Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looked set up for a super second half but then...no. Still, a win is a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Never realised how bad Scotland's discipline is and such terrible handling. Ireland did well to take control of that game in the second half and win it.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Scotland were dogshit in the 2nd half against a poor Irish side, massive missed chance.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Scotland were dogshit in the 2nd half against a poor Irish side, massive missed chance.

I disagree really, Scotland played well overall just chasing the game too much, trying to force it.

The intensity and work rate from both teams in that game was great to see. For me it was a great game, very few stoppages, high intensity. Could have done with the advantages being shorter.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I disagree really, Scotland played well overall just chasing the game too much, trying to force it.

The intensity and work rate from both teams in that game was great to see. For me it was a great game, very few stoppages, high intensity. Could have done with the advantages being shorter.

14 handling errors, most of them unforced is just terrible. First half, Scotland were right in it but they let the game slip away in the 2nd half forcing too many things and letting Ireland control the game.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is an interesting Wales/Italy game, Wales have not turned up

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Thomas Young providing quicker service from the breakdown than the proper scrum half

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Thomas Young providing quicker service from the breakdown than the proper scrum half

So would a leatherback turtle.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Someone has lit a fire under England

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Another deece start :toot:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was a lovely kick

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

france are poo poo.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They are

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:getin:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
jesus now a penalty try

how did france beat england last year, wtf

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:smug:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Definitely getting lucky on the ref calls here but still, loving yes lads

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

lol France

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

nice lads

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/110494898/beaver-back--world-cup-winner-stephen-donald-rejoins-chiefs

Best news I've read all month.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This one snuck in under everyone's radar, but Sergio Parisse is the losingest player in test history, as well as being the first, and so far only, player to have hit a century of losses in their test career (which he achieved in last year's Six Nations against Scotland in front of a home crowd in Rome).

Hilariously, 9 out of the top 10 losingest players are Italian, with the one exception being Gethin Jenkins who comes in at 9th equal with Andrea Lo Cicero on the back of 70 losses for Wales and the Lions.

The next candidate likely to hit 100 test losses is Italian hooker Leonardo Ghiraldini who just enjoyed his 81st loss in 100 tests against Scotland.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I remember him getting the ton last year. I'd forgotten he needed a few more for the record.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

No surprise at all, the poor bastard has been trying to carry 22 other men for most of his career and his shoulders are only so broad.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro

Absolutely.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Well the Blues v Crusaders was the worst refereeing I've seen in a Super Rugby match.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I luvs the reffing in the Pro14 me.

Munster played the Southern Kings on the weekend winning 46-0, nothing surprising about that. What is surprising is that Munster didn't concede ONE penalty, not one. This is the first time I've heard of a team not giving away even one soft penalty. Anyway here's a gif of 56 seconds in

:discourse:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That's almost performance art.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fallingdownjoe posted:

That's almost performance art.

Amazing post / user name combo.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Finn Russell is confirmed to be out for the match against France this week in the 6N due to a concussion he suffered while playing for Racing92.

To use a colloquialism, this is baws.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

France are starting N'tamack at ten. So I'm expecting a car crash all round really.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

France are starting N'tamack at ten. So I'm expecting a car crash all round really.

France have taken all the people saying 'You should have played N'tamack' to heart and said 'gently caress it throw him in at 10! See we picked him, ARE YOU NOT HAPPY NOOWWWW'

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Ntamack at least plays for Toulouse and French U20 at 10 though, which makes a difference for the last few teams France have put out. :psyduck:

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2019

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Really? All the times I've watched Toulouse recently they've had Holmes or Ramos at ten. Admittedly that is not very often. Still a big risk to throw someone so inexperienced in like that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

He's played a few times so it's not a completely unknown partnership and he did win the U20s world cup at 10 for France but I think Scotland will look to unsettle him there. Mostly by sending Allan Dell to smash the piss out of him at every opportunity.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Horne to replace Russell. Lol that's us hosed.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Could be worse. Could be Wales and pick Anscombe to start against England...

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

Could be worse. Could be Wales and pick Anscombe to start against England...

He'll beat them.

Anyway Wales U20 just beat England U20 with a last gasp try!!! :dance:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bessantj posted:

He'll beat them.

Anyway Wales U20 just beat England U20 with a last gasp try!!! :dance:

:toot:

Scotland U20 got beaten 42-27 but were 21-0 down at one point, a lot of very nice tries scored even if they did get a battering in the last 10 minutes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

:toot:

Scotland U20 got beaten 42-27 but were 21-0 down at one point, a lot of very nice tries scored even if they did get a battering in the last 10 minutes.

Nice getting some good points on the board. France U20s hammered Wales as well, but they are world champions so no shame in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Right, it's Scotland vs the worst French side in living memory.

We're definitely going to lose by 20 points. :smith: