Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

Better pics

So fuckin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Beautiful White Scars.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Better pics

You've set the bar pretty high.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

You've set the bar pretty high.

He painted them crazy quick too. My sallies were a 2.5 month project and the scars make me look like a slowpoke.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

Better pics

These are my favorite of the bunch. They feel like seekers, did I get it right?

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

panascope posted:

You in the PNW? These are sweet.

Thanks! Nah, I'm on the east coast.

Zasze posted:

THESE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL BOIS

for real though they came out amazing.

THANK YOU.

BULBASAUR posted:

I really like the style of what you've done with these. It's distinct and unique from what Hixson did. They look like they worn in and heat blasted. Do you have any troops painted in the style?

Thanks! His models were some of my inspiration to finally take the plunge and try it out for myself. I have a few squads half done, but no more decent photos than what I posted a few pages back. I'm setting goals to get squads done once a week or so.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm really proud of how these turn out and looking forward to making more/actually playing some games of 30k this year (hopefully).

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

These are my favorite of the bunch. They feel like seekers, did I get it right?

Those are seekers! I like the shapeways combi-weapons better than the FW design. It really emphasizes the killier of the two options, hiding the bolter on the bottom.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Ghazk posted:

Those are seekers! I like the shapeways combi-weapons better than the FW design. It really emphasizes the killier of the two options, hiding the bolter on the bottom.

It really gets across how you could arguably fire them more than once as they look like a full plasma gun.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I like the look a lot. Those plus the helmet lenses made me think- seekers!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
See-kers if you will

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
These are some really good mans my dudes. Here's what I've been working on:

One more Reaver and my toxx will be assembled

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 8, 2019

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Hello friends. Who is at lvo and wants to meet up

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

beergod posted:

Come to the yelling and the ZM tables tomorrow we’ll sort the rest out from there.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

beergod posted:

Just look for the crowd of a dozen idiots in team shirts. Don't be scared by all the shouting, that's just how we do.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Cool are there tons of vendors? By chance I just got into Horus heresy and want to build an army this weekend. The books are great. Hail the warmaster and death to the false emperor.

I’ll pop my head in tomorrow in between rounds of shadespire

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

beergod posted:

Cool are there tons of vendors? By chance I just got into Horus heresy and want to build an army this weekend. The books are great. Hail the warmaster and death to the false emperor.

I’ll pop my head in tomorrow in between rounds of shadespire

The SA 30k crew will be running some Zone Mortalis table(s). Should be pretty easy to spot them.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Summary of the 30k thread experience after one day of LVO

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

adamantium|wang posted:

These are some really good mans my dudes. Here's what I've been working on:

One more Reaver and my toxx will be assembled

That's the only 'dynamic' Reaver pose I've seen that doesn't look poo poo. In fact it looks good. Well done.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Summary of the 30k thread experience after one day of LVO

Deader than Shithole Island itself.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thoughts and prayers

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That's the only 'dynamic' Reaver pose I've seen that doesn't look poo poo. In fact it looks good. Well done.

Thanks man. Reaver legs are a gigantic pain in the rear end to put together and my dumb rear end just picked up a second one. I don't get it, the Warhounds are short and simple, the Warlords are cleverly designed and a lot of fun to build. The Reaver has 17 pieces for each leg that need to line up in a limited number of ways with no pegs to hold them in place and chunky pistons that easily get in the way of the armor plates, but that only becomes apparent after you've built the whole thing.

E: oh and it's very easy to get the shins around the wrong way (the aquila is modeled on the back of them for some reason) and there are distinct left and right feet that are very easy to miss.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 9, 2019

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Wait, did some dude bring 6 Knights to stomp all over everyone in the narrative?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

adamantium|wang posted:

Wait, did some dude bring 6 Knights to stomp all over everyone in the narrative?

