Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Endman posted:

My kingdom for a bathtub in a low-to-mid range apartment that can fit my corpulent goonbody.

That's what I used to think, but it happened a lot even in properties with accessibility handrails. Perhaps the rolls when pulled were exerting a catastrophic level of torque. I blame multi-ply toilet roll.

obvious answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

At least it's not a top-loading machine.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I'm just glad that the occupants can afford plenty of shampoo and conditioner, I bet their hair is gorgeous

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I-4 bridge at Colonial Drive in Orlando opens to traffic despite cracked pier

quote:

The bridge was supposed to open earlier this year but was delayed after reports showed 17 cracks on the pier, Eyewitness News discovered.

"We believe that we found through our testing that the bridge is structurally sound and right now we are just working on serviceability repairs," Mike Shannon, the District 5 Florida Department of Transportation secretary said in November.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

schmug posted:

obvious answer

This has always slightly irritated me. Wouldn't the poop be on the underside of the paper?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ghostnuke posted:

This has always slightly irritated me. Wouldn't the poop be on the underside of the paper?

look at this guy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostnuke posted:

single ply. The amazing thing is that it holds together at all

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

This reminds me of a sinking ship simulator used to train damage control crews.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXC6U0NfJg8

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The Bloop posted:

single ply. The amazing thing is that it holds together at all

Moebius ply for maximum coverage.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Carbon dioxide posted:

gently caress you too, sfgate.

Wow, someone actually using HTTP 451...

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ghostnuke posted:

It twists around the butthole.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Clearly they're very tall to be able to use the machine. Except that shower head could only be useful to a child in the bottom 20% of growth. It wouldn't even be long enough to hit my prostate with insane water pressure.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Uh, I think you're supposed to grab it and hold it above you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Surely this 5' shower head will reach the top of me while curving upward from the bottom.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s just a gross bidet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I just noticed the pink toilet paper, is this the communal bathroom at one of Joe Arpaios prison dungeons?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I'm the homemade tub plumbing and support feet.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's a small bathroom like you'd find in many poorer apartments in China or Korea

E: except most of them don't threaten to crush you with laundry while you poo poo

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Endman posted:

My kingdom for a bathtub in a low-to-mid range apartment that can fit my corpulent goonbody.

Life finds a way

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Rising sea levels did become a problem in Narnia following Aslan's return and the melting of all that snow.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's a small bathroom like you'd find in many poorer apartments in China or Korea

E: except most of them don't threaten to crush you with laundry while you poo poo

I've seen a similar setup in the Czech Republic, except it was the hot water heater and it was above the tub. My bet, they went to a tankless heater and found a way to move the washer/dryer out of the kitchen.

schmug
May 20, 2007

hmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumieCcsh4o&t=1212s

this couples whole channel is OSHA AF.

Love me some homesteaders.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Even if my bathtub were full to the brim my 6'1" self couldn't be submerged to a level that'd make for a really comfortable soak. The standard 60" size just doesn't leave enough room unless it's unusually deep.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm just glad that the occupants can afford plenty of shampoo and conditioner, I bet their hair is gorgeous

You're mistaken, by my count there are at least 12 occupants in that hovel.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/eOOEP40.mp4

Yes, that's a person they're using a tow rope.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mr. Apollo posted:

They’re pushing, not towing.

I mean that doesn’t make it good, but it’s a lot easier on the human, provided he doesn’t lock his knees and they give out the wrong way.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Mad Max: Flurry Road

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

minato posted:

Mad Max: Flurry Road

heh

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Apollo posted:

Country bro's make do

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/AviationSafety/status/1095407977287348224

From the linked article:

quote:

In the wake of a fatal occurrence in Finland, the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) now issued three recommendations on explosive door openings on parked aircraft.

