Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So uh, it looks like the Jump Force devs forgot something.
https://twitter.com/_mizumi/status/1095202162743877633?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I wondered how BotW would hold up on a second playthrough when I'd already seen everything, but a couple months back I replayed it on Master Mode/did the DLC and somehow spent more time exploring the world than in my original playthrough :popeye:

BOTW is the game I keep going back to when I just want to relax.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

it's no paper mario: the thousand year door

yeah it didn't make you mash a through someone saying i love you a hundred times

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So uh, it looks like the Jump Force devs forgot something.
https://twitter.com/_mizumi/status/1095202162743877633?s=21

What does that mean?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I enjoyed BotW, and accept that is one of the best games of the past few years, and still really struggle to think of it like a Zelda game. Obviously that is a major positive for a lot of people but that disconnect makes it very hard for me to want to replay it in the same way I do for some of the other titles.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phantasium posted:

I feel like if i ever mention how much of a disappointment odyssey was to me i'll be crucified

I say how much I didn't like Breath of the Wild all the time, live dangerously my friend

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean he would be kind of broken

he just writes "goku" in the death note and goku has a heart attack 40 seconds into the round

Goku is the worst example for that because his name isn't actually Goku, and without Vegeta to yell it repeatedly he's poo poo out of luck.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

BOTW is the game I keep going back to when I just want to relax.

My "relax game" is Isaac, for what that says about me. I putter through a random run every once in a while.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Andrast posted:

What does that mean?

makes it possible to mod the game on console i think? basically the unlocked project file for the game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Nate RFB posted:

I enjoyed BotW, and accept that is one of the best games of the past few years, and still really struggle to think of it like a Zelda game. Obviously that is a major positive for a lot of people but that disconnect makes it very hard for me to want to replay it in the same way I do for some of the other titles.

I think in discussion about BotW this is a big deal (and a perfectly valid way to feel, of course)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Tales of Woe posted:

makes it possible to mod the game on console i think? basically the unlocked project file for the game
More than that, it makes the entire game a lot easier to mod.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oddium posted:

bowsette is a real person

tfw you accidentally swipe left on bowsette

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Go for it, I'm here for interesting criticism!

There's nothing elaborate to it, just the slow stunning realization that came after playing Odyssey immediately after 3D World that I missed the style of the older Mario games and never got into the repeat this sandbox stage looking for stars thing, and that I had never managed to convince myself to finish 64, did the bare minimum to complete Sunshine, Galaxy 1, and Odyssey, and never even bothered to play Galaxy 2. Mario Maker also showing me fun levels in the classic styles didn't help.

What should have been a cool reveal at the end showing you Mario 64 world or whatever was just the feeling of "do I even care, I barely touched 64, I don't want to collect a million stars doing boring tasks to unlock the fun obstacle course parts or waste time looking for the ones that are available"

Like I'm playing Yoshi's Wooly World right now and despite that game not being as good as like Tropical Freeze or 3D World the SNES games I hold in high acclaim I'm still enjoying it way more than Odyssey.

Real hurthling! posted:

Talk about how botw is a lovely zelda instead cause thats at least true

BotW is my favorite one, sorry. Well, behind Majora's Mask maybe. I never want to talk about that though because eliciting people to discuss their feelings on Botw should be a crime. I don't want to hear the term weapon durability ever again. Everything I like about the game has been vivisected down to the most incremental degree to the point where I can't even think of the things I enjoyed about it anymore without some inner monologue describing why that thing I liked was poo poo, and I still haven't done the DLC because of that. I fully realize this is stupid.

al-azad posted:

Maybe the pachinko game in Sunshine that can eat my rear end.

That part isn't hard, it's just broken and lovely and the worst part I can think of in a Mario game. Yes let's have something where you hit this bounce pad and your momentum is locked into a part of the area already seemingly randomly and trying to move against it does nothing. If the randomness was intentional because it's a pachinko machine then there are several people that should be shot into the sun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

There's nothing elaborate to it, just the slow stunning realization that came after playing Odyssey immediately after 3D World that I missed the style of the older Mario games and never got into the repeat this sandbox stage looking for stars thing, and that I had never managed to convince myself to finish 64, did the bare minimum to complete Sunshine, Galaxy 1, and Odyssey, and never even bothered to play Galaxy 2. Mario Maker also showing me fun levels in the classic styles didn't help.

