Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/WCCO/status/1094671623330893824

Does she survive the reports of how she treated staff? I thought she would be a good candidate too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does she survive the reports of how she treated staff? I thought she would be a good candidate too.

I don't think that's a widely known story at this point. I only have seen it on a tweet linked to in this thread. It sounds like it's the kind of thing that political journalists generally know about but less so the rest of us.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I think she does. She earned enough good credit by being the lone democrat to come off as a victim during the Kavanaugh hearing, being the sweet soccer mom he just attacked out of nowhere. I haven't seen a ton of traction on these claims media wise, but if it gets worse, then it could be up in the air.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The North Korea bragging from Trump is funny because like almost all of his "accomplishments" it was exacerbated by him being a dumbass and him egging them on. He's so stupid and I do not like him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheoKeith/status/1094673529059098624

A presidential announcement in snowing weather has to be a first

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

She won’t survive the fact that she’s a shifty candidate.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Can you really just say "that should have been reported as a positive, not negative"? Next time I gently caress up I'm gonna tell people "actually, that was good, and not bad".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Native Americans came to this land and overthrew the mighty empire of the squirrels.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

I've personally despised Amy Klobuchar ever since she showed up at my old office in 2012, the HQ for a major medical device manufacturer, and told a room full of engineers that she'd support our company by lowering corporate tax rates and making it easier to bring in lower cost talent via visa programs. She knows who's funding her campaigns and gives no fucks about the consequences of their demands.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1094673102645030912

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

tbf if snow's gonna stop you in Minnesota you'll be waiting for those two and a half weeks in July

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Obama announced outdoors in Springfield, IL, in feb. 2007 when it was cold as balls.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is going to love this

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1094675870906810368

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Hastings posted:

Honestly, did he intend to use "savage" with a Native American tweet knowing that connection or is he really that oblivious with his racism?

Have you never run into a white guy who really, really wants to use the word "niggardly" all the time whenever he talks about black people?

Jr knows exactly what it means, and his next play is going to be denying it, because he's trying to set things up for a "gosh, why are you so obsessed with this, you must be the real racist" response.

Of course, given that the context was a guy joking about Native American genocide, he's kind of hosed that one up. But, then, he's not very smart.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

She won’t survive the fact that she’s a shifty candidate.

She reminds me of the mean "friend" in the Duluth flashbacks of Lady Dynamite.

I feel that if I can say that sentence about a candidate they won't get the D nomination.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1094657291687735302

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Space Gopher posted:

Have you never run into a white guy who really, really wants to use the word "niggardly" all the time whenever he talks about black people?

Lol douchebag goons used to try to pull that poo poo on me back in the day

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

BrandorKP posted:

She reminds me of the mean "friend" in the Duluth flashbacks of Lady Dynamite.

I feel that if I can say that sentence about a candidate they won't get the D nomination.

Her camp is handing out cocoa and cookies, so her campaign will survive because she will feed her attendees like every cool, good mom should.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

eke out posted:

i guess i just don't really care about imprecise drafting that was quickly fixed and not contained in a final bill, but i do care about people posting that dishonest right-wing framing in this thread as if it's factually correct

I wasn't saying those people are correct, I was just venting really. Severing is not an option unfortunately since I live with them

bone napoleon
May 9, 2012

there is nothing

posted:

As a white guy, let me weigh in on this black face situation by saying

I've had a few conversations with people about the blackface scandal in VA. They don't see the big deal about wearing face paint even when given the historical context. They see it as a joke as opposed to at best tone deaf stupidity and at worst an open display of white supremacy.

My brother-in-law really seems to believe that once Obama was elected racism was forever dead and people of color were magically and suddenly treated as equals. I wish that was the case.

The idea behind privilege and recognizing who it benefits is a bitter pill to swallow. I suppose it's like leading a horse to water and whatnot.

Having these types of conversations (or more commonly, arguments) is exhausting but not having them is probably worse.

bone napoleon fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 10, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
As a white guy, let me weigh in on this black face situation by saying

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

She's described the location of her announcement by saying something to the effect of "Boom Island as in 'boom drop the mic'" so uh

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

E: idk how that happened

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

The deeper question is where the bar now lies for a US presidential candidate. After Trump, it's a whole hell of a lot lower.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Midwest: It's where snow comes from.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Adam Schiff should read my Trump Investigations thread.

The fact that Mueller is not live-tweeting what his investigation is doing does not mean he has not done something. What is the evidence that Mueller isn't looking at DeutschBank? Has the SCO, who barely said anything, said "No, we aren't looking at DeutschBank"?