EASA notes that an accident involving a Gulfstream G150 in January 2018 in Finland was one of several occurrences of explosive door openings on parked aircraft, resulting in injuries, including fatalities, to persons inside or outside the aircraft. The main factor leading to these occurrences was an inadvertent development of an excessive differential pressure between the inside and the outside of the aircraft.

quote:

Following this, the captain went into the cockpit and started the APU, which generates electricity for aircraft systems and bleed air for heating the cabin. The co-pilot began to brush off the snow that had fallen on the aircraft. A moment later the captain came out to help the co-pilot. At first, he worked with his bare hands. Due to the extremely cold conditions (-22°C), however, he went back inside to fetch a pair of gloves. When he came back out, he closed the door.
A little later the cabin assistant inside the cabin felt strange pressure in her ears and chest.
She went into the cockpit and attempted to get the attention of the pilots working outside by knocking on the window. The pilots noticed the knocking and the captain went to open the door. According to the co-pilot’s observations it was unusually difficult for the captain to get the door open. Then, the captain pulled harder on the door handle at which time the door blew open with excessive force, hitting the captain who was standing underneath the door and knocking him to the ground. The pressure wave also knocked the co-pilot down, who had been standing approximately one metre from the left side of the door.

The captain died as a result of the serious injuries he sustained at the site of the occurrence. The co-pilot had not sustained any physical injuries. The cabin assistant had bruises on her right arm, continued to feel chest pain and was diagnosed with a mild concussion. 
The cabin sustained substantial damage. The cockpit’s aft left bulkhead and the cabin’s forward left bulkhead were nearly torn off.

Delta-P strikes again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does the plane not have any safety measures for not pressuring the inside up to marianas trench levels?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

jobson groeth posted:

Country bro's make do

I once towed a mates car through a cbd with a garden hose and twine.
It went ok. He only hit me once. We had trouble syncing up our breaking and it snapped a few times.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
I used to live in a rough neighborhood, and the greatest thing I ever saw was someone pushing a disabled car down the road by repeatedly tapping it with another car.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Big Dick Cheney posted:

I used to live in a rough neighborhood, and the greatest thing I ever saw was someone pushing a disabled car down the road by repeatedly tapping it with another car.

lol "rough". That's a daily occurrence in the suburbs around here.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i usually gauge rough by haow many times is traffic stopped by leos tasing a black man in the middle of the road but i spose its all perspective

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cakesmith handyman posted:

What's the line between dumbass "manned drone" and mini helicopter? 2 lift rotors? 3? Does Colin Furze's hoverbike count as one or the other?

last time i looked it up the problem with scaling up a quadcopter is that four small rotors aren't as efficient at generating lift as one big rotor. four small rotors work well for small craft that don't need any kind of other stabilization because you can just adjust the RPM on an electric motor to balance the thing. so quadcoptor/octocopter craft that carry small loads like packages or cameras are already commercially viable. but by the time the aircraft gets big enough to start carrying people or people-sized cargo, the efficiency of electric motors (and their batteries) lose out to a more traditional single or dual rotor helicopter design with a gasoline engine

i learned all this in the context of the multiple proposals for multirotor passenger aircraft or "air taxis" that are all extremely trendy quasi scams on behalf of companies like uber that are vainly chasing extreme year over year revenue growth and are desperate to have new proposals to keep their investors happy. unless someone comes up with some magic breakthrough in motor efficiency, battery efficiency, or advanced materials to make the math work better, there's no reason to expect a car-sized multirotor aircraft to be viable

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Mikl posted:

https://twitter.com/AviationSafety/status/1095407977287348224

From the linked article:

Delta-P strikes again.

gently caress, is that blood spray off to the side in that image?

schmug
May 20, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

i usually gauge rough by haow many times is traffic stopped by leos tasing a black man in the middle of the road but i spose its all perspective

same, but 137 shots

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
arent you drunk though by the time you are driving? i mean i hate paying for my neighbors mailboxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

arent you drunk though by the time you are driving? i mean i hate paying for my neighbors mailboxes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Timothy_Russell_and_Malissa_Williams

OSHA as gently caress