What should have been a cool reveal at the end showing you Mario 64 world or whatever was just the feeling of "do I even care, I barely touched 64, I don't want to collect a million stars doing boring tasks to unlock the fun obstacle course parts or waste time looking for the ones that are available"

Like I'm playing Yoshi's Wooly World right now and despite that game not being as good as like Tropical Freeze or 3D World the SNES games I hold in high acclaim I'm still enjoying it way more than Odyssey.

BotW is my favorite one, sorry. Well, behind Majora's Mask maybe. I never want to talk about that though because eliciting people to discuss their feelings on Botw should be a crime. I don't want to hear the term weapon durability ever again. Everything I like about the game has been vivisected down to the most incremental degree to the point where I can't even think of the things I enjoyed about it anymore without some inner monologue describing why that thing I liked was poo poo, and I still haven't done the DLC because of that. I fully realize this is stupid.

That part isn't hard, it's just broken and lovely and the worst part I can think of in a Mario game. Yes let's have something where you hit this bounce pad and your momentum is locked into a part of the area already seemingly randomly and trying to move against it does nothing. If the randomness was intentional because it's a pachinko machine then there are several people that should be shot into the sun.

The dlc is wonderful...you should check it out if you ever get the time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Galaxy was more obstacle course than sandbox imo and G2 leaned more towards that since individual galaxies had less missions on the whole.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The worst part of the Mario series is definitely Mario, the man is a black hole in terms of personality

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally in the next game the question will be answered. does mario gently caress

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the answer is yes, but luigi

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mario was brought by a stork and exists in a world without gently caress

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a world with bowsette but no gently caress seems like the personally designed hell for a lot of the internet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if there's no gently caress then explain this guy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

if there's no gently caress then explain this guy

Is he doing the Soulja Boy dance

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My friend hasn't played a video game since 2004 (whenever the first Snake Eater came out) and got a Switch and has been playing BotW religiously. And it's fun hearing his thoughts along the way as an outsider to video games, this person who hasn't played an open world game since Vice City and his last Zelda was Ocarina of Time played in 4 hour sessions whenever he hung out at my place in middle school.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

congrats on your ostensibly functional adult friend ruining his life by becoming an aficionado of a form of toys for children

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

congrats on your ostensibly functional adult friend ruining his life by becoming an aficionado of a form of toys for children

Toys for children own

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

What does that mean?

You can read and modify the source code to an unprecedented degree, we can see how a AAA studio makes a game, becasuse the uproject file lets you open up the game and edit it. Like a game designer. It's like if you bought a car, and they gave you the car, and also a factory to build and modify the car as you see fit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

HELL yeah

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The game that made me go, “This isn’t just a toy... This is an art” was Final Fantasy 7

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

The game that made me go, “This isn’t just a toy... This is an art” was Final Fantasy 7

What if art is actually just a toy? Checkmate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chumbler posted:

What if art is actually just a toy? Checkmate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbUXTJ6SqlE
change man to art here

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

He majored in telecommunications, graduated right as the recession hit, so he was like "gently caress it" and went to law school. So his life was ruined by lifetime student loans, BotW is the sweet morphine to dull the pain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Graduating college during the recession I can understand, law school on top of that is a monumental unforced error.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A friend of mine is a public defender and, related, is a suicidal alcoholic

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
super mario odyssey is the only truly great 3d mario game ever made

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from what i understand super mario odyssey is truly a 3d mario game that was made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Final Fantasy 7 owns, baybeeeee

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the remake still happening

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the promise has been made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the remake still happening

I kind of don't want it to be? And I'm saying that as a huge idiot fanboy for FF7

I don't think they'll be able to do it justice. I think a big thing is they'll screw up Cloud and Aeris' characters, because they have done that in everything post FF7. I think voices will ruin it. Honestly if it was literally everything else was the same from the original except updated graphics I'd be down. Same dialogue, same battle system, etc, just make the world fully 3D instead of the models on paintings (though those backgrounds looked awesome). But I'm not really confidant they'd do the rest right.

I'm also a huge fan of the materia system over the other Final Fantasy systems, and I think they're gonna mess that up too :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They should at least change some of the wall market dialogue