Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

enki42 posted:

Says who? You ignored the rest of my post where I asked you to provide any evidence of this whatsoever.

lol what does this even mean? You don't provide evidence of something that hasn't happened before, that doesn't make any sense. If you think there's another way to kill healthcare in Canada then you're probably wrong, there's no "evidence" of it either way. You use evidence to show that this country isn't going to survive the effects of climate change in the next few decades, you don't use it to try to make a point about the theoretical way to kill healthcare in Canada.

enki42 posted:

If you assume that the Liberals are better than the Conservatives, barring any major upheaval in the political landscape of Canada

a) they aren't, really
b) that upheaval will never come under a Liberal government, and without it this country is hosed either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah if you think the Cons are "too stupid" to do major damage to Canada and the institutions a lot of us value you'd have to have been asleep during the Harper years and like, not been paying attention to any of the provincial Con governments. What, do people honestly think four years of a Conservative hellhole government is going to to "open people's eyes" and lead to some sort of NDP ascendancy after? Didn't work last time and given the current state of the party I don't see why it would this time. Or is it some sort of depressing accelerationist bullshit that the world is burning down and at least the Cons will do it faster?

Kiss any sort of climate change plan goodbye, be ready for more anti-immigrant xenophobia, etc...

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

ChairMaster posted:

lol what does this even mean? You don't provide evidence of something that hasn't happened before, that doesn't make any sense. If you think there's another way to kill healthcare in Canada then you're probably wrong, there's no "evidence" of it either way.

Your claim is that the Liberals aim to privatize healthcare, which no Liberal as far as I know has ever stated as a goal. On the other hand, there's plenty of grassroots support among Liberal delegates for expanded public healthcare in the form of pharmacare and mental health support, and I'd almost guarantee there's going to be something addressing those in the 2019 platform.

quote:

a) they aren't, really

This argument has been hashed and re-hashed a billion times, but at the absolute worst I think the most you can say is that Liberals are identical to the conservatives on economic policy, but they aren't even comparable in terms of social policy. By any metric they're better, even if it's by a relatively small amount.

quote:

b) that upheaval will never come under a Liberal government, and without it this country is hosed either way.

Accelerationist bullshit. Conservative governments historically in Canada have been just bad enough to gently caress over the poor and racialized groups, while being acceptable enough to normal Canadians to be re-elected, or at worst, narrowly lose to the Liberals. A Conservative government has never been the impetus for a massive leftward swing, and there's nothing to indicate that we should expect any different in the near future.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Liberals are doing just fine at doing major damage to the social institutions of Canada, not that I'm talking about those, I'm talking specifically about healthcare. Healthcare is different in this country than any other institution because our national identity has healthcare as it's entire loving cornerstone.

Once again, gently caress the NDP. They are worthless. They are not going to make anything better. If you cannot accept that better things than the NDP are in any way possible, then you must accept that this country has no positive future, and it doesn't matter who we elect in the mean time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ooh are we at a "nothing matters" stage in the thread? We really do follow the states by a few years.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

enki42 posted:

Your claim is that the Liberals aim to privatize healthcare, which no Liberal as far as I know has ever stated as a goal.

That's the whole point of the Liberals, they don't say the quiet part loud. They're smarter than that, and the gullible loving idiots that make up this country's electorate fall for it every time.

enki42 posted:

and I'd almost guarantee there's going to be something addressing those in the 2019 platform.

Just like electoral reform was addressed in the 2015 platform, right? You cannot honestly believe that anything the Liberals say is meaningful in any way.

enki42 posted:

A Conservative government has never been the impetus for a massive leftward swing, and there's nothing to indicate that we should expect any different in the near future.

The same is true for a Liberal government. It's either coming or it's not, it doesn't matter who's in charge between our two right-wing parties.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

ChairMaster posted:

The Liberals are doing just fine at doing major damage to the social institutions of Canada, not that I'm talking about those, I'm talking specifically about healthcare. Healthcare is different in this country than any other institution because our national identity has healthcare as it's entire loving cornerstone.

