Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

Big scoop from Bryan on the latest WOR. HHH is probably not going to be fighting in AEW.

Edit: Also Dave trying to convince Bryan to go on the Jericho Cruise :3:

Dave on Japan: "Best week of my life. Loved everything about it. Had a great time with my son. I guess I could go again if the readers want me to."

Dave on Jericho Cruise "We have to go, we'll get interviews with everyone on the boat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Oof, it's been a while, but here's the Sidewalk Slam for Royal Rumble 2019

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It cracks me up that each week the Becky segments generate page after page of argument here but on WOR they're consistently like "yeah, pretty good" and then they move on. It's like the only thing they don't have strong opinions on.

Wrestling fans are super negative so they focus on the content people want like Braun Strowman being buried in a glacier.

It’s the same reason he doesn’t ever say anything negative about AEW: people who are interested in it are the same people who subscribe.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angry Grimace posted:

Wrestling fans are super negative so they focus on the content people want like Braun Strowman being buried in a glacier.

It’s the same reason he doesn’t ever say anything negative about AEW: people who are interested in it are the same people who subscribe.

Or maybe there's not much negative to say about the company that's not run a show yet?

I prefer the "Dave goes soft on them because he's friends with them" conspiracy than "he doesn't want to offend his subscribers" conspiracy, though both are dumb. They've said the right things, signed guys that Dave likes, dunno what they have done he's meant to poo poo on about aside from the general questions about sustainability in the long run. Which he's brought up.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 12, 2019

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Dave doing a rant on Kevin Owens rolling a gutterball is something else.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 12, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Antitonic posted:

Oof, it's been a while, but here's the Sidewalk Slam for Royal Rumble 2019

"WWE Hall of Famer, Jeff 'Slapnuts' Jarrett"

Some top quality content from Loading Ready Run.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

A pod I'm super close to dropping, Store Horsemen, has extended fights about Becky Lynch because one dude (who is a giant misogynist, gently caress you Tony Hinchcliffe) goes on constant derails talking about how poo poo she is. I don't get why people can't give it a couple minutes (if that) and then move on to something else.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Anyone associated with Death Squad/JRE podcast network is super garbo. Not worth listening to.

Except for Joey Diaz. At least that dude doesn't pretend to be a nice or ok person.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave's shoot promo on people that roll gutterballs in A+

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Here's two questions I've always wondered about Dave:

1. Why is his email hsmeltzer@juno.com?
2. Does Juno even still exist?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he uses his father's email address. dave hasn't been the most tech savvy guy, and probably keeps the same email address for archival purposes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

juno as an ISP is gone but its cheap to run old pop mail servers so its probably happily chugging away in someone's basement.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

Dave's shoot promo on people that roll gutterballs in A+

I started cracking up in the middle of Starbucks when he started seriously complaining about how Kevin Owens is going to be ruined because he rolled a gutterball and only bad wrestlers roll gutterballs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Dave's dad was Herbert S Meltzer

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I always assumed it stood for Hot Scoops.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Angry Grimace posted:

I started cracking up in the middle of Starbucks when he started seriously complaining about how Kevin Owens is going to be ruined because he rolled a gutterball and only bad wrestlers roll gutterballs

I mean he’s probably correct in his overall point, that portraying Owens as a regular guy who isn’t very athletic likely won’t do him any favors. But the bowling thing was very funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually really curious now if it was a worked gutterball or a shoot gutterball.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

VJeff posted:

I'm actually really curious now if it was a worked gutterball or a shoot gutterball.

My little brother used to get real mad when he wasn't winning so when he would throw shoot gutter balls he would get all flustered and start intentionally working them, but he would stay mad, so I half feel he was trying to shoot do better. Always working himself into a shoot but don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, marks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

VJeff posted:

I'd like to imagine they took 20 takes and he stuck every single one into the gutter.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Don't miss out on today's Observer Live if only for Bryan fantasy booking Ric Flair's upcoming birthday party

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

remusclaw posted:

My little brother used to get real mad when he wasn't winning so when he would throw shoot gutter balls he would get all flustered and start intentionally working them, but he would stay mad, so I half feel he was trying to shoot do better. Always working himself into a shoot but don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, marks.

This is good. Real good. I was laughing at the carny, and then laughed even more when I figured out it was all a work.

On a related note: Seth Rollins actually talks like this. He's on the E&C Podcast from last week, and he's describing his Ring of Honor tenure and he says something like, "I was making pretty good money over there, and didn't have to work a shoot job." Christian immediately laughs and talks over him to mention that he said that, but Rollins fails to notice because he's too busy talking about how his matches were being review on the "sheets."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

A pod I'm super close to dropping, Store Horsemen, has extended fights about Becky Lynch because one dude (who is a giant misogynist, gently caress you Tony Hinchcliffe) goes on constant derails talking about how poo poo she is. I don't get why people can't give it a couple minutes (if that) and then move on to something else.

I’ve only been exposed to Tony Hinchcliffe on Rogans podcast and the dude comes off like he barely knows anything about wrestling but he likes to think he’s a genius, he’s said a ton of outright wrong things about surface level history and business info. I feel like listening to him on an actual wrestling podcast would be annoying as heck

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Don't miss out on today's Observer Live if only for Bryan fantasy booking Ric Flair's upcoming birthday party

I lost it when they got to,"And he's stripped down to his underwear!" because I can totally see Ric doing that :allears:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Do you know in which episode Bryan goes on the rant about people backing into parking spots? I would love to hear it, I hate those people.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Do you know in which episode Bryan goes on the rant about people backing into parking spots? I would love to hear it, I hate those people.

The most recent episode where they talk about NXT and NWA/JCP from 1988

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah the latest B&V Show

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

How does Bryan exist in the world

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Smoking Crow posted:

Very carefully

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I want to say that he was afraid that if he changed his email, some of his long time contacts wouldn't know how to get a hold of him. I may have completed made this up though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'll reverse into a spot if I know it's not gonna hold anyone up for even, like, one second. Because I know how angry I get when I lose that one second to some gently caress head that just has to reverse into their loving spot.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whats the rush

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I dunno. I'm usually not in a hurry most times. I think it's more a social contract, "can you believe this guy right now!?" type of thing. It probably comes from working in restaurants my whole life tbqh.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Smoking Crow posted:

How he convinced a seemingly normal woman to marry him is my question

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Dave Meltzer earnestly shooting on people who bowl gutterballs makes me so happy. Dave is a national treasure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Owens picks up the phone and Dave's somehow already on the line, mid-sentence explaining the problems with his form. Owens hangs up and turns on the tv to watch the news, the anchor is shoved out of the way by Dave who continues what he was saying.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Whiplash but it's about Dave teaching Owens to bowl.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Whiplash but it's about Dave teaching Owens to bowl.

Is Whiplash a good movie?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DangerDummy! posted:

Is Whiplash a good movie?

Yes extremely good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kingpin but it's Dave who is already at the home of kids with single moms when they wake up in the morning (he's been telling them Roller Derby stories)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

I dunno. I'm usually not in a hurry most times. I think it's more a social contract, "can you believe this guy right now!?" type of thing. It probably comes from working in restaurants my whole life tbqh.
reversing into a spot is easier and makes it safer on the way back out. it is the Correct Way to park

E: people skip the Sunday B&V and they shouldn’t, there’s always something amazing for Bryan to bury. Sometimes it’s a terrible jobber, sometimes (like this week) it’s people loving up their promos

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 13, 2019