Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

It’s literally just wrestling clickbait. Nobody needs to know 10 Things Alexa Bliss Ate For Breakfast or whatever

Wait, Charm City Gamer works for WhatCulture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Angry Grimace posted:

It’s literally just wrestling clickbait. Nobody needs to know 10 Things Alexa Bliss Ate For Breakfast or whatever

if toast isn't one of them i'm gonna be loving pissed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Ah, the Watchmojo method
watchmojo is literally the dullest thing on the entire internet, 100% of their views must have come from people being tricked into thinking they would actually get to see Top Ten Breaking Bad Moments instead of Top Ten Some Random White Lady Describes Things That Happened In Breaking Bad

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Tony Kahn and Kenny Omega interviews with Dave and Garrett are absolutely must-listen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Tony Kahn and Kenny Omega interviews with Dave and Garrett are absolutely must-listen.

Tony clearly thinks Garrett's question about how they are building feuds is the dumbest thing he's heard all night.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

MassRafTer posted:

Tony clearly thinks Garrett's question about how they are building feuds is the dumbest thing he's heard all night.

Yeah that seemed like a miscommunication. Garrett’s question seemed to be “what’s it like having so many wrestlers together who are basically getting along?” (Meaning in a backstage sense) and Khan seemed to hear “All the wrestlers seem to be getting along!” (In a kayfabe sense, meaning no feuds).

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Tony seems really quick on the draw, which isn't always great thing, but he mellowed as the interview went on. He comes across as passionate, knowledgeable and prickly, he'd do well to work on the last one if he's going to do lots of media.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I love how Dave steamrolled past the praise Khan gave him.

Both interviews were great. Omega always comes off as the gigantic nerd fanboy he is in these interviews. Khan came across like a business guy who's bankrolling a pet project which is great but hopefully won't end up like the Carter's and we won't be seeing "evil on-screen promoter Tony Khan" getting put through a table then tweeting about how awesome it was.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 9, 2019

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Or that ROH guy that slowly went bankrupt as time went on until they sold it

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

PaybackJack posted:

I love how Dave steamrolled past the praise Khan gave him.

Both interviews were great. Omega always comes off as the gigantic nerd fanboy he is in these interviews. Khan came across like a business guy who's bankrolling a pet project which is great but hopefully won't end up like the Carter's and we won't be seeing "evil on-screen promoter Tony Khan" getting put through a table then tweeting about how awesome it was.

It really depends what his father’s tolerance is for losing money.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Kenny's voice is beautiful. He should stop wrestling and do WOL.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He's not a particularly good promo but his voice does have some radio qualities, very pleasant to listen to.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Always really polite too

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

beggar posted:

Twenty minutes into hoopzchat and nigel mcguiness is talking about non-monogamy instead of penetrating the D man-to-man

Nigel: "People with a vagina also have a perineum"

Bob: "We call them women"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

beggar posted:

I've managed to avoid the Nigel polyamory podcast for this long and now I'm worried I have to start listening.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan is wrong about a lot of stuff, but he’s never been wronger than wrt to parking

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

beggar posted:

This is transphobic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
3,700 subscribers lost to the Saudi show according to one of the Observer shows. Nice job.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rick posted:

3,700 subscribers lost to the Saudi show according to one of the Observer shows. Nice job.

Missed a 0, it was 37,000.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

gently caress, that's a lot.

Wonder if the NY64 made a difference. Not unlike Fatu.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I’m sure the $369,630 they missed out from the Network will make them reconsider the millions they got from the Saudis.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Incessant Excess posted:

Whoops. Even better and more impressive.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

dsriggs posted:

I’m sure the $369,630 they missed out from the Network will make them reconsider the millions they got from the Saudis.

It probably won't, that was the point Meltzer made was that the 40 million they got was enough for them to ignore it.

Although that 40 mil ain't gonna come every year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rick posted:

Yeah it is. That's kinda the point.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rick posted:

It probably won't, that was the point Meltzer made was that the 40 million they got was enough for them to ignore it.

it is. twice a year. for nine more years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well that's a bummer. Oh well I'm going to continue to think the people are cool who did that.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Incessant Excess posted:

As in they lost that many more subs than normal within a week of the show or that many subscribers cited it as the reason when they cancelled?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

davidbix posted:

As in they lost that many more subs than normal within a week of the show or that many subscribers cited it as the reason when they cancelled?

