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Wow, Toynbee discovers a loophole most big shipping firms have been exploiting for decades shocker

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In reference to a member of parliament on site at Westminster:

"The Times reported on Friday that Thomson had vehemently denied the allegations, and quoted other witnesses who said he had been touching other people’s bottoms in an effort to remain standing after drinking for five hours.

Senior unnamed Tories said they feared he was stressed because of Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/ross-thomson-mp-denies-sexual-assaults-house-of-commons-bar

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 11:06 on Feb 9, 2019

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

An insane mind posted:

Ok, I guess. I think I'm just weirdly prudish and can be ignored, I understand what she's trying to say, I would just have liked more charts, graphs and cards and less flashing.

I think she's kinda great. I'm all for charts and graphs but they haven't exactly worked in convincing the majority of people that Brexit will be an unmitigated disaster. Not that I think this is going to change people's minds either

Nudity, especially female nudity, has been used as a form of protest for a long time because angry naked women really trigger those who believe women's bodies should only be on display for the purposes of titillation or selling products.

I'm not sure about her challenging Jacob Rees-Mogg to a naked debate though. I think Britain is suffering enough right now.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://theconversation.com/brexit-turmoil-five-ways-british-mps-misunderstand-the-european-union-111301

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1094153389192200193?s=19

Another win for failing grayling.

hakimashou posted:

In reference to a member of parliament on site at Westminster:

"The Times reported on Friday that Thomson had vehemently denied the allegations, and quoted other witnesses who said he had been touching other people’s bottoms in an effort to remain standing after drinking for five hours.

Senior unnamed Tories said they feared he was stressed because of Brexit."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/ross-thomson-mp-denies-sexual-assaults-house-of-commons-bar

Leave it to the tories to use brexit as an excuse for sexual assault.

it dont matter has issued a correction as of 12:07 on Feb 9, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

maybe when the UK economy implodes, it will serve as a warning about nationalism and rupert murdoch. if ya'll put your mind to it you could be the cautionary tale that saves us all.

If World War 2 isn't a good enough indictment of nationalism, then we're all doomed already.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

Well.

Edit: hold on nws

:nws:

[iurl=https://twitter.com/vnbateman/status/1092340667697819649]naked lady yelling about brexit[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQ3l9RbCcU&t=4s

Somebody has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Feb 9, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1093966760628404224?s=09&

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Too loving late Dave

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Opferwurst posted:

You won't need clothes in Brexit because shame does not exist in Brexit

LOL at this misunderstanding of the British psyche. British people are motivated entirely by shame for our own bodies.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Freedom of movement for "proper Europeans" :thunk:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think it's pretty funny that Dave is gonna get permanent residence from Spain and the only people who will actually get hosed over by Brexit will be the young people and not Dave. It's hilarious

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Captain Splendid posted:

Freedom of movement for "proper Europeans" :thunk:

Agreed, now send him home

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he’s not, he’d still vote brexit even if it unemployed his children and grandchildren

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

I think it's pretty funny that Dave is gonna get permanent residence from Spain and the only people who will actually get hosed over by Brexit will be the young people and not Dave. It's hilarious

this doesn't seem funny at all, actually

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If World War 2 isn't a good enough indictment of nationalism, then we're all doomed already.

lol we all know that the brexiters are going to triple down when the poo poo hits the fan.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Opferwurst posted:

I might be wrong but I don't think having a holiday home will qualify you, you'd need to actually live there

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

forkboy84 posted:

LOL at this misunderstanding of the British psyche. British people are motivated entirely by shame for our own bodies.

tbf that's as it should be

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How many of these moronic dinosaurs would have voted leave without absorbing a barrage of leave propaganda on Facebook? I would say probably not enough to win the referendum.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Opferwurst posted:

Every one of Spanish friends in the UK contribute way more to the country than Dave ever will from his pensioner's ghetto.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Honestly kinda sad to watch the decline of British seafaring because I play a lot of EU IV.

I also play a lot of Paradox games but I mostly think it is hilarious that May and the Tories are dismantling the United Kingdom

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

incontinence 100 posted:

How many of these moronic dinosaurs would have voted leave without absorbing a barrage of leave propaganda on Facebook? I would say probably not enough to win the referendum.

i doubt it had anywhere near as much impact as people like to pretend

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Jose posted:

i doubt it had anywhere near as much impact as people like to pretend

thing is, the speaking points from Facebook easily go into friend's groups, no matter how retarted they are. it spreads like wildfire when people are in constant communication. you only need one boomer to see it, and he'll be parroting it forever to all his friends

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gum posted:

I might be wrong but I don't think having a holiday home will qualify you, you'd need to actually live there

I think this is right.

And if you want citizenship to secure your rights, you have to give up your British citizenship.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

incontinence 100 posted:

Facebook is a tiny part of the equation imo. The newspapers hold the largest share of the responsibility for anti EU propaganda.

Have a look at this:
https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

I also play a lot of Paradox games but I mostly think it is hilarious that May and the Tories are dismantling the United Kingdom

Did none of you actually believe capitalism was the great beast that devours all around it and then itself?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

alphabettitouretti posted:

Facebook is a tiny part of the equation imo. The newspapers hold the largest share of the responsibility for anti EU propaganda.

Have a look at this:
https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

lmao if I didn't know how insane the UK press was you'd have a hard time convincing me these aren't all satire

EU targets traditional Sunday roast
:prepop:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
With Brexit, every day is a party

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1093923638225584129

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it'd nice if you lot lynched farage before brexit

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it'd nice if you lot lynched farage before brexit

The last thing we need is for him to become a martyr.

I hope instead he promotes his new party by touring the country in a light aircraft.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This is aging like fine wine.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Show me on the wallet where you want your MEP salary to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Opferwurst posted:

Well given that he's probably living off savings, no deal Brexit will almost certainly cause another collapse in the value of the pound. He'll probably instantly become 20+% poorer. This will also effect the value of his Spanish home because there will be a smaller volume of British money entering those real estate markets.