Once again, gently caress the NDP. They are worthless. They are not going to make anything better. If you cannot accept that better things than the NDP are in any way possible, then you must accept that this country has no positive future, and it doesn't matter who we elect in the mean time.

So your super leftist political stance amounts to:

- gently caress the Liberals
- gently caress the NDP
- I am happy that the Conservatives are going to govern Canada

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress all three parties, if things are going to get better in this country something better must be constructed by those outside of the current party structure. If this is impossible, then arcsquad is right and nothing matters either way.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I mean what, do you think the Liberals are going to repeal the Canada Health Act? Amend it in some way? Cut health transfer payments? What exactly do you think they're going to do?

If any damage to the healthcare is going to happen it'll be on the provincial level. The Feds may mandate the insurance systems but the actual delivery is in the hands of the provinces (see: Ford and his super agency bullshit).

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ooh are we at a "nothing matters" stage in the thread? We really do follow the states by a few years.

I’ll start Chapo Hoser House.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They will likely work in conjunction with provincial Liberals and Conservatives to make cuts and reduce requirements and introduce means testing and weaken the system overall until such a point as it is struggling and anemic to such an extent that the private health providers in Alberta look good by comparison, and will use that to sell privatization across the board. It's what they want more than anything, and your skepticism of that fact is helping them do it.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

ChairMaster posted:

That's the whole point of the Liberals, they don't say the quiet part loud. They're smarter than that, and the gullible loving idiots that make up this country's electorate fall for it every time.

I don't know how to respond to that, it's not an argument. I could say that the Conservatives secretly want to bring about full luxury gay space communism, they're just smart enough not to talk about it. I'm not saying the Liberals never cut social programs or anything, but there's absolutely zero evidence that they have any intention of privatizing healthcare.

quote:

Just like electoral reform was addressed in the 2015 platform, right? You cannot honestly believe that anything the Liberals say is meaningful in any way.

Sure, I'm not making a strong claim that the Liberals are actually going to follow through with universal pharmacare, I'm just saying it's unlikely that they campaign for increased health care coverage and then actually privatize healthcare. The likeliest outcome is probably either the status quo or some small token program so they can say they checked off the box.

quote:

The same is true for a Liberal government. It's either coming or it's not, it doesn't matter who's in charge between our two right-wing parties.

OK, if a massive left-wing shift is inevitable regardless of whether the Liberals or Conservatives are in power, maybe we should stick with the party that doesn't hate gays and foreigners in the meantime.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

ChairMaster posted:

They will likely work in conjunction with provincial Liberals and Conservatives to make cuts and reduce requirements and introduce means testing and weaken the system overall until such a point as it is struggling and anemic to such an extent that the private health providers in Alberta look good by comparison, and will use that to sell privatization across the board. It's what they want more than anything, and your skepticism of that fact is helping them do it.

What have they done so far to indicate that they want to do this? The provincial Liberals in Ontario expanded public healthcare fairly significantly with OHIP+ under Wynne. Doesn't sound like a grand conspiracy to gut healthcare to me.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ChairMaster posted:

I find it hard to believe they would be so sophisticated. Remember that Doug Ford started wanton destruction of the government basically immediately.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

enki42 posted:

I'm not saying the Liberals never cut social programs or anything, but there's absolutely zero evidence that they have any intention of privatizing healthcare..

If "they've done the exact same thing constantly for the last 50 years" isn't evidence that they're going to keep doing the same thing, then I don't know what is.

enki42 posted:

OK, if a massive left-wing shift is inevitable regardless of whether the Liberals or Conservatives are in power, maybe we should stick with the party that doesn't hate gays and foreigners in the meantime.

Ha! "Inevitable"? Yeah right.

Either way, I don't know if you like know any normal people in real life, but most people are only mad about politics when the Conservatives are in power, and are perfectly content to let the Liberals do the same poo poo the Conservatives would have done as long as they have an good-looking man in charge rather than some creepy automaton or weird manbaby that the Conservatives put in charge.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

enki42 posted:

What have they done so far to indicate that they want to do this? The provincial Liberals in Ontario expanded public healthcare fairly significantly with OHIP+ under Wynne. Doesn't sound like a grand conspiracy to gut healthcare to me.

She privatized the loving power, dude. If using healthcare as a smokescreen is all it takes to get away with that poo poo there's no reason it can't be undone at a later date.

xtal posted:

I find it hard to believe they would be so sophisticated. Remember that Doug Ford started wanton destruction of the government basically immediately.

And don't think for a second that the Liberals aren't happy about it.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

ChairMaster posted:

She privatized the loving power, dude. If using healthcare as a smokescreen is all it takes to get away with that poo poo there's no reason it can't be undone at a later date.

Your point was specifically that the Liberals want to privatize healthcare. I'm not going to bat for them privatizing hydro, but that's not evidence of dismantling public healthcare, especially when the very same government expanded public healthcare.

quote:

Ha! "Inevitable"? Yeah right.

Either way, I don't know if you like know any normal people in real life, but most people are only mad about politics when the Conservatives are in power, and are perfectly content to let the Liberals do the same poo poo the Conservatives would have done as long as they have an good-looking man in charge rather than some creepy automaton or weird manbaby that the Conservatives put in charge.

I know plenty of people who are perfectly happy with Conservative governments. I don't agree with their politics at all, but I'm not going to pretend they don't exist, and are probably more representative of the average Canadian voter than a NDP voter.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

enki42 posted:

Your point was specifically that the Liberals want to privatize healthcare. I'm not going to bat for them privatizing hydro, but that's not evidence of dismantling public healthcare, especially when the very same government expanded public healthcare.

It's the exact same poo poo dude, and you're a loving rube if you think it's not.

enki42 posted:

I know plenty of people who are perfectly happy with Conservative governments. I don't agree with their politics at all, but I'm not going to pretend they don't exist, and are probably more representative of the average Canadian voter than a NDP voter.

What do those people have to do with making a positive change in Canadian politics? Those people are garbage, and if anyone's going to make a positive change it's going to be without or actively against them.

I'm talking about normal people who are just vaguely ignorant or complacent (ie the most representative Canadians you can get). Most of them are perfectly content to have a Liberal government and will allow then to do the exact same poo poo the Conservatives do as long as the PM is charismatic and good-looking.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

ChairMaster posted:

gently caress all three parties, if things are going to get better in this country something better must be constructed by those outside of the current party structure. If this is impossible, then arcsquad is right and nothing matters either way.

Ideology, pathology, what's the difference?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

InfiniteZero posted:

Ideology, pathology, what's the difference?

If two of the three parties are essentially the same, and the third one is doing it's best to become like the other two, then "gently caress all three parties" is a perfectly ideologically consistent position to take.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 9, 2022

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why are you guys getting all nihilistic when the greatest political lion hunt I can remember in Canada is underway and it currently still looks like it could gore someone? This is fun times.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have never posted anything but honestly in this thread, it's your own problem if you can't handle the truth ;)

Anyways if you wanna post about how much you hate me and my terrible personal life you should go do it on one of those weird sites where people post about SA users, Canpol is not the place for it.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 9, 2022

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DynamicSloth posted:

Wilson-Raybould has resigned from cabinet.

I love how in politics you can just totally gently caress around and its all ok if you just quit before it gets too crazy.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ChairMaster posted:

Not "we", bunnyofdoom was working for the Liberals in 2015. He campaigned for them. He is human garbage, and only quit when Trudeau went back on his electoral reform promise (as if anyone with a loving brain in this entire country thought that promise wasn't going to be broken at the soonest possible opportunity).

Shut the gently caress up with this poo poo. Stop calling people human garbage for having a job or reasonable political belief you don't agree with.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

zapplez posted:

Shut the gently caress up with this poo poo. Stop calling people human garbage for having a job or reasonable political belief you don't agree with.

Thank you.

Remember, someone ITT doxxed me and tried to get me fired, so you know, this poo poo loving blows.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Thank you.

Remember, someone ITT doxxed me and tried to get me fired, so you know, this poo poo loving blows.

I'm amazed you keep posting here after something like that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

Thank you.

I wish they succeeded, you actively helped to gently caress over millions of people. You are a bad person and should feel bad and should be treated badly. Nobody should feel badly for you or regret that something bad happened to you as a result of something lovely you did.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ChairMaster posted:

I wish they succeeded, you actively helped to gently caress over millions of people. You are a bad person and should feel bad and should be treated badly. Nobody should feel badly for you or regret that something bad happened to you as a result of something lovely you did.

You are the worst CanPol poster and that says a lot coming from me.

Also, get help.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've done way less damage to this country than a lot of people who post in this thread, so if your criteria for what makes someone a bad person is "how they post on the internet", then I suggest that you maybe expand your horizons.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's all fun and games when we exhaustively talk about guillitines and who will be first against the wall, but this guy, he sounds like he means it... About [one of] us!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Many of you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

James Baud posted:

Why are you guys getting all nihilistic when the greatest political lion hunt I can remember in Canada is underway and it currently still looks like it could gore someone? This is fun times.

Speaking from Ontario, there is a lot more reason to be cautious right now given the very real and immediate damage Dougie has done to the province. One dreads to imagine the kind of damage federal conservatives would do given how they all probably want to take notes from Dougie's "success".

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In other news, RCMP didn't trust BC Liberal government, thought they were compromising multiple investigations into money laundering, etc.

(Were probably correct.)

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
If we're creepily attacking other posters I want to point out that Chairmaster is banned from the global warming thread because he was revolutionized watching Avengers: Infinity War and his broke teenage brain couldn't understand the concept of Thanos as an anti-hero

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Not only am I not banned from the Climate Change thread (mod admitted in PMs that it was unfair), but you're thinking of Rime, not me. I was advocating violence against rich people and politicians, Rime wants to kill half the human population.

It is really not that difficult to keep track of who you're angry at on the internet, you don't have to make stuff up or get confused about pretty simple differences.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

HappyHippo posted:

I'm amazed you keep posting here after something like that.

You notice I only pop up once per month, mainly when I hate myself.

Also, I am pretty sure I know which fuckhead was the doxxer.

ChairMaster: Take your meds.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ChairMaster posted:

I've done way less damage to this country than a lot of people who post in this thread, so if your criteria for what makes someone a bad person is "how they post on the internet", then I suggest that you maybe expand your horizons.

Uhh that wasn't a comment on your personal life morals or your contribution to Canada. Its just you suck as a CanPol poster as your posts are creepy or harassing or depressing or pure rage 99% of the time.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

patonthebach posted:

Uhh that wasn't a comment on your personal life morals or your contribution to Canada. Its just you suck as a CanPol poster as your posts are creepy or harassing or depressing or pure rage 99% of the time.

If this was true you wouldn't be doing the Clam Down thing where you bring up how terrible my life is every time you post about me.

bunnyofdoom posted:

You notice I only pop up once per month, mainly when I hate myself.

You should hate yourself, keep doing that.

James Baud posted:

In other news, RCMP didn't trust BC Liberal government, thought they were compromising multiple investigations into money laundering, etc.

The fact that the RCMP prefers Conservative governments because they're more into wasting millions of dollars trying to convince crackheads to blow up parliament isn't particularly indicative of anything in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Easy there, all they did was work for the Liberals, they're not a post office employee or something