Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Toplowtech posted:

Yes but it's such a great villain in breaking bad.

Breaking Bad is about a man who just wants to do his hobby but his mean wife keeps telling him to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:holymoley:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Thought it looked photoshopped. Nope.

http://time.com/5523984/gucci-blackface-sweater/

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i start getting the shakes if I go more than one hour without Interacting With a Brand

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Has anyone trademarked a brand literally called ‘woke’? Strike while it’s hot amirite

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In somewhat surprising news, Reebok tried woke marketing in Russia. It didn't go well. A couple of examples.

Get off the needle of male validation and get on men's faces.

I covered my nipples, so you don't cut on them.

Naturally they were ridiculed for it, and now face-sitting is a meme.

Get on an armoured car.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Get on an armoured car.

Get off the needle of tsarist oppression, get on an armored car

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
What does the hashtag say?

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Shaocaholica posted:

It's literally "no frame" (I think, I am learning!) but means "out of control". There's an article you can read about it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shaocaholica posted:

The closest translation would be 'outside of all norms', and it's implied that wearing Reebok is some counter-cultural act of rebellion that makes you not constrained by societal norms. Funnily, the original campaign was just bland platitudes with a hashtag #BeMoreHuman

It's completely unclear why they chose Russia of all places to make it super woke. Well, outside of the whole outrage marketing angle, of course.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wearing reebok clothes is indeed a big act of rebellion in russia since the national uniform is adidas tracksuits

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

wearing reebok clothes is indeed a big act of rebellion in russia since the national uniform is adidas tracksuits
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
The Cold War really broke Russian brains.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
None of our wokeness tells women to sit on men's faces, actually these days American wokeness seems pretty sex negative.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
All those exiled and locked up sex pests should write woke copy in their free time now.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

The Cold War really broke Russian brains.

i think you mean shock therapy doctrine really broke russian brains

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Shaocaholica posted:

capitalism really broke Russian brains.

fix 4 u

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Also Russian bodies and Russian society.

Shaocaholica posted:

All those exiled and locked up sex pests should write woke copy in their free time now.

They don't already?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Hemingway To Go! posted:

None of our wokeness tells women to sit on men's faces, actually these days American wokeness seems pretty sex negative.

It's loving crazy. Every leftist revolt/reform/movement in the past has generally gone hand in hand with sex. Wokeness is strangely prudish.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

phasmid posted:

Wokeness is strangely prudish.
Not really. When you consider that the purpose of performative wokeness is just social control, being sex negative is a natural part of that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And it's exclusively by and for the liberal white bourgeoisie, who as should be obvious by now, all have massive brain problems.

Often just like the homophobic conservatives it turns out a lot of the most vocally performatively woke are sexual predators.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wokeness is confused by sex for the same reason feminism is no one wants to admit that this poo poo is context heavy and there is no magical rule thats going to make us horny bonobos who have constant sex orgies where everyone is a consenting adult

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

wokeness is confused by sex for the same reason feminism is no one wants to admit that this poo poo is context heavy and there is no magical rule thats going to make us horny bonobos who have constant sex orgies where everyone is a consenting adult

the game is already over at the point where the issue is framed in terms of "consent", which liberals love because that means its a contract and therefore subject to pedantry, and conservatives hate because that means its transactional and therefore out of reach.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
"Mutual desire" is probably a better standard. Consent had done good work in a lot of ways, but it reminds me a lot of "tolerance" in that it describes a sort of emotionally void pseudo-contractual agreement between strangers to not be overtly malicious towards each other.

The emotional emptiness comes in part, I think, from a discomfort with subjectivity as anything but an unknowable black box which is absolutely essential to science, markets, social contacts, etc, but never to be examined on its own terms.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

a sort of emotionally void pseudo-contractual agreement between strangers to not be overtly malicious towards each other.

sounds like the kinds of relationships corporations have with each other

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

sounds like the kinds of relationships corporations have with each other

Explains so loving much that wokeness is what happens when you can no longer view human relationships through any lens but corporate relationships, because corporations are the new people

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Explains so loving much that wokeness is what happens when you can no longer view human relationships through any lens but corporate relationships, because corporations are the new people

thish, i claim, ish ideology

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Woozy posted:

the game is already over at the point where the issue is framed in terms of "consent", which liberals love because that means its a contract and therefore subject to pedantry, and conservatives hate because that means its transactional and therefore out of reach.

what.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
love to complain about consent ruining sex in the woke brands thread

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[me, smashing through the perfidious fakery of The Wokes]: the game is already over at the point where the issue is framed in terms of "consent",

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I think he was just saying that we shouldn't be treating casual hookups as serious contracts?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

phasmid posted:

I think he was just saying that we shouldn't be treating casual hookups as serious contracts?

Im extremely ready to hear your thought process on this and how the concept of consent factors into it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Control Volume posted:

Im extremely ready to hear your thought process on this and how the concept of consent factors into it

Well, just because you're ready doesn't mean I am. :)

In seriousness, my only thinking is that if I went home with somebody and they suddenly asked if I consented to sex it'd kill the mood outright. That's all.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats the stuff

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

phasmid posted:

he is saying, that when you are framing it in terms of "consent," with two parties negotiating, saying "oh, you can touch me here, do this but don't do that," and so on and so on, already you are eating from the trash can of liberal ideology

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Consenting to sex doesn't mean you have to phrase it like a loving EULA you loving nerds

Dec 26, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Consenting to sex doesn't mean you have to phrase it like a loving EULA you loving nerds

i need that poo poo notarized every time i get my bone on personally

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
When you think about it, Ayn Rand was right about sex as a contract. In conclusion wokeness is a land of contracts contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[whispering into your ear after blowing a huge load in your rear end hole] The contract is sssealed