Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
people are playing cornaiv right? or what is the current TLP hotness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Not sure if true, but: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/change-keying-for-3-month-servers.251901/page-16#post-3734116

quote:

I have great news @everyone.

I spoke to Prathun in a direct message in the same vein as this thread and this was his reply:
Good evening, The team is planning on making changes to Underfoot progression so that it is more feasible to complete the expansion on Progression Servers before the next expansion unlocks. I can't comment on the details or the timeline, but it will be coming soon(tm). Thank you for the feedback.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Tabletops posted:

people are playing cornaiv right? or what is the current TLP hotness?
I played on Coirnav from launch-ish to about 3 weeks ago. The toll of enchanter raiding being boring as gently caress finally got to me, plus my friends quit playing.

Can confirm VT still boring.

Drakkus
May 14, 2002

yum~
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-anniversary-producers-letter-january-2019

Excerpt:

quote:

Our anniversary events in game in March include a brand new land, raids, and rares with a story about preserving our past, and it’s free.

We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16.

Not too surprising, though that there will be two is a bit unexpected.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Drakkus posted:

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-anniversary-producers-letter-january-2019

Excerpt:

Not too surprising, though that there will be two is a bit unexpected.

Both will be dead within months lol

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Remember this from last May? https://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/rumor-daybreak-may-be-building-planetside-3-and-everquest-3-sunsetting-just-survive/

quote:

Everquest will have one last expansion. The 20th anniversary will introduce a series of nostalgic raids that tie into complex quests. These quests can be done in order to grant alternate characters powerful scaling weapons.

For those who don't play on live, the new expansion, Burning Lands, is kinda a throwback to Pop (PoFire/PoAir themed, PoJ Trials Trials of Smoke and progression needed to unlock most zones). Nostalgia trip, basically. Also the difficulty is highly overturned as if to provide maximum roadblock. If the anniv stuff matches up, we could be close to the end.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 23, 2019

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The hardcore one is probably going to be a shorter lifespan racing unlock server.

The other will probably be a phinny style with FV loot and Agnarr xp. That way they get the maximum amount of money from everyone. The professional krono farmer accounts can migrate from Coirnav to the FV style server and keep their operations running.

I've had my fun with pre pop EQ and will stay on coirnav until my guild dies. Might try phinny or live if I still am having fun with the game when my guild dies

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Krycek posted:

Remember this from last May? https://massivelyop.com/2018/05/01/rumor-daybreak-may-be-building-planetside-3-and-everquest-3-sunsetting-just-survive/

For those who don't play on live, the new expansion, Burning Lands, is kinda a throwback to Pop (PoFire/PoAir themed, PoJ Trials Trials of Smoke and progression needed to unlock most zones). Nostalgia trip, basically. Also the difficulty is highly overturned as if to provide maximum roadblock. If the anniv stuff matches up, we could be close to the end.

Yeah, I was thinking about that post myself. A lot of what he had said is coming true.

I'd be sad if TBL is indeed EQ's last expansion. I'm a Phinny player, but still.

AC is shut down. UO hasn't had a new expansion in 4 years it looks like. DAOC hasn't had an expansion in 12 years, but seems like they get events and updates that add content maybe?

It'd still make me sad, but I guess it doesn't mean the servers would be turned off right after. Although people that bought Lifetime subs might feel kind of burned (even though it includes DCUO, PS2, and EQ2, but not like those games are hot fire either).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I hope EQ is still running in 30 years so when I retire I can devote my life to it again like I did when I was 13.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about that post myself. A lot of what he had said is coming true.

I'd be sad if TBL is indeed EQ's last expansion. I'm a Phinny player, but still.

AC is shut down. UO hasn't had a new expansion in 4 years it looks like. DAOC hasn't had an expansion in 12 years, but seems like they get events and updates that add content maybe?

It'd still make me sad, but I guess it doesn't mean the servers would be turned off right after. Although people that bought Lifetime subs might feel kind of burned (even though it includes DCUO, PS2, and EQ2, but not like those games are hot fire either).

I play on luclin. Based on what I've seen, if dbg announced that there would be no new expansions, or simply failed to mention plans for an expac by next oct/Nov, I feel live servers would turn into ghost towns overnight.

