Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

Chicago stays winning by starting poo poo and staying poo poo!
I've loved Chicago every time I've been there, I've never seen what's supposed to make it so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've loved Chicago every time I've been there, I've never seen what's supposed to make it so bad.

Yeah honestly Chicago is pretty fuckin great as far as cities go, particularly once you learn to navigate it (and have a nice suburb to go home to).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Silly Newbie posted:

Yeah honestly Chicago is pretty fuckin great as far as cities go, particularly once you learn to navigate it (and have a nice suburb to go home to).
My grandmother had a condo not far from Lake Michigan, so I was always right in the middle of the city. It was a lot of fun.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I like the hot dogs. Chicago has top tier hot dogs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
SF was hellfucked by gentrification; ie, it got a reputation for diverse, cool and interesting people living there, so legions of boring rich white people bought all the real estate and moved in, and within a couple of years literally the entire city is devoted to being a playground for boring rich white people with everyone else including those who do all the work for the rich white people pushed to the margins, but also there's huge amounts of homeless people.

I remember one tale of a glass-walled office building where after a while employees don't even look up when they hear the squelch of hobos making GBS threads against the glass.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Last time I was in Paris I went for a couple of beers at 6PM near Saint-Denis and then suddenly found myself dodging huge pimps in Pigalle at 2 AM trying to find an open bar on a weeknight. Finally the local guy of our group approached a random dude and he led us down some stairs, through an unmarked door and into a tiny basement bar which was full of people drinking and line dancing. I stumbled into my hotel room at 6AM. Anyways, Paris is fun.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mysterious frankie posted:

Chicago stays winning by starting poo poo and staying poo poo!

Chicago became a lot less poo poo when they reversed the river to flow towards the Mississippi River instead of into Lake Michigan. Now St Louis and all points downriver have to deal with their poo poo.

Edit: by "reversed the river" it's more like "dug a canal across flat rear end Illinois to connect the Chicago River to a small river that meets the Mississippi", but the fact still stands that water from Lake Michigan flows to the North Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Feb 9, 2019

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a spare tire in muh boot!

Johnny Aztec posted:

"It's free Wheel Estate"

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Outrail posted:

I like the hot dogs. Chicago has top tier hot dogs.

I like a good Chicago style dog.

It’s a fun city but it’s incredibly segregated. The police are also racist and corrupt. Even though it’s a blue city in a blue state, people keep electing neoliberals, billionaires, and corrupt politicians for some reason.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every city usually has a ton of awesome stuff to do. Detroit and Miami are the only two I can think of that didn't have anything really memorable to them. Especially Miami.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:stare:

RoboHusky posted:

lulz.
gently caress somethingawful.
gently caress all of you.
You made fun of me, calling me weak and poo poo.
AND I loving HATE HOW YOU PIECES OF SHITS MAKE GIMMICK MATCHES.

and I loving hate how you pieces of shits make gimmick matches
gently caress gbs and its hivemind bullshit, hailing fascists such as OZMA, assholes like radium and Forum Superstars who think they're good but they're not. lionness and Shmorky is a loving furfag. GENRIC ADMINISTRATOR WAS RADIUM ALL ALONG YOU FUCKS. Fragmaster, you are one gently caress the somethingawful admin crew, they are the bane of the internet but in reality obnoxious gently caress heads who only want to make the somethingawful cult and they dont loving admit that they are in the loving wrong. Oh and somethingawful's loving front page is NOT FUNNY at all, it is lame and overdone yet you fucks still think it is funny. you also wanted to torrent, yet you denied it and covered it up with you pitty excuses not to pirate them.

gently caress GBS for it's degrading uneducated pieces of poo poo.
gently caress GAMES for being owned by the rear end in a top hat Nintendo empire whose only goal is to make profit.
gently caress Ask/Tell for being stupid dumbasses
gently caress Automotive INSANITY for wasting our precious resources.
gently caress the Firing range and TCC for haing illegal firearms and drugs Tthere should be gun control and police arrersting you for drug possession.
gently caress Debate and Discussion for having ANTI ENVIROMENTALIST UTOPIA and gently caress THEM ALSO FOR FOOLED BY THE CULT OF A loving MUSLIM CALLED OBAMA.
gently caress ADTRW for generating pedophiles and degrading culture as we know it.

and last of all.
gently caress YOU LOWTAX FOR TAKING MY loving MONEY AWAY FOR YOU GREED, MANGOSTEEN JUICE and YOUR GOOK WIFE.
ADMIN 5 FOREVER.

gently caress SOMETHINGAWFUL.

ADMIN 5, PETA, Consumers, Hillary Clinton and even those banned by YOUR loving DICTATORSHIP WILL HAVE REVENGE ON YOUR loving PITY ASSES.

I AM INDEPENDENT. I AM POPULAR.
MY INTELLIGENCE IS BETTER THEN YOU.
YOU ARE NOT.
YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS.
YOU ARE FAT.
YOU ARE ALL FOOLS OF THIS STUPID FORUM.

