Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

So is JTR someone that will be a leader, or should i put zetas on her unique abilities? I feel like for a Jedi she's probably better off with Bastila as a leader.

Her lead is the only important zeta. The other two are pretty mediocre overall.

You use her as a leader. Always with BB8, usually with R2, and the other two slots vary depending on where you’re using her. (RT and Scavenger Rey for raid, some mix of chopper/GK/c3p0/Old Ben/IG88/CLS/holdo for Arena/GA/TW are the most common.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
JTRs zetas besides her leader are really only important if you are going to run her in squad arena. Definitely get her lead zeta though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hockles posted:

she is not tagged as a Jedi, even though it's literally in her name

Oh weird, I could have sworn she had the jedi keyword.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Her lead is the only important zeta. The other two are pretty mediocre overall.

You use her as a leader. Always with BB8, usually with R2, and the other two slots vary depending on where you’re using her. (RT and Scavenger Rey for raid, some mix of chopper/GK/c3p0/Old Ben/IG88/CLS/holdo for Arena/GA/TW are the most common.)

Okay great. I can do that with her leader once i get her GL one more level. Which is taking forever because it all needs stupid amounts of crap.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
GD Revan event. I'm probably a month away from having my team ready.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I'm lucky and should have the last toon 7-starred by the end of the vent this weekend. I think I might give up on meta toons for a while and farms some fun boys that I actually want to have so I don't get burned out on the grind. That just makes me feel bad because I want to contribute more to guild stuff.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm lucky and should have the last toon 7-starred by the end of the vent this weekend. I think I might give up on meta toons for a while and farms some fun boys that I actually want to have so I don't get burned out on the grind. That just makes me feel bad because I want to contribute more to guild stuff.

Most poo poo is useful somewhere. What interests you?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Tusken for that 3v3 Grand Arena.

Edit: more seriously I just want to catch up on toons and teams I missed in the past, like Nightsisters and Clones (banking on that rework...). Maybe a backlog of poo poo character that we need for TB.

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 31, 2019

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

Most poo poo is useful somewhere. What interests you?

uhh lets see, ughnaught, bodhi, gen grievous

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Tusken for that 3v3 Grand Arena.

Edit: more seriously I just want to catch up on toons and teams I missed in the past, like Nightsisters and Clones (banking on that rework...). Maybe a backlog of poo poo character that we need for TB.

Nightsisters, FO, Bounty Hunters, Rogue 1, Phoenix, Imperial Troopers...

all of these are fun to drive and strong in various game modes.

Clones kind of suck, but if they keep bringing back this clone buff in TW, I could see doing it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I am currently working on NS and pretty turnt about it. There are 2 cool teams to be assembled in 3v3 with them.

Im not going to tell you which two though <:grin:>

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

NS is what I'm really behind on. Add to that the generic two Sith and Ranged Trooper and I don't know if I'll ever catch up.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

the road ahead

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

tldr: EVERYONE GRIND DROIDS!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
about time they got droidekas in

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

B1 will likely rez a lot like Zombie. Droideka will be a tank that regens shield. I wonder what the other reworks will do? Glad I 7d Grieves.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I reckon I'll have GG to g12 by next week. I maxed that bastard years ago, it feels like.

Edit: so what is Droid team? GG/B2/zT3 and who else?

mdemone fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 1, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Much like previous faction reworks, the new characters are almost certainly part of the new meta.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't touched any Old Republic character other than Bastilia, but I'm going to see if I can at least get Mission and Zalbaar up to where they can at least beat the first node. Now that i have JTR, all of the character events are complete except for Revan. Oh wait 3P0 and ANH Chewie are there now aren't they? Guess I should work on Ewoks too.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Still no news about the missing Revan shards. It is weekend soon so its going to be several more days before any more news. (I assume they do not work during weekend)
At this rate i won't get my missing shards before the event ends. I have held off doing the last 2 tiers because i don't want to potentially bug out the reimbursement process, but i will have to do the remaining tiers before the event ends.
In true EA fashion i recon that will flag my account as having received shards, which means i won't get them restored when they do the restore. Which means another round of tickets. Sigh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Still no news about the missing Revan shards. It is weekend soon so its going to be several more days before any more news. (I assume they do not work during weekend)
At this rate i won't get my missing shards before the event ends. I have held off doing the last 2 tiers because i don't want to potentially bug out the reimbursement process, but i will have to do the remaining tiers before the event ends.
In true EA fashion i recon that will flag my account as having received shards, which means i won't get them restored when they do the restore. Which means another round of tickets. Sigh.

finish the event, they'll give you your shards

you gain nothing by holding off. They aren't gonna bring the event back just for you once they give you the shards you're missing.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 1, 2019

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

mdemone posted:

I reckon I'll have GG to g12 by next week. I maxed that bastard years ago, it feels like.

