Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gripweed posted:

but BotW does. Just follow the roads

But the road doest have a sign every 10 feet telling me that I'm a good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Why would they take a really well-received game that more or less fits current trends and then immediately retreat to the style that people had been calling antiquated since at least 2006?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're finally putting Lucina in Mario Kart

Put them all in the drat Mario Kart

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Motto posted:

Why would they take a really well-received game that more or less fits current trends and then immediately retreat to the style that people had been calling antiquated since at least 2006?

Yeah. As much as it bums me out, the next Zelda game should be like BotW.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Zelda should catchup with current trends. Replace every chest with a pay-to-win loot chest and make it a battle royale game - but this time swords?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'd like if the next Zelda had more than just shrines as the reward for practically everything.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If the next Zelda game is like BOTW I'm gonna be bummed as heck. The engine is good and they should definitely use it but more BOTW is not something that I want.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Most of the shrines were cool but the number of combat trial shrines was some real :effort: poo poo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
BotW overworld and shrines to power yourself up, Twilight Princess temples to give you new items. The spinner is still only used in 4 places outside of the dungeon, however.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really just want a new zelda thats like botw with big boy dungeons. Something thats fun to just explore casually but with dungeons compelling enough to make multiple playthroughs more attractive. Ill play any zelda though

Edit: i did like the beasts, but they were really short

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

no matter what the next zelda is i'm excited to play it and excited for this thread to spend years complaining that they made it wrong

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Just give me the Botw open world, eight dungeons scattered on the map ala Zelda 1, and the cryptic challenge of 2, with the score of LttP orchestrated.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Brother Entropy posted:

no matter what the next zelda is i'm excited to play it and excited for this thread to spend years complaining that they made it wrong

And the Zelda cycle will be complete and begin anew, praise be to the timeline.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

imo there's a middle ground between "rereleasing the exact same game with no lessons learned from dev or feedback" and "tossing everything out and making increasingly sloggy OOT clones"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

If the next Zelda game is like BOTW I'm gonna be bummed as heck. The engine is good and they should definitely use it but more BOTW is not something that I want.

I would like them to take BOTW, but make it just a bit more focused. Some real actual dungeons and towns would be nice.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Diabetic posted:

Just give me the Botw open world, eight dungeons scattered on the map ala Zelda 1, and the cryptic challenge of 2, with the score of LttP orchestrated.

Yeah, BOTW with more and deeper dungeons is exactly what I want.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Motto posted:

imo there's a middle ground between "rereleasing the exact same game with no lessons learned from dev or feedback" and "tossing everything out and making increasingly sloggy OOT clones"

I mean, what I'm asking for is more games like LBW, not OoT.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd certainly like for them to not bench top-down zelda with the handheld console line too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I want cool zelda items too. Idc if they're not mandatory for progression or whatever. Just cool things that make exploration feel meaningful.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

As someone that thinks every Zelda game is good, except Phantom Hourglass, I trust them to do whatever with the next game.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Make the dungeons open world too.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Remaster BOTW imo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Diabetic posted:

And make it a buddy comedy with Linkle and Tinkle.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm just glad that they managed to nail non-linearity with BOTW. They hosed it with LBW by making everything way too easy and all the dungeons felt the same. The only good point was that it was so forgettable I could play through it again as if it was a brand new zelda game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the next zelda game should be a remake of link's crossbow training using state of the art joycon motion tech, hd rumble, and a fully functional nintendo labo crossbow kit

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Link to the Past and Link's Awakening in the botw engine would be peak Zelda for me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Switch New needs to launch with Breath of the Wild Deluxe.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Switch New needs to launch with Breath of the Wild Deluxe.

Now in color!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Bokoblin Fort Builder Royale

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
BotW but in the ARMS universe.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Chill Penguin posted:

Bokoblin Fort Builder Royale

I’d play this at least 3 times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Breath of the Royale. Just literally BOTW's exact map, more chests lying around and you drop a hundo Links.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

BotW but with Spiderman PS4's webslinging (with grapplehooks)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega64 posted:

BotW but in the ARMS universe.

I’d play this.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kazy posted:

The grapplehooks are ARMS

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hope botw 2 has a dark world

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

in botw2 let us date the fish man, you cowards

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

njsykora posted:

People have found new Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem trailers set to private on Nintendo's YouTube so it's probably coming Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1094979440868773888

This means nothing. This playlist was last updated in October. If it really was a new private video, it would say updated recently. They probably just made an old video private for whatever reason.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Looper posted:

i hope botw 2 has a dark world

Botw 2 is nothing but dark world. The whole, identical map is like the silent realm in skyward sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kazy posted:

Legend of Zelda: Attack on Gannon