ALL OF YOU GOONS ARE loving ASSHOLES, YOU THINK YOU ARE BETTER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD.

EVERYTHING MELTS AWAY LIKE ICE YET THE GLORY OF ADMIN5, THE GLORY OF SASS ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT WILL REMAIN. SASS WILL NOT ONLY SURVIVE, IT WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lol at this chump thinking anyone reads the front page.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS
YOU ARE FAT

I am gonna die!!! :laffo:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I had to look up what admin5 was. Interesting spin on a paranoid delusion: the person watching you is trying to save you from lowtax and radium.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I AM SMARTER THEN YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

space uncle posted:

I like a good Chicago style dog.

It’s a fun city but it’s incredibly segregated. The police are also racist and corrupt. Even though it’s a blue city in a blue state, people keep electing neoliberals, billionaires, and corrupt politicians for some reason.

Yeah it has a lot of problems that any major city has, some things worse than others, others better. I was mainly making a joke, but it’s always nice to hear tourists correct you about where you live because they liked the food and the buildings were neat.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Reading this screed conjured up a lot of names from an age long since forgotten. Whatever happened to Ozma for example?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Is kyoon still kickin?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good Lord I hope so

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
someone help remind me what thread i posted in that my new red text av is from

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
think it was that one bored guy that has too much money and you didnt have a fancy avatar to wreck

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Every city usually has a ton of awesome stuff to do. Detroit and Miami are the only two I can think of that didn't have anything really memorable to them. Especially Miami.

Detroit's art museum is excellent.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

sneakyfrog posted:

think it was that one bored guy that has too much money and you didnt have a fancy avatar to wreck

i was Truckfuckler Prime. >:-( I had that Haikuligan tag back when BYOB made me IK for some reason. I'm actually deeply wounded IRL and considering not using my turkey shmaltz candles to summon a badass daemon, which is my wont.

also i forgot how to search the forums. i tried googleing "forums.somethingawful.com" "hotdog origami" and just got the Super Hornio Bros thread.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sorry you came under the watchful eye of goon sauron bezos friend :smithfrog:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sneakyfrog posted:

sorry you came under the watchful eye of goon sauron bezos friend :smithfrog:

Jon Stewart, surely

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
whoever it is either appreciates/was offended by my jokes regarding gender unfucking surgery because that's what it's a reference to.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

whoever it is either appreciates/was offended by my jokes regarding gender unfucking surgery because that's what it's a reference to.

I don't think they were necessarily offended, if they were it'd probably be bigger and link to the post. imo it's equally likely they were amused by the phrase and wanted to immortalize it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Wasn’t me, but I thought the post was fun + good.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Do you remember what thread it was in? I vaguely remember I was trying to be supportive and now I worry I've left someone hanging unsupported.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if it helps (it doesnt help) i was in that thread and you didnt come off poorly in my opinion :shrug:

no i dont remember what thread it was either, but then threads derail a lot and im not a member of any weener or lack of weener threads

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Do you remember what thread it was in? I vaguely remember I was trying to be supportive and now I worry I've left someone hanging unsupported.

I don't, I did a search of the forums and your post history and didn't find anything. I remember reading it too. I wouldn't worry about it tbh

sneakyfrog posted:

if it helps (it doesnt help) i was in that thread and you didnt come off poorly in my opinion :shrug:
:agreed:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

It was me you were supporting on the previous page of this thread (and you did fine) https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=488#post492385837

Hence why I specified I had nothing to do with the red text

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its in the thread :aaaaa:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao jesus christ we're all olds now

:corsair: Do ye remember what thread we posted that in? *holds old-timey curly hearing horn up to ear*

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pick posted:

Detroit's art museum is excellent.

Detroit has a fuckload of extremely good Asian and middle eastern restaurants since there is very little else to do here and a heap of immigrants

It makes up for a lot of things :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lmao jesus christ we're all olds now

:corsair: Do ye remember what thread we posted that in? *holds old-timey curly hearing horn up to ear*

I'm almost 30. You don't have an excuse.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im almost 40 :catbert:

i knew your name looked familiar.

i mentioned doomlady would kick you in the weener for saying that doomguy couldnt be a girl.

i lacked context apparently and i apologize.

i still maintain that there very well could be a doomlady though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sneakyfrog posted:

im almost 40 :catbert:

i knew your name looked familiar.

i mentioned doomlady would kick you in the weener for saying that doomguy couldnt be a girl.

i lacked context apparently and i apologize.

i still maintain that there very well could be a doomlady though.

I never disagreed that there could be a doomlady. I just said it really didn’t matter.

Anyway I gave up arguing on the Internet in 2019 so that’s all I have to say.

And apology accepted. No worries.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Arivia posted:

I'm almost 30. You don't have an excuse.
What, for memory issues? I actually do :ssh:

but that doesn't matter because I was making a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Arivia posted:

I never disagreed that there could be a doomlady. I just said it really didn’t matter.

Anyway I gave up arguing on the Internet in 2019 so that’s all I have to say.

And apology accepted. No worries.

noice

:frog::respek::unsmith: