Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I really wasn't planning on buying anything in the immediate future but the Target sale got me. Dark Souls, Tales of Vesperia, and a pre-order of FF12 will eventually be mine to add to the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SelenicMartian posted:

Romhack Maker?

romhack maker but you can only edit the text

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Welcome! This is     sa   Land. In this strange land we find that Princess     stool is         agai ! Looks like Bowser isfat    again!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

there is no lull if you have a big enough backlog that you could probably go the rest of the year without buying new games and still have something fresh to play
i’m in this post and i’m not sure if i like it

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Anyone have experience with the Hori D-pad Left Joycons?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yep. They work.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Schneider Heim posted:

Anyone have experience with the Hori D-pad Left Joycons?

I've heard of them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t like how different the shoulder buttons feel compared to the standard cons, the minus button feels weird too. It’s a good Dpad though, wish it had rumble.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I thought the gamecube adapter would work pretty well for multiplayer stuff, but the more I dig in the more it seems like a crapshoot. Both Nine Parchments and Neurovoider map really important stuff to ZL with no option for remapping controls. Ah, but good thing I have two jump buttons and two buttons for changing spells. At least I didn't enjoy either of those games very much.

Any recommendations for co-op stuff that would work fine with a regular gamecube controller? As for my taste, I thought Star Allies was a bit boring but Tropical Freeze and NSMB were both excellent. Ports are fine because I haven't played a ton of stuff. Towerfall is an all-time great, for example. I'm also looking for a bit more meat than something like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime or Overcooked. Maybe gonna try Kingdom Two Crowns? Little Triangle? Idk

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I beat Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, and...what was the crazy thing that broke the 4th wall toward the end of the game?

NMH3 announcement?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL I hope this is true

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/1094820408329752578

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I loving love EarthBound and I found everything about Mother 3 really underwhelming.

Also I think there is no way you could localize the Magypsies in a way that isn't offensive

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How the gently caress is something that everyone knew 12 years ago news? This isn't new info it's just a rehash of some pretty believable conjecture that happened back when the GBA micro was released.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Heath posted:

I loving love EarthBound and I found everything about Mother 3 really underwhelming.

Also I think there is no way you could localize the Magypsies in a way that isn't offensive

Yeah if this is true, I'm pretty sure the Magypsies are what tanked the chances. That seems like it would be a huge headache for the localization department to deal with.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

How the gently caress is something that everyone knew 12 years ago news? This isn't new info it's just a rehash of some pretty believable conjecture that happened back when the GBA micro was released.

I think you’re being really generous if you consider content from a game that has never been released in North America to be “something everyone knew 12 years ago”. The gaming corners of the internet are not the real world.

And hell, I’ve known about Mother 3 for a good decade now but have no idea what is potentially controversial about it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I feel like at this point anyone that wanted to play Mother 3 badly enough would have already used that fan patch for the ROM years ago.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I feel like at this point anyone that wanted to play Mother 3 badly enough would have already used that fan patch for the ROM years ago.

Yes, but I'd also happily pay for an official release.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Just like how everyone was 100% sure that it was music issues that prevented Earthbound's re-release, or that Nintendo was holding it off just to spite fans? After years of conspiracy theories it turns out that Iwata simply didn't think it would sell and was completely unaware of all of the nonsense that the fanbase had been spouting. Once someone was able to reach out to him directly telling him that there's a big fanbase it was released on VC pretty quickly. At the time they probably didn't think that EB had a big enough fanbase to bother localizing the 3rd title, and the ship has long since sailed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mahoning posted:

I think you’re being really generous if you consider content from a game that has never been released in North America to be “something everyone knew 12 years ago”. The gaming corners of the internet are not the real world.
anyone who knew anything about Mother 3 have been saying "it's probably never coming to the west because of a number of problematic things that would never fly" since the game first came out

that's why this isn't news

Orange Crush Rush posted:

honestly this is why I don't get why people want so badly to have it officially released, the fan translation is basically perfect

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mahoning posted:

And hell, I’ve known about Mother 3 for a good decade now but have no idea what is potentially controversial about it.

the main thing is that a good portion of the game is about seeking power and aid from several wise sages across the world

except they’re all hairy transsexuals and the first one “awakens” the main character’s power by holding his head under a hot spring complete with innuendo laden dialogue

said main character is a ten year old boy, recall

the sages themselves are actually portrayed pretty well outside that one scene but yeah, it’s a hurdle

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Your Computer posted:

honestly this is why I don't get why people want so badly to have it officially released, the fan translation is basically perfect

Basically this yeah

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's laced with that Japanese approach to homosexuality and LGBT people that isn't strictly malicious but the character is effectively a walking joke and the punchline is that they're impossibly queer. And they're basically a mishmash of masculine/feminine signifiers like being built like a construction worker with a five o'clock shadow and sunglasses but also wearing a tutu. Stuff like that has made it over here before, but the Magypsies are pretty cringy even if they're benevolent in the context of the story.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://wikibound.info/wiki/Reggie

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

anyone who knew anything about Mother 3 have been saying "it's probably never coming to the west because of a number of problematic things that would never fly" since the game first came out

that's why this isn't news

I think a lot of people just want to deal with it officially. If it’s even released officially, I’d still probably stick with the fan translation since it really is pretty much perfect. I’d still buy it though just to show support for the series.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm trying to play Odallus: The Dark Call and for some reason the jump button is mapped to A but the attack button is on Y. If it were X and A it would be fine, but there's no way to change this that I can find.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
:negative:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fire Emblem.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
give me:

Wave Race Switch

F-Zero Switch

Diddy Kong Racing Switch

imo

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
An F-Zero on the switch would genuinely make my heart sing. We’ve not had one since the GameCube and it was such a staple for a few generations (SNES, N64 & GC).

Diddy Kong Racing would rock. I’m not sure how the licence for that works with Rare now making terrible pirate games for Microsoft. Diddy is obviously Nintendo through-and-through, but they had characters like Banjo and Conker who then went on to be Rare-heroes. It’s an interesting grey-area, who owns the cool elephant genie who gives you balloons for instance? Is that Nintendo or Rare?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Nintendo rumour scene is infinitely worse than the Sony or Microsoft gang. I don't know what it is that attracts all these broke brains to post about "direct confirmed for Feb 29" but it's sad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone Direct confirm a Link Between Worlds HD for switch because I really want to play that game again and I don't have a 3DS anymore.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Old Grasshopper posted:

An F-Zero on the switch would genuinely make my heart sing. We’ve not had one since the GameCube and it was such a staple for a few generations (SNES, N64 & GC).

Diddy Kong Racing would rock. I’m not sure how the licence for that works with Rare now making terrible pirate games for Microsoft. Diddy is obviously Nintendo through-and-through, but they had characters like Banjo and Conker who then went on to be Rare-heroes. It’s an interesting grey-area, who owns the cool elephant genie who gives you balloons for instance? Is that Nintendo or Rare?

The DKR question was answered with the DS version; No Banjo or Conker.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The DKR question was answered with the DS version; No Banjo or Conker.

Oh cool! I never played the DS version (didn’t even realise it was there).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Someone Direct confirm a Link Between Worlds HD for switch because I really want to play that game again and I don't have a 3DS anymore.

I want a new top down zelda instead

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

I want a new top down zelda instead

That would also be perfectly acceptable.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
No, it's a 2d zelda but from the side

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No its a 2d zeld but from behind.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

2D Zelda but from the bottom

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Andrast posted:

2D Zelda but from the bottom

Triforce of Power Bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just bought Diablo3 as it was on sale.

drat does that game play well on the switch! I was quite skeptic, but it's awesome.