Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Holy gently caress boys

https://twitter.com/PolishPatriotTM...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

man they really miss Berlusconi

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I started taking Wellbutrin two years ago to help quit smoking (it worked), but now I keep taking it as a kind of mood stabilizer. Bad things happening to me aren't the end of the world anymore, just annoying.

Thanks to that, I got my 2 year degree and a year away from getting my bachelor's.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BigDave posted:

I started taking Wellbutrin two years ago to help quit smoking (it worked), but now I keep taking it as a kind of mood stabilizer.

I was able to quit smoking in Afghanistan thanks to Wellbutrin. I looked at the cigarette that was going to be my last and just thought “what the gently caress am I even doing with this?” before throwing it into a burn barrel before it was half done. Stuff is amazing for that alone. I was already on a max dose Effexor so I can’t speak to how well it does stabilizing. I stopped taking it when I got out of the army, but lately I’ve been missing it and want back on it. When I get settled at my new job (I’ll be working for NPS in FL :woot: ) I’ll look into getting more from the VA. It isn’t well-studied in relation to scuba diving as far as I know, so I may have to change it up a little though.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Icon Of Sin posted:

I was able to quit smoking in Afghanistan thanks to Wellbutrin. I looked at the cigarette that was going to be my last and just thought “what the gently caress am I even doing with this?” before throwing it into a burn barrel before it was half done. Stuff is amazing for that alone. I was already on a max dose Effexor so I can’t speak to how well it does stabilizing. I stopped taking it when I got out of the army, but lately I’ve been missing it and want back on it. When I get settled at my new job (I’ll be working for NPS in FL :woot: ) I’ll look into getting more from the VA. It isn’t well-studied in relation to scuba diving as far as I know, so I may have to change it up a little though.

It's the loving trippiest thing to quit smoking with Wellbutrin. You go from 'GODDAMNIT I NEED MY NIC FIX' to 'why am I sucking on burning plant leaves?' in about two weeks. It's like you found a trigger switch in your brain and disconnected it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Doubleposting, but you government workers better get ready for another unpaid vacation.

quote:

Bipartisan talks aimed at resolving the border wall dispute and averting a government shutdown Friday have broken down and are at an impasse, two people familiar with the situation said Sunday.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the private deliberations.

Lawmakers had been trading offers, trying to finalize how much money could go to barriers along the border as President Trump demands money for his wall. Trump has called for $5.7 billion, but lawmakers were trying to find a number between $1.3 billion and $2 billion that would be acceptable to both sides.

At the same time, Democrats were trying to limit the number of detention beds that the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency would have access to. Democrats want to cap detention beds as a way to limit aggressive detention activities by ICE. One of the people familiar with the situation said that was the issue that led to the impasse.

Lawmakers and Trump face a Feb. 15 deadline to pass new legislation to keep the government open. If they don’t, large portions of the government will begin to shut down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.8110503af8da

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wellbutrin never tripped the 'quit smoking' trigger for me. I was on it for years, paired with zoloft, until I got an itch to clean out from meds. Now it's just zoloft, 200mg a day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I really don't see another shutdown going well. Miss one more paycheck and air traffic control is going to jump straight to a full blown strike immediately, and good luck with that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i was on lexipro and prevesen. now just medical weed. down 120lbs pretty much solely from the weed and my depression is more annoying than suicide craving bc of it

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

bird food bathtub posted:

I really don't see another shutdown going well. Miss one more paycheck and air traffic control is going to jump straight to a full blown strike immediately, and good luck with that.

Good lord, this whole thing really was just a ploy to summon the ghost of Saint Ronnie.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/PIX11News/status/1094062162048438277

#FreeWarnerWolf

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

warner wolf is a cool dude

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Why would you even put the word 'plantation' there in the first place?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ probably one of those gated communities with $500k entry prices and stupid expensive hoa fees. And it's in the south, so almost entirely old white people.