And the screaming about lifetime subs would be deafening.

I would be sad too, because tbl is more frustration than fun at this point. When eq stops making expacs, I'd want a fun expac like eok again. Tbl zone access is completely locked behind missions, trials and progression, but is designed to be anti-boxer. Good luck getting your alts access once no one wants to do them anymore.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 24, 2019

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

RCarr posted:

I hope EQ is still running in 30 years so when I retire I can devote my life to it again like I did when I was 13.

Yeah this is sort of my mentality. I played this game in high school and have this weird nostalgia about it. I'd love to have the time to just play it again and get all into it. Even if only for a few months.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Krycek posted:

" EverQuest 3 has been in development for a year as it was “being rebuilt from the ground up” to also focus on battle royale-style PvP."

amazing this timeline keeps on giving

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If this new TLP starts in PoP or OOW unlocked, I might actually resub. Hopefully Agnarr exp rates.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Tai posted:

If this new TLP starts in PoP or OOW unlocked, I might actually resub. Hopefully Agnarr exp rates.

Looks like a lot of us are getting back together for the new server if the ruleset doesn't blow chunks.
There is a discord, holler.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Krazuel posted:

Looks like a lot of us are getting back together for the new server if the ruleset doesn't blow chunks.
There is a discord, holler.

The hardcore one that mabbu runs, or the other one?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Not the EQ 20th discord if that's what you mean

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 6, 2019

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Didn't even know there was a goon EQ discord lol

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I can't imagine that DBG would be stupid enough to start yet another TLP in classic. A PoP start would be super good but I feel that era even kind of has overstayed its welcome.

Then again, Krono.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I have no idea what to expect. Even though it's been done to death, that Vanilla to PoP era still shows the most popularity.

Agnarr is forever stuck at PoP now, so starting a server there seems weird. Coirnav will be at PoP when these come out (or LDON or some poo poo).

I think a GoD or maybe even OoW start would be interesting. Let people get to work on 2.0s from the get-go, have Beastlords and Beserkers unlocked. Still, that'll put the new servers pretty close to Coirnav as far as progression goes.

They'll probably just start at classic :P

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Classic as a wizard was funny. Do obscene damage, hardly travel anywhere and make massive bank porting people.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thinking about it, I'd actually play classic if some QoL stuff was unlocked from the get go.

Click from bags, lobby/PoK/Bazaar/Hole unlocked from the get go. Even rest would be nice too. Classic isn't that bad it's just it lacks all the jazz you get later. Also 4-6 weeks of classic is enough. I'd be a fan of classic to PoP being 6 weeks each before the next expansion unlocks. Also gently caress the exp rates of phinny/coirnav.

Imagine this server. 6 weeks per expansion and no raid lock out timers heh

e - Shaman/Druid res is unlocked too.

Tai fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 6, 2019

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Tai posted:

Didn't even know there was a goon EQ discord lol

I pm'd you the thing, but yeah not goon

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Krazuel posted:

I pm'd you the thing, but yeah not goon

And I PMed you back!

mebert-23o86
May 18, 2004
Felt the siren's call and came back to EQ once more. Was playing on Phinny a year ago so figured would keep going but this time a cleric! Got to 60 recently playing with a friend and many good times. Anyone else still on Phinny? I joined the serverwide channel but haven't seen anyone in it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I wouldn’t go too hard on phinny till the new TLP servers come out. There’s a decent chance that phinny will lose a chunk of people.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I expect Coirnav will get gutted by the new TLPs assuming they have a rule-set thats a bit different.

If its just another cookie-cutter with tweaked exp then I won't bother.

What I want is FV loot rules, good exp, faster expansion unlocks, lower threshhold for picks to spawn, reduced lock timers for AoC raids. The lot !

Really don't care about truebox - it doesn't put any limit on the farmers.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The FV ruleset would be cool if krono didn't exist

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-20th-anniversary-2019

quote:

The Selo Server will be a "fast" or "casual" Progression Server. This means that gaining experience will be much easier, with experience nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw when the server launches. Additionally, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned more quickly.

