Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Mosquito pilots, what’s y’all upgrade recommendations? Not that I’ll ever be able to actual upgrade mine since I’m immediately shot down by fighters

Take the quad 20mm cannons. Those things shred planes and are great for strafing infantry. It used to damage tanks but now that was nerfed or just plain broken.

The rocket path would be good if it didn't replace the bomb load you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yeah, the 20mms don’t do a drat thing against armored targets at the moment. They’ll shred infantry and aircraft, but I’m not real sure how effective they are against fortifications or buildings.

I actually like the rocket path. The regular machine guns are usually enough to kill (Or at least spot) infantry, and that combined with the speed of the Mosquito makes it really solid for quick strafing/rocket passes over a target, particularly against tanks or AA positions.

I know one of the Spitfire variants (VA?) has rockets and 20mms, but I think that lacks wing repair or something, and doesn’t have the same pure speed as the Mosquito, and I’ve found that the fewer number of machine guns makes that a bit less effective against infantry, although to be fair I haven’t used that one as much (Other than that one match on Panzerstorm a few weeks back).

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
XBros need a skylord. Getting tired of this poo poo. Come back scrub guy and nicko

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

XBros need a skylord. Getting tired of this poo poo. Come back scrub guy and nicko

I'm strangely extremely invested in GTA Online with some friends right now :(

The community is garbage but I just can't stop.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I try when I can, but I'm far from a lord.

Best upgrade route for the Mosquito is to use the Blenheim IF, and alternate bombing runs between infantry and armour depending on which bomb size is on cooldown. Especially if you have a spotter calling out targets or a recon marking things.

If you want to clear the skies, Spit VA with 8 .303s, and drop flares to support the ground game/spot for your bro in his Blenheim IF.

Had both the above situations play out with pubbies last week while doing different games of Hamada for the tides of war stuff, ended up around 25 - 5 (and the first 2-3 deaths were on the ground doing my dailies).

As much as I wanted the Mosquito to be awesome, truth is, even with the maneuverability and high ceiling route, it's fairly outclassed by the fighters for air to air, and the other bombers for both hitting ground targets (bigger payload) and defence (no rear gun to switch to).

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
I love that you can hit enemy grenades in midair now and cause them to backfire. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/skater-h8er/video/69131256

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

yall need to tell me what the gently caress

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

https://youtu.be/6c2aAqCue-U

I mean

what?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
New patch is tweaking visibility!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

good gaming tonight Butt Krew;

we'll see you on the otherside of the patch tomorrow.

in the mean time, here's a minute clip of excellence:

https://youtu.be/o5fA46i6b8Y

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Combined arms (co op missions) is out and apparently doesn’t include matchmaking lol. It counts toward assignments so at worst you could take advantage of dumb dice ai to cheese it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:dice:

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1095780979405402113

RIP Staghound and 38T for now (Until they patch it back or whatever)

Also, Combined Arms is okay but kinda weird after my first runs through it. AI isn’t horrible, but if you’re going solo you basically have to be a medic armed with something controllable, since there aren’t supply stations everywhere to reload ammo for the more bullet hose-y types, and you’ll keep running into bullet sponges armed with flamethrowers...

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lmaoooo what is this poo poo? Hey the only cool thing about tank battles was the light tanks zipping around so we nerfed them. Please sit still in a medium or heavy tank and take turns shooting each other like honorable gentlemen.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lmaoooo what is this poo poo? Hey the only cool thing about tank battles was the light tanks zipping around so we nerfed them. Please sit still in a medium or heavy tank and take turns shooting each other like honorable gentlemen.

Classic :dice:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

FastestGunAlive posted:

I enjoyed the big tank fights over big distances where you're trying to zero in while being blasted yourself, but they a) basically only happen with any regularity on Panzerstorm, and b) frequently end when some passing Assault player sees the fight and goes "oh that's cute, widdle tanks duking it out, want me to help you?" and unceremoniously blows up the enemy tank with a few shots from the PIAT. Bit of an anticlimax, that.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I enjoyed the big tank fights over big distances where you're trying to zero in while being blasted yourself, but they a) basically only happen with any regularity on Panzerstorm, and b) frequently end when some passing Assault player sees the fight and goes "oh that's cute, widdle tanks duking it out, want me to help you?" and unceremoniously blows up the enemy tank with a few shots from the PIAT. Bit of an anticlimax, that.