New Harmony Korine flick coming out reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeYVJ6P9zrM

Also that new Sam Elliot movie, The man who killed Hitler, and then the Bigfoot, is out for download already. Saw it in my xbox marketplace for $7 to rent.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Let's go to the tape and see what happened

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

BigDave posted:

A friend of mine lives in Plantation, FL.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BigDave posted:

Hahaha, haaaah... :smith:

That question depressed me, but it also reminded me of the tale of Mandi and Laqueeta, which always helps me see the funny side of people compelled to see the positive associations of forced labor camps.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What an extremely strange tribute

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone pointed out that the Expanse was a best case scenario and I can't get that out of my head lmao

There's a great line in the second episode as they're spacewalking after going through the Cant's debris field:

"How is it out there?"
"Could be worse...it could always be worse."

"Uh...it's worse."

Edit: Holy poo poo that Trumpbot. :stare:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 10, 2019

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Is Hamhammer big in Italy or what?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Expanse absolutely is a best case scenario.

Note that in the Expanse, the planet experiences a global climate cataclysm that results in a huge portion of the population dying, and then humans repopulating the planet like a cancer that just came back twice as hard. Goes from like 12 billion to 3 billion then up to 30 billion by the time the show takes place.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Such a bleak future ahead.

I need to find a book on how to butcher skinny pigs. Going back to the original recipes for menudo may take some practice.

Not gonna go hungry.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah im looking at getting the kids out and camping while earth isnt actively trying to shrug us off (moreso)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Leave the pets alone.

Learn to butcher the long pig

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Solar hydroponics :getin:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lol did this get posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDn_-QJ--9E

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

not caring here posted:

Leave the pets alone.

Learn to butcher the long pig

Like in a Nando Parrado "I'm not gonna die" sense or Hannibal Lecter "it's sunday, might as well get my murder on" sense?

I'm down with either just want to know where we stand.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd like to say Nando at first, but then we hopefully thrive and go a little bit Lector.

You know, break out the silverware kind of poo poo

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

colachute posted:

A friend of mine lives in Plantation, FL.

i grew up there AMA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

As Nero Danced posted:

Like in a Nando Parrado "I'm not gonna die" sense or Hannibal Lecter "it's sunday, might as well get my murder on" sense?

I'm down with either just want to know where we stand.

Don’t play with your food.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Waroduce posted:

i grew up there AMA

Is it chuddy

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Guess I'll just die

Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature?CMP=fb_gu

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 10, 2019

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

quote:

Sánchez-Bayo said he had recently witnessed an insect crash himself. A recent family holiday involved a 400-mile (700km) drive across rural Australia, but he had not once had to clean the windscreen, he said. “Years ago you had to do this constantly.”

Science bitch over here has been slaughtering insects by the thousands with his car and now wonders where they've all gone. Gee, I think we should commission a longitudinal study with lots of travel bursaries to exotic countries to solve THIS headscratcher. :rolleyes:

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 10, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

"Hurr hurr well I hate bugs anyway"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We're dealing with the meanest, stupidest pieces of poo poo the developed world has to offer. We're completely and utterly hosed.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I think wind turbines are probably to blame.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Edit: found it

bloops fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 11, 2019

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

We're dealing with the meanest, stupidest pieces of poo poo the developed world has to offer. We're completely and utterly hosed.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/fox-friends-host-says-hasnt-washed-hands-10-years-germs-not-real-thing-cant-see/

quote:

Fox News host Pete Hegseth explained on Sunday that he doesn’t wash his hands because “germs are not a real thing.”

Following a commercial break, Fox & Friends co-host Jedediah Bila revealed that Hegseth had been munching on day-old pizza that was left on the set.

“Pizza Hut lasts for a long time,” Hegseth replied, defending himself. “My 2019 resolution is to say things on air that I say off air. I don’t think I’ve washed my hands for 10 years. Really, I don’t really wash my hands ever.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I think wind turbines are probably to blame.

Insect-killing solar.