Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Me, angry and upset: "I'm never playing Crawl again"
Not even 5 hours later: "But playing in the tournament is fun..."

I feel like a loving drug addict. I need to stop thinking about this stupid game.

EDIT: I'll play the old version! That's acceptable! I'm not desperate :negative:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Me, angry and upset: "I'm never playing Crawl again"
Not even 5 hours later: "But playing in the tournament is fun..."

I feel like a loving drug addict. I need to stop thinking about this stupid game.

Someone already did a dramatic reading of this post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wj64WdSkI&t=150s

(Please don't judge me by my recommended videos)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ah, the classic frog Pepe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Though they do make me feel 10 billions time better about myself when I just stop playing the game I was playing, and go do something else, rather than trash all my expensive poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm vaguely tempted to get kingdom Hearts 3, is there a cure for whatever brain disease I clearly have

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Excuse me, kingdom Hearts 2.9

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You should

Barudak
May 7, 2007

precision posted:

I'm vaguely tempted to get kingdom Hearts 3, is there a cure for whatever brain disease I clearly have

It Kingdom Hearts 3 appears fun to you then yes, its too late go buy it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really need to take a break from Warframe for like a week because drat is it draining me, but poo poo, is it rad as fuckin' hell

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

precision posted:

Yeah watch a summary of the plot.

If after that you still want to play it then I'm sorry, its terminal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm getting all the kingdom hearts 3 I want just from watching a friend play it. A few worlds in and so far it seems pretty dull. Everything moves really slowly and the Disney characters just drone about boring stuff. Woody giving a speech about the power of friendship to the dumb OC villain was fun but that's it.

I was promised anime melodrama with disney characters and the game isn't delivering!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah watch a summary of the plot.

If after that you still want to play it then I'm sorry, its terminal.

Get this: watching funny youtube summaries of the plot is why I'm tempted to get it :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Characters droning on about absolutely nothing peppered with proper nouns is the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts narrative experience. Everyone is written like interpersonal dialog hasnt been invented and everything must be delivered in an expository educational style

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm glad I totally missed Kingdom Hearts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

enjoying the story of kingdom hearts is kind of a toxoplasmoidosis thing, like cats give to humans

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm not joking when I say it looks like a Sonic Adventure game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I'm not joking when I say it looks like a Sonic Adventure game.

Sonic Adventure somehow has a better cutscen:gameplay ratio

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

precision posted:

Get this: watching funny youtube summaries of the plot is why I'm tempted to get it :v:

Its not really funny having to experience it all though. Its absurd in summary format but playing through it is dreadfully boring unless you like that kind of stuff. Those summaries condense stuff and cut out tons of meaningless stuff in an attempt to form some cohesion out of its mess of a story.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife is a huge Disney fan and I almost tried to get her into Kingdom Hearts and then I realized all of this insane final fantasy digital data crap basically steals the spotlight and decided it wasn't worth it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I don't know how I made it past the first hour of Zwei, the puns were killing me. This is the most Working Designs rear end localization since the 90s.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

gonna play kings field 4
It's slow and has brutal weapon hitboxes at the beginning but iirc correctly you played Eternal Ring so you'll be fine.

Cowcaster posted:

just hit the second region in nioh, is there a point at which the way of the west set finally gets replaced? i just keep getting higher and higher leveled versions of the pieces off of ghosts, of which every single one of them seems to be using the way of the west set. i like the lightning odachi and all but i'd like to mix it up a bit.
I believe part of it is because it has an enhanced electric effect so you can use it with the Raikiri (one of the earliest elemental weapons, and his weapon has water so you can get into that whole stacking mess).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Taintrunner posted:

I really need to take a break from Warframe for like a week because drat is it draining me, but poo poo, is it rad as fuckin' hell

Don't forget your daily login bonus! :)

Oh and while you're here check for any Nitain or Nightmare alerts. And I guess you do have daily standing limits, better max that...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Oh and while you're here check for any Nitain or Nightmare alerts. And I guess you do have daily standing limits, better max that...

I just wanna make a sweet K-Drive board :(

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

poo poo like this is probably my most hated thing about mobile style f2p games. They're designed to make you feel like you're missing out if you're not checking in every 2 or 3 hours.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Taintrunner posted:

My wife is a huge Disney fan and I almost tried to get her into Kingdom Hearts and then I realized all of this insane final fantasy digital data crap basically steals the spotlight and decided it wasn't worth it
Ironically the FF part has shrunk to nothing and the whole digital data stuff was enabled by including Tron in KH2.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I have to say watching clips of Goofy’s oh gawrsh musings on what is essentially Cartesian mind-body dualism is one of the most unexpected things I’ve seen in 2019.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

when is the hitman 2 dlc supposed to come out, I want more mapz

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Resident Evil 2 Remake is my current GOTY. Going to take something quite amazing to top it!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Resident Evil 2 Remake is my current GOTY. Going to take something quite amazing to top it!

well buddy make some room on your shelf

https://store.steampowered.com/app/995850/MEMES/

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly they have actually done it! The ultimate game that transcends life itself!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's rough being goty in january because everyone forgets you exist by like july

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RE2 will not even be the best Capcom game of 2019!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I cannot play enough Apex to sate my hunger. I've been carried to two victories and while I didn't get a kill in either game I was a team player who pinged items and enemies and came in with a clutch revive. I've got a long weekend coming up so I'm hoping to just deep dive into this and maybe get enough free currency to unlock Caustic the toxic white male.

Resident Evil 2 remains at the top of my "to buy" list, and hopefully I'll have some extra scratch soon so I can pick it. It's taken a lot of restraint to not just smash that buy button but it's not like the game is getting less good as I wait.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game that I was interested in at some point in my life. I loved KH1 and did everything there was to do. I played Chain of Memories and started KH2 and after that I realized that the game was no longer for me. Looking at KH3 videos all I see is style and flash (and Disney and bizarre plot points), and there's nothing to draw me in unless I was invested in Sora's story or was dying to play through Frozen or Toy Story. Which I'm not, so I think I'll just live my best life and let KH3 languish until it goes on a deep sale and there's nothing else I'm interested in playing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my dota enthusiast friend who was super into pubg during its meteoric rise really, really wants me to try apex and i really, really don't want to but also i don't want to hurt his feelings because it feels like kicking a puppy

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Why don't you want to try it? Not saying that you should capitulate, but what's holding you back?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

multiplayer games make me want to be dead

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Help Im Alive posted:

It's rough being goty in january because everyone forgets you exist by like july

Capcom going for back to back January GOTYs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

multiplayer games make me want to be dead

actually just typing this out is a major revelation to myself even the ostensibly multiplayer stuff i've played over the past few years i've exclusively treated as single player games i feel as though a great weight has been lifted from my chest

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Kingdom Hearts 3 is real rough. In the KH games that I played and liked (Birth by Sleep and KH2) combat was kind of love it or hate it. I think it actually did have quite a bit of depth and was really fun and occasionally challenging.

The combat in KH3 is snore-inducingly easy and they totally hosed the balance with the attraction moves. They're so OP that you have to force yourself to ignore them if you want anything resembling a challenge, and even then the fights are mostly cake-walks.

So you're left with the story and....it's worse than it's ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

that’s why im keeping a list of games i play this year