Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

If you soap box drama and sports, maybe try some anime.

Sports anime loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

madden 2021: you play as the kicker in story mode and all you ever do is punt, field goal, and extra points
the plot is about the alliance of american football making kickers obsolete

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Sports anime loving owns

I have only watched one or two, but this is correct from what I have seen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay here's my pitch

You control one specific player. Manipulate the narrative to avoid too many branches. First, not every season game necessarily matters. Second, you have the player not be active in some plays. Third, you have a bunch of side quest type games where you play in the park or you just do practice with your friends. Whatever

Depending on who you hang out with and how you treat them and help (or don't) with their problems, affects how they do in games. Do you spend your free time blazing with the stoners or do you help your QB stand up to his alcoholic dad etc

If you wanted to get real nuts make it so that the story isn't directly related to how well you do in the games, like Pyre sorta. Have the alcoholic dad and the girlfriends and boyfriends be the main draw with the games serving as a kind of backdrop that affects the mood (winning or losing) but not the events

EA hire me god drat it :mad:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

big Pro Race Driver on the PS2 fan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just release Life is Strange again except Max and Chloe decide to use Max's time rewindy superpowers to become ultimate athletes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
just make persona but instead of high school you're an NFL safety

there's an s-link where you convince your linebacker to retire because of repeated head injuries

the head coach is always loving furious with you because you always show up to practice exhausted from fighting poo poo during the dark hour

t*m br*dy is a villain persona user

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Barudak posted:

The punter and kicker are different people, so youd do even less

For the authentic experience every time you miss a field goal it sends you thousands of random hate messages

IT IS HIS ONE JOB, COME ON

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

Just release Life is Strange again except Max and Chloe decide to use Max's time rewindy superpowers to become ultimate athletes

There's an ongoing fanfic now at probably hundreds of thousands of words where Max and Chloe join an underground PMC following the events of Life is Strange.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

does the ai ever try to ice the kicker in madden

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

madden 2021: you play as the kicker in story mode and all you ever do is punt, field goal, and extra points

Unless you pick the Seattle Seahawks kicker. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

where's the BASEketball video game

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I look forward to the return of Backyard Sports games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

There's an ongoing fanfic now at probably hundreds of thousands of words where Max and Chloe join an underground PMC following the events of Life is Strange.

:catstare:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
PMC as in private military contractor or whatever soldiers of fortune are called?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Impossible, Chloe is dead and I made sure of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So they are making a Life is Strange fic with the plot of Beyond: Two Souls, sounds like a winning combo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Sports anime loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_QrBUDGex0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

an actual dog posted:

Sports anime loving owns

i know those inazuma eleven games on the 3ds became loving insane at some point. like in the first one you gotta beat a rival school and in the final one you have to use time travel to recruit genghis khan or whoever into your soccer team so you can save mankind from aliens

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kuroko's Basketball isn't a sports anime, it's a superpower battle series lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thos is exactly like ProZD’s sports anime spoof, which leads me to believe that all sports anime is exactly this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There were a couple years where sports series got really bad about completely leaving the physical realm, especially as they went on and on, but most series these days are more grounded. They still do that, everyone reacts to everything kind of stuff tho lol. Haikyu!! has a vollyball match that's ten episodes long it loving rules.

an actual dog fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 12, 2019

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The first sports anime is the baseball series Star of the Giants and it has an episode that consists entirely of one pitch and one hit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The best sports anime is Gundam Build Fighters. Don't watch the bad sequels except for like one and a half episodes of the first sequel.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What about an anime about the best sport, esports?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

even better, there's a sports manga that's about competitive computer overclocking

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

even better, there's a sports manga that's about competitive computer overclocking

How

Why

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

there's the mahjong manga where a single game took 20 years of releases to finish

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I feel this counts

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

homeless snail posted:

Just based on that description I can already predict everything that happens in it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it went on for about 5 years and has 53 chapters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a rumour going around that there's a League of Legends anime planned that would revolve around a girl getting into playing the game because of this trailer for the current ranked season

an actual dog posted:

I feel this counts

This also works.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

I feel this counts

If it does then

an actual dog posted:

Sports anime loving owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ssbmkalvar/status/981011276586512384?lang=en

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nailed it mexico is just as good as regular nailed it

there's a woman who bakes so badly she shatters a mixer while it's running

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

nailed it mexico is just as good as regular nailed it

there's a woman who bakes so badly she shatters a mixer while it's running

nailed it is FAKE they're intentionally screwing up

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

an actual dog posted:

nailed it is FAKE they're intentionally screwing up
i wouldnt care even if that was true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

precision posted:

Okay here's my pitch

You control one specific player. Manipulate the narrative to avoid too many branches. First, not every season game necessarily matters. Second, you have the player not be active in some plays. Third, you have a bunch of side quest type games where you play in the park or you just do practice with your friends. Whatever

Depending on who you hang out with and how you treat them and help (or don't) with their problems, affects how they do in games. Do you spend your free time blazing with the stoners or do you help your QB stand up to his alcoholic dad etc

If you wanted to get real nuts make it so that the story isn't directly related to how well you do in the games, like Pyre sorta. Have the alcoholic dad and the girlfriends and boyfriends be the main draw with the games serving as a kind of backdrop that affects the mood (winning or losing) but not the events

EA hire me god drat it :mad:

You're hired! Just put in lootboxes, 4 different but all terrible endings, loot, crafting, a subscription service, pump out even more content every 4 weeks, survive any lawsuits for dances, celebrations, or general likeness, and include some Star Wars characters. And then make another one for next year.