No. Hardly anyone outside of the SCO knows what the SCO is, or isn't looking at.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

George Miller posted:

Thank God, that's not the test of whether or not people have rights in this country or not, whether or not they pass your looks test.

:negative:

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Mr Interweb posted:

I knew it was easy to make money while you're rich, but holy poo poo...

This dude pisses me off so much. His true form is chud-lite but he's always on good behavior when he's on Bill Maher's show, making sure no one in the audience knows what his real beliefs are.

He also had that incredibly obnoxious scene defending not raising taxes on the rich in The West Wing. Good work both sidesing everything, Sorkin!

"Sam are you in favour of lower tax rates for the rich?"

"I am not."

Once again the level of listener/reading comprehension in this thread reaches new heights.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Super-Id posted:

I hope he lives forever in super jail and every time his heart gives out they bring him back and remind him of all the things that were taken away from him after his conviction.

He'll be in all the billionaire lesson books for the future "This is why you bribe politicians, not become one"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

glowing-fish posted:

Adam Schiff should read my Trump Investigations thread.

The fact that Mueller is not live-tweeting what his investigation is doing does not mean he has not done something. What is the evidence that Mueller isn't looking at DeutschBank? Has the SCO, who barely said anything, said "No, we aren't looking at DeutschBank"?

No. Hardly anyone outside of the SCO knows what the SCO is, or isn't looking at.

pretty sure adam schiff has more classified information than you do, glowing-fish

i thought the statement was pretty reasonable: we have reporting that Deutsche Bank isn't a priority for Mueller and we know Trump has openly threatened them over it. if the chair of HPSCI thinks that the special counsel is being politically prevented from doing so, it's completely appropriate

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actually YOU'RE the one being discriminatory.

god he's a child.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

Didn't American slavery start as indentured servitude, and then rapidly became slavery?

Indentured servitude is different in that it has an end date.

Slavery is slavery, whether there is an end date or not

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

DrNutt posted:

Black Jeopardy has yet to let me down.

The one with Tom Hanks slays me every time

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

eke out posted:

pretty sure adam schiff has more classified information than you do, glowing-fish

i thought the statement was pretty reasonable: we have reporting that Deutsche Bank isn't a priority for Mueller and we know Trump has openly threatened them over it. if the chair of HPSCI thinks that the special counsel is being politically prevented from doing so, it's completely appropriate

The pessimist in me thinks that this is because Deutsche Bank has dirty strings connected to a lot of the GOP, which Mueller is trying to avoid as much as possible. His target is Trump and his team and he wants no other GOP officials to be caught up in Trump’s bullshit because it would hurt his team so much.

Instead Mueller is carefully threading the investigation so the hilariously corrupt and criminal GOP leadership can have plausible deniability.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Farecoal posted:

cool of aoc & advisers to add "economic security for those unable and unwilling to work" to the draft of the GND. made arguing with family about it so much fun!!

Yeah, if they're too stupid to read what it actually means, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe stop talking politics with your family

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, if they're too stupid to read what it actually means, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe stop talking politics with your family

What does it mean?

It is pretty disingenuous of them to say it wasn't real when it in fact showed up on her website.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

theflyingorc posted:

Didn't American slavery start as indentured servitude, and then rapidly became slavery?

Indentured servitude is different in that it has an end date.

sorta. i mean it depended on who hired you, if you got lucky at the end of your contract, you could get the farm/some acres and such and maybe even marry into the family. if not, you could just run away and become a worker on some other farm or go into the city. id say indentured servitude was less bad then american chattel slavery.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Right now Satan is on his adding machine and laughing uncontrollably at how much he owns this man for eternity

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hastings posted:

Two things: 1)What the gently caress is with Kim's lips? and 2)I cannot stress how severe my ocular injuries will be if Jr meant "savage" like the kids mean. Honestly, did he intend to use "savage" with a Native American tweet knowing that connection or is he really that oblivious with his racism?

This would imply Jr wasn't the dumb one. Yeah I think he's a racist turd just like daddy, but I also think this was more internet culture than "Ha, extra racism tweet" where he nails the racism line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

SocketWrench posted:

Slavery is slavery, whether there is an end date or not

The part that should actually be highlighted is that the indentured servants were usually quite poor, and of different ethnicity (think Irish/etc). The other part is that the reason they preferred indentures is because the fatality rate was so high that life expectancy was far less than the term of indenture. As conditions and such improved leading to longer life expectancy, they started transitioning to slaves brought from Africa.

Like, they were still enslaved for life, they were just also tricked into thinking they'd only work X years and be freed and all that jazz when the rich fucks knew they'd die well before then.