Edit: so what is Droid team? GG/B2/zT3 and who else?

R2 is probably always good on a Droid team. And I'll be real mad if droideka isn't a good choice

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194349/what-happened-to-my-revan-shards

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Is there a link to Grand Arena GP brackets? Google fails me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Georgia Peach posted:

afaik this is still accurate

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Georgia Peach posted:

E: the squad counts will vary by GA format, but those brackets are accurate for now; they’ve mentioned doing future matchmaking changes very soon though, which might affect brackets.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jesus Christ, my arena shard is overrun with Revans now. loving hell.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

thrawn527 posted:

Jesus Christ, my arena shard is overrun with Revans now. loving hell.

even before this revan event my arena shard had ~43 of the top 50 teams as triple zeta g12 revans. After this revan event I know see all g12 triple zeta revan teams back into the 300s

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I see Revans in the top 500 of my shard :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my babby shard (of which i got put into the tail end of which loving sucks btw) only has 20 revan kicking around the top 50

i dont think i beat many or any of the mirrors right now but wait till i hit level 84 you rear end holes!!!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

God forbid they do a balance pass on Revan or attempt to make this game fair in any way

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm thinking that once i'm done the current people i'm leveling, like get them to the next star, I should start working on people needed for Revan. I know i need Mission, Zalbaar, and T3, but do I need to level Candorous, Junhi and Jolee?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bastila/Jolee/Mission/Z/T-3 are the units you need at 7* to do the Revan event. theres a part with Zalbaar and Mission by themselves but you otherwise dont need to level T3. you'll want to level and gear Jolee and Bastila as they both go in the Revan team.

i just did the event at level 81 and T3 at level 1 so you definitely dont need to level him at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The mission i was on needed t3 to be 4*, so that's the only thing that you're required to do with him I guess?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've been grinding away Jango, is this worthwhile for a top tier BH team?

I normally run a 7* Bossk (lead), Boba Fett, Dengar, Greedo, Zam team.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

The mission i was on needed t3 to be 4*, so that's the only thing that you're required to do with him I guess?

for the final stage to actually unlock revan all of them need to be present and 7*. You can just get away with mostly lovely gear because the event revan you get does a lot of the work for you. All of them have their uses though, so it isnt a waste to gear them up, unlike the vet han/chewie for JTR who arent useful anywhere.

Popete posted:

I've been grinding away Jango, is this worthwhile for a top tier BH team?

I normally run a 7* Bossk (lead), Boba Fett, Dengar, Greedo, Zam team.

Jango is probably the best pvp BH lead, and can take down bastila and traya teams (not sure about revan). HT is on the same node and is amazing in fleet and probably always will be, so definitely worth it to keep farming that node.

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 11, 2019

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

He means level, not star-up.

All 5 need to be 7*

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

And Battle Droids are already in platoons. This loving game.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

And Battle Droids are already in platoons. This loving game.

It's a perpetual feature. Whichever toon your guild doesn't have* is going ti be required in TB days 4-6.

* does not apply to TI, WW, and maybe like 4 other guilds

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How good does my Ewok team need to be to get 7* C3PO? Do I absolutely need Logray and Wicket or can I scrape by with Chirpa/Teebo/EE/Scout/Paploo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

How good does my Ewok team need to be to get 7* C3PO? Do I absolutely need Logray and Wicket or can I scrape by with Chirpa/Teebo/EE/Scout/Paploo?

Logray and Wicket will both make it substantially easier. People have done it with neither, but each one you remove is that much more investment in gear and/or zetas and/or time spent getting mad at your phone that you’ll need to make if you want to win.