This server will start during the Shadows of Luclin era, and will unlock new expansions on the first Wednesday of each month, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019. Once the server catches up to the present era, it will become a Live server.

For more detailed information on Selo, you can read the server FAQ here.

quote:

The Mangler Progression Server will be a more hardcore server that is tuned to feel similar to the original EverQuest launch - perfect for those who are looking for a challenge. Experience rates will be slightly lower than those on other Progression Servers, and players will lose more experience on death.

Unlocks will initially happen every 12 weeks, but after Gates of Discord unlocks, expansions that do not include a level cap increase will remain current for just 8 weeks before the next unlock. If an expansion does include a level cap increase, it will last for a full 12 weeks before the next expansion is released.

For more details on Mangler, you can check out the server FAQ here.

Selo sounds like something I'd actually play, Mangler is like 100% gonna be the new prison colony shithole. Or a ghost town, which is a shithole in its own way.

EDIT: Launching March 16th

Stanos fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 12, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat it, I'm gonna have to come back for Selo. That sounds like extremely my poo poo. Perfect for playing for a few months before burning out again.

Edit: Missed that expansions unlock after only 1 month. That's too short for casual play. :(

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 12, 2019

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Those unlock times feel off.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ehh selo server a bit short on lock outs if you ask me. Would of rather had 6-8 weeks. I'd actually call the selo server the hardcore server since you'll need to grind like poo poo to keep up with progression.

No FV loot rules are going to bring pubbie tears.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Tai posted:

Ehh selo server a bit short on lock outs if you ask me. Would of rather had 6-8 weeks. I'd actually call the selo server the hardcore server since you'll need to grind like poo poo to keep up with progression.

Yeah this was my thought as well. A month to go from 0-60 then have pop launch is not a casual start, faster exp or not.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
More like 6 weeks since the server's supposed to open March 16th but depending on xp/drop rates it might be alright? Plus there's a lot more XP options rather than smashing your balls into green con frogs from 45-50 or fighting over lizards.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I think they bricked it tbh. Selo isn't bad it's just a bit underwhelming. Mangler is just out right poo poo.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I think someone on the forums nailed Mangler with

Only registered members can see post attachments!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Tai posted:

I think they bricked it tbh. Selo isn't bad it's just a bit underwhelming. Mangler is just out right poo poo.

See I'd be more interested in a Selos, but 12 weeks for expansion unlock instead of four would be perfect, especially starting in Luclin so you have a lot of space to spread out and farm through the levels. That would give me enough time to log in 2-4 times a week, play for a handful of hours tops each day, and still not feel like i'm always behind schedule. They're missing the mark on what makes casual play possible, half right with the increased Exp / rare drop rate, but the time investment requirements won't really feel that different with how little time you'll have between the next grind being unlocked.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I don't even think the server first racers could even keep up with selo tbh. Sure half of the guild could but the rest would slip behind in AA/gear. Having to farm VT for example every 2-3 days in an instance is just out right dull.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Tai posted:

Mangler is just out right poo poo.
I think they're trying to juxtapose the setting against Selos but there's literally no incentive to play Mangler. Play slooooow EQ to show how hardcore you are? Nope, Selos will be the hardcore server since raiders will be bouncing on raid cooldowns non-stop to get the gear for the next rapidly incoming expansion.

I hope they reconsider both because this killed my enthusiasm.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

mebert-23o86 posted:

Felt the siren's call and came back to EQ once more. Was playing on Phinny a year ago so figured would keep going but this time a cleric! Got to 60 recently playing with a friend and many good times. Anyone else still on Phinny? I joined the serverwide channel but haven't seen anyone in it.

So you may want to stick it out with Phinny as is!

If you (and friend) are looking for guildchat / some small bit of goonchat, I can add you to EoE as a Friends and Family member. Can't raid but you'd get guild hall, guild chat, etc. Not many people leveling right now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah now that I think about it and having talked to some of the TLP nerds having Selo's at like 2-3 months would be better. Sure you might have more people getting bored but it seems like there's just waves of dread of having only a month to spam instances, even if they're sped up.

Mangler though lol, that poo poo is dead in the water. I don't know anyone who's excited about it.