Excuse me I do this VERY ceremoniously including ritual hoots and hollers on the mic

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yea panzerstorm is really the only map where this changes me driving a light tank: pubbies are so bad that on any other map they tend to die very quickly. I assume we can still use AP rounds to damage medium/heavy tanks but they have a low ammo count. I mean, this isn’t infuriating for me, just amused at classic dice balancing.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
What if ap rounds just do more damage to lights and none to mids and heavies

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Tbf the HE autocannons were a little too good against other tanks. Although I would have just cut their damage in half instead of completely removing it lol.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Such a stupid loving nerf. The light tank is already balanced because it has poo poo armor. Just drop the effective range of 20mm, problem solved. But nooo, whiney redditors were tired of having to pay attention to the map to make sure that light tanks with any semblance of skiill didn't get behind them.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Played two rounds of combined arms with beastie. It’s ok. At the end of each mission you have to hold out against a wave of enemies, that gets kind of fun and frantic

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Played two rounds of combined arms with beastie. It’s ok. At the end of each mission you have to hold out against a wave of enemies, that gets kind of fun and frantic

apparently it counts toward your KDR so lol

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I got hate mail for 'camping in a plane', which considering I was a Ju88 doing bombing passes back and forth across Hamada, I can only assume means he expected me to abandon my plane to fight him face to face, like a gentleman.

By the time I was shot down and could read the message, he'd already quit the server.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

apparently it counts toward your KDR so lol

Who cares

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

Who cares

No one cares about kdr, especially not you as you were sure to let us know. The point of the post was to point out another :dice:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

StevoMcQueen posted:

I got hate mail for 'camping in a plane', which considering I was a Ju88 doing bombing passes back and forth across Hamada, I can only assume means he expected me to abandon my plane to fight him face to face, like a gentleman.

By the time I was shot down and could read the message, he'd already quit the server.

one of my biggest regrets to turning off messages is not getting to hear from pubs I piss off

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Still haven't got any hate mail in this game. One guy sent me a message saying "good sniping" right after I domed him across the map though lol.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i miss hate mail why on earth would you turn it off and not bask in it lmao

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i miss hate mail why on earth would you turn it off and not bask in it lmao

For a short while there was that message that could crash your ps4 until you deleted it using the app. I never turned it back on.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

El Jebus posted:

For a short while there was that message that could crash your ps4 until you deleted it using the app. I never turned it back on.

im p sure it's just sitting in my inbox and i've never looked at it lol

seriously. hate mail was how you knew you did a great job

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

El Jebus posted:

this, but unironically

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

im p sure it's just sitting in my inbox and i've never looked at it lol

seriously. hate mail was how you knew you did a great job

Cursed hate mail

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RCarr posted:

Who cares

It's a metric people who are good at FPS games can use to track their progress, so you don't need to worry about it.

It doesn't affect me, I'll never play their lovely co-op mode.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 15, 2019

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
There is a custom playlist for this week’s tides of war. Arras, twisted steel, Panzer storm, and Hamada. I would have dropped Hamada and added aerodrome but at least this means you can skip fjell and poo poo

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

There is a custom playlist for this week’s tides of war. Arras, twisted steel, Panzer storm, and Hamada. I would have dropped Hamada and added aerodrome but at least this means you can skip fjell and poo poo

Im not playing until they unfuck light tanks.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Such a stupid loving nerf. The light tank is already balanced because it has poo poo armor. Just drop the effective range of 20mm, problem solved. But nooo, whiney redditors were tired of having to pay attention to the map to make sure that light tanks with any semblance of skiill didn't get behind them.

Someone should just make the perfect game for redditors so that the battlefield series can be fun again.

32 on 32, snipers only, not allowed to leave the spawn, no cover.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Is the PIAT or panzerfaust better for destroying tanks? Its from a few patches ago, but I read on reddit that the PIAT is more of a general purpose indirect mortar than specifically a tank killer.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

Is the PIAT or panzerfaust better for destroying tanks? Its from a few patches ago, but I read on reddit that the PIAT is more of a general purpose indirect mortar than specifically a tank killer.

far as I can tell the PIAT does more damage per shot but until you get used to the arc it's hard as hell to use, particularly on the run

(this is just my opinion given my insatiable lust for tank death)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuF1T4sUOa4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Im not playing until they unfuck light tanks.

I played last night and this morning, they’re fine. The swaghound has just enough ap rounds to take out a tiger so long as you’re getting rear hits. Just means no more running circles around them. I also respec’d the pz38 to have quick reload and AP rounds (losing the auto cannon) and it’s pretty drat good. No s mines means you need to be a little more cautious but the AP is powerful. Even HE was fine for infantry despite the continued low splash damage.

Plus you need to play tides of war this week to unlock the stug and next week to unlock the archer tank.

Edit: hilariously I ran into an autocannon pz38 this morning who did zero damage to my staghound while I sat there and killed him with ap. Great balance :dice:

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 16, 2019