The former. Also, on the latest episode he corrected the number to 46,000.

Edit: I hope someone else can back this up, as he did the explanation in Dave speak and I was doing other stuff while listening.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 12, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

Didn't WWE actually take away the "Why are you canceling?" box when that whole debacle was going on?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I'm getting this wrong but I thought one of the big things in shareholder meetings for WWE was "did the subscription numbers for the network go up?" Now I'm guessing getting $80 million/year from the Saudis is probably going to mean that doesn't matter, but I could've sworn it was something that the company spent a lot of focus on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

I'm sure I'm getting this wrong but I thought one of the big things in shareholder meetings for WWE was "did the subscription numbers for the network go up?" Now I'm guessing getting $80 million/year from the Saudis is probably going to mean that doesn't matter, but I could've sworn it was something that the company spent a lot of focus on.

They focused on it a lot when it was going up or they thought it was going to go up.

Not even saying this is a WWE specific thing, I think most companies will just tell their shareholders the numbers that are going up and try to bury the numbers that are going down.

Incessant Excess posted:

Edit: I hope someone else can back this up, as he did the explanation in Dave speak and I was doing other stuff while listening.

This is from memory, but I'm pretty sure he worked it out based on the difference in the number of drops in the quarter post-Wrestlemania in different years? So two years ago they saw like a (pulling numbers out my rear end) 56000 drop for the quarter, then a year ago they saw a 110,000 drop and this year they saw a 156,000 drop etc.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't WWE actually take away the "Why are you canceling?" box when that whole debacle was going on?
I had to look up when I canceled (apparently after July 3rd but before August 3rd) and I cited bringing back Hulk Hogan and the first Saudi show as my reasons, though I guess that was a few months before the debacle really kicked into high gear. I don't think I would have been considered part of Dave's calculations, though.

They also haven't sent me any e-mails to renew my subscription (with free months or otherwise) in over six months now, apparently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I subscribed and cancelled a few times and they never send me any emails.

Its kind of weird, really. I do that with a ton of streaming services and most of them toss me something at least once a month. Like, not even necessarily coupons/deals. Just "Please come back, here's what we have" stuff.

My best guess is WWE just knows they have a monopoly on their product and figures everyone will come back on their own.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big scoop from Bryan on the latest WOR. HHH is probably not going to be fighting in AEW.

Edit: Also Dave trying to convince Bryan to go on the Jericho Cruise :3:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 12, 2019

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Also Dave trying to convince Bryan to go on the Jericho Cruise :3:

Bryan: Are we invited?
Dave: We're ALWAYS invited

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It cracks me up that each week the Becky segments generate page after page of argument here but on WOR they're consistently like "yeah, pretty good" and then they move on. It's like the only thing they don't have strong opinions on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Bryan: Are we invited?
Dave: We're ALWAYS invited

A single tear runs down Sempervive's cheek.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It cracks me up that each week the Becky segments generate page after page of argument here but on WOR they're consistently like "yeah, pretty good" and then they move on. It's like the only thing they don't have strong opinions on.

I think they underrate Becky for some reason.
Now it could be they feel Charlotte should be the real star and bigging up Becky is a distraction from that or that Beckys work rate isn’t crisp enough for Dave, but they undersell her promos while complaining that nobody does good promos apart from Samoa Joe and Daniel Bryan. Did they even give her credit for making her punches look better? Dave won’t deny she’s over, but he’s a touch incredulous about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HidaO-Win posted:

I think they underrate Becky for some reason.
Now it could be they feel Charlotte should be the real star and bigging up Becky is a distraction from that or that Beckys work rate isn’t crisp enough for Dave, but they undersell her promos while complaining that nobody does good promos apart from Samoa Joe and Daniel Bryan. Did they even give her credit for making her punches look better? Dave won’t deny she’s over, but he’s a touch incredulous about it.

They talked about her being a great promo pretty much every week Dave had to explain that it was still a three way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Feeling really bad after Dave cut that promo on adults who throw gutter balls