Last year there was talk that the competitive and narrative 30k events would be merged for 2019. Guess they did that :/

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mango Polo posted:

Last year there was talk that the competitive and narrative 30k events would be merged for 2019. Guess they did that :/

There only looked to be one 30k event, yeah. Kind of a shame. The armies were pretty nice at least.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The armies were pretty nice at least.

Lol and then this shows up

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

LVO 2019 Trip Report

Pros: Zone Mortalis rules and everyone should play it. Average painting quality just straight dunking on anything else in the building.

Cons: It makes me sad to think that many LVO attendees did not have the courage to go watch Horsies at Excalibur in the presence of the Warmaster himself. My pity for these lost souls is the only imperfection on the weekend.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Pros - disrupting Horsies, promoting the heel, telling the prince of whatever he was to pound sand, drinking 7-8 drinks during the course of a 90 minute show, terrorizing the strip.

Cons - I have to work in 52 hours.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Call in sick.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Broken Record Talk posted:

Pros - disrupting Horsies, promoting the heel, telling the prince of whatever he was to pound sand, drinking 7-8 drinks during the course of a 90 minute show, terrorizing the strip.

Cons - I have to work in 52 hours.

The fact we drowned out the ceremony where the prince gets knighted or whatever is probably our finest hour.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
EVIL
EVIL
EVIL
EVIL
EVIL

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Was he evil though, or is that just one interpretation of the rules.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
EVIL

EVIL

EVIL

I have no voice today whoops. Worth it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

30k crew has been specially trained to yell and get mad. I am glad these skills carry over to some many different arenas.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So much fun, truly God’s Game, and God’s Convention. Hixson goes defeated in 2019

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:rip: Denmark

Slain by the Warmaster.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I actually played HH on Friday. Zone Mortalis, 1250 pts, DG vs. Custoads, I'm an idiot, etc.

Things I learned not to do:
Don't let get Cortus charged by the Custoadread.
Don't position Grave Wardens in a way they can't unleash fire with all their grenade launchers.
Don't get charged by Custoadread, thus preventing DEATH CLOUD overwatch vs. regular dudes.
Don't charge Custoadred with bikes, hoping to survive to do I1 melta bomb.
Remember that there's a high chance you'll get overwatched at full BS in ZM.

Overall, I had fun not killing any of the enemies. My paragon rolled two trash Warlord Traits. My meltas did not want to appear on the table.

10/10, would do again, but maybe less idiotically.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
New FAQ is up. Summary of cool bits:

quote:

So battle automata don’t get legion rules anymore just a list of specific benefits.

Palatine Blades can all get arty armour for 10 pts which makes sense. Jump packs 5 pts cheaper. Some power weapon options cheaper.

Phalanx warders get +1 WS when 3 or more are present. Drop in points from 255 to 190. 12 vs 15 pts for additional marines and power axes are now 5 pts vs 10.

Wow Ashen Circle axe rake +1 S and AP 3. Nice. 145 pts now instead of 175. Axes also add +1 to initiative for sweeping advances and chaplains can now join the unit. 15 pts for additional marines vs 20.

Immortals drop 45 pts and now regular shoot instead of SS on fleeing units.

For space wolves Warriors Mettle can apply to apothecaries that join the unit.

Destroyers down from 150 points to 105. 5 pts less for extra marines. 5 point less on special weapon ranged options. Only 5 pts per model for him packs vs flat 75 for whole unit. Hardened armor base. Plus new weapon options coming in book 8.

Magnus 175 points to use his mega physic power and no more strenth D max strength 10. He can also cancel one perils anywhere on table once per game.

Acastus Porphyrion bumped up to 560 pts vs 495.

Also my WiP Solar Auxilia Arvus Lighters

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 11, 2019

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Destroyer Meta IS real :swoon:

:pcgaming::radcat::pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Destroyer Meta IS real :swoon:

:pcgaming::radcat::pcgaming:

Building my mortitat and destroyers when I get home from Vegas.

:pcgaming: