Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Watches woman get assaulted on video and jumps right to

Larch posted:

Maybe she was a oval office

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

iwentdoodie posted:

Lol like you'd turn the body camera on

Only after I'd provoked him.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Larch posted:

I still don't quite understand why I'm supposed to be outraged by things like this.

Kareem Hunt is really good at football. If he broke the law there is a legal process. I don't understand this way of thinking where I am the moral arbiter of life.

Let the process play out. Let the guy earn a living.

This whole 'moral high ground' argument is laughable to me. Like it's the end of everything if you hit a woman? Why? Maybe she was a oval office, or maybe you were an rear end in a top hat. Either way it should not be the end of everything.

Silly. That's really my take, it's silly. If the guy raped someone with a pool cue, then throw the book at him. For whatever crimes. Throw the book at him. Otherwise shut the gently caress up and let the legal process play out and save your ridiculous League "investigation" for the made up drama that it was intended for.

Source your quotes

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I'm assuming Reddit

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

Larch posted:

I still don't quite understand why I'm supposed to be outraged by things like this.

Kareem Hunt is really good at football. If he broke the law there is a legal process. I don't understand this way of thinking where I am the moral arbiter of life.

This whole 'moral high ground' argument is laughable to me. Like it's the end of everything if you hit a woman? Why? Maybe she was a oval office, or maybe you were an rear end in a top hat. Either way it should not be the end of everything.

Silly. That's really my take, it's silly. If the guy raped someone with a pool cue, then throw the book at him. For whatever crimes. Throw the book at him. Otherwise shut the gently caress up and let the legal process play out and save your ridiculous League "investigation" for the made up drama that it was intended for.

There's a massive double standard when it comes to athletes and their behavior as compared with other entertainers. Guys like Dr Dre and Chris Brown used to just loving brutalize women but everyone keeps buying up their headphones/songs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People have been making GBS threads on Chris Brown for like a decade now?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Big Data posted:

There's a massive double standard when it comes to athletes and their behavior as compared with other entertainers. Guys like Dr Dre and Chris Brown used to just loving brutalize women but everyone keeps buying up their headphones/songs.

That's a hell of a take

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CharlestheHammer posted:

and he's still a shitlord. Right now he's selling t-shirts with the Eifile tower on them with the words Bitch Be Lyin because a french woman has accused him of rape. This was about 2 weeks ago. Also arrested for assault back in July. Dude is garbage.

Yes I read celebrity gossip because it's dumb as gently caress as a mindless distraction.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he still has a career but so does Hunt and Ben so I fail to see the difference.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Larch posted:

I'm sure Cleveland PD will really be on the ball, now. :shobon:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't see why Brown and Dre getting away with being shitheads means we should give athletes a pass :shrug:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he still has a career but so does Hunt and Ben so I fail to see the difference.

I thought you were implying he hadn't been up to anything since the Rihanna beating. My bad.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

and he's still a shitlord. Right now he's selling t-shirts with the Eifile tower on them with the words Bitch Be Lyin because a french woman has accused him of rape. This was about 2 weeks ago. Also arrested for assault back in July. Dude is garbage.

Yes I read celebrity gossip because it's dumb as gently caress as a mindless distraction.

I also read celeb gossip every now and then. *bro five*

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I hope society gets to the point where we can differentiate between people who try to better themselves and people who don't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I hope society gets to the point where we can differentiate between people who try to better themselves and people who don't.

Yeah and I hope we eventually stop assuming people are bettering themselves because they entertain us but I don’t think either are going away.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What did Dre do

I forgot about Dre

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He put out that awful Compton album instead of Detox.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I heard he's in the neighborhood and he's up to no good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Big Data posted:

Dr. Dre addressed his problematic history in Guilty Conscience. He's better now.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Ahh noted American poet Dr (Andre) Dre, author of American classics such as 'Bitches ain't poo poo', momentarily concerned that his history of violently beating women might slow his progress on the way to becoming a billionaire.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Data posted:

Ahh noted American poet Dr (Andre) Dre, author of American classics such as 'Bitches ain't poo poo', momentarily concerned that his history of violently beating women might slow his progress on the way to becoming a billionaire.

I'm glad your followup is "entertainers need to be held accountable" because I thought you were arguing the opposite for athletes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kiimo posted:

What did Dre do

I forgot about Dre

He attacked a lady tv host back in the '90s. By his own admission he "just threw her through a wall." And of course his music is filled with misogynistic and homophobic poo poo. I love Dre's music but it ages realllllllllly badly.

He's offered "I was young and stupid and an rear end in a top hat" apologies for whatever its worth.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
i’m also pretty sure he’s not even a licensed doctor

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

STAC Goat posted:

He attacked a lady tv host back in the '90s. By his own admission he "just threw her through a wall." And of course his music is filled with misogynistic and homophobic poo poo. I love Dre's music but it ages realllllllllly badly.

He's offered "I was young and stupid and an rear end in a top hat" apologies for whatever its worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRMA-y7pLTk

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Good for Hunt. Guy seems like he's getting help. Blackballing people forever for issues that they need help with is like the most counterproductive thing you can do for their well-being.

Except the guys who pretend (or actually believe) they did nothing wrong, blackball the gently caress outta those guys. Whole lotta people in this thread making GBS threads on Hunt when he's getting help, and not a peep about Adrian Peterson still beating his kids.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECvWJadIKNY

maybe Kareem had no choice due to the effects of his aftershave you know bitches be crazy right

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The Dave posted:

You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?

Yep, time to bump the Chronic 2001 this morning.

Compartmentalization is a hell of a thing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Strobe posted:

Good for Hunt. Guy seems like he's getting help. Blackballing people forever for issues that they need help with is like the most counterproductive thing you can do for their well-being.

Except the guys who pretend (or actually believe) they did nothing wrong, blackball the gently caress outta those guys. Whole lotta people in this thread making GBS threads on Hunt when he's getting help, and not a peep about Adrian Peterson still beating his kids.

Sorry it's difficult to simultaneously talk about to 1,000,000 NFL Shitheads that have beat up another human being

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Find me a Goon who has defended Peterson within the last 4 years.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

From now on whenever a football player does a bad thing any discussion of it, whether on internet forums or in conversation, must be prefaced by a list of every player who has done anything wrong in the 100 year history of professional football.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sharknado slashfic posted:

From now on whenever a football player does a bad thing any discussion of it, whether on internet forums or in conversation, must be prefaced by a list of every player who has done anything wrong in the 100 year history of professional football.

Fire up the list then

https://twitter.com/SportsByBLinder/status/1095339814050684928?s=19

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Oooh ooh I wanna jump in with Dante Stallworth's DUI manslaughter, Sam Hurd's cartel and the always pleasant to talk about Rae Carruth.

Oh and Mark Chumura's statutory rape charge that probably only passes scrutiny because it happened before the internet got huge in the late 00's.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ron Mexico

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Darren Sharper

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs re-added Kentucky DC Matt House to their staff

Between him, the Pats DL coach and Dave Merritt I’m pretty happy with the defensive assistant hires so far

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He gone.

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1095375211749355520

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I have no idea what they are going to get for him...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's really something. I wonder how long he'll get suspended for that reckless driving stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Is a deal close to being done or is he just throwing down the gauntlet?