Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pat's enthusiasm for Warframe got me curious and it's not the first time I've heard it's better than Destiny or Anthem so go play that it's free. I never bounced so hard off a game in my life. What the hell is going on and what the gently caress is anything? Never have I ever experienced anything this unfriendly to new players. No I'm not going to navigate a wiki just to find my way around the hub menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That's pretty much Warframe's most dire flaw, it's a super good game, but everything is incredibly confusing to a new person. You'll bumble into the armory and store and see everything costing plat (When virtually everything in the game can be crafted easily), you'll see menus to incubate poo poo (Which comes in later for combat pets) or turn mods into endo or reveal rivens (Which are later game stuff) and just be clueless. As good as it is, it almost requires coming into it with a friend who can tell you how to actually start the game proper and understand what things do.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie and Pat are starting the RE2 coop stream: https://www.twitch.tv/Woolieversus

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Warframe is feature-bloated, but once you get your bearings it's really not all that complicated. Also the goon guild is very generous + nice and I recommend asking for an invite if you wanna start playing the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So far I like this stream format because Woolie gets to learn a new genre and I'm not waiting what would currently be episode 4 on the very beginning of the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

Warframe is feature-bloated, but once you get your bearings it's really not all that complicated. Also the goon guild is very generous + nice and I recommend asking for an invite if you wanna start playing the game.

Yeah this too, give the game one more try, but join the goon clan, they'll give you so much cool poo poo, all the advice you want, carry you through hard stuff to get you up to speed and much more.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

So far I like this stream format because Woolie gets to learn a new genre and I'm not waiting what would currently be episode 4 on the very beginning of the game.

It's Woolie going "oh I wonder" and immediately getting hit with a "oh no don't wonder it's this".

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This stream is loving excellent. Woolie and Pat are such a good team together especially when Woolie is the nervous teenager in the student driver car.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

pat getting to just sit there and explain re2 is like the happiest he can possibly be

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did they say if/where they’re uploading it or am I going to have to watch the vod on twitch?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You ain't getting this conversation about which pokemon to gently caress in the old LP episodes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm loving losing it about carlos miyamoto

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Man that stream last night was a groundwork for what they should be doing going forward.

It was so goddamn charming

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The stream will go up on youtube at some point, right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie finally doing poo poo with all the skits and intros he got recorded like, a year ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

New pat lore, he cleaned up a puddle of soda using the entire paper towel roll. The entire roll as it comes out of the bag.

edit: This is quite literally the most insane hour of Pat's life on stream

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 11, 2019

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pat also has no qualms with using someone else's toothbrush. :gonk:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Has he seen the toothbrush scene from Nise? Godamn.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Tae posted:

New pat lore, he cleaned up a puddle of soda using the entire paper towel roll. The entire roll as it comes out of the bag.

edit: This is quite literally the most insane hour of Pat's life on stream

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat's taking levels in barbarian, I see.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

For someone that scared of germs and keeping things clean this is impossible to square together.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat actively litters to the point that he stopped Paige from cleaning up his messes

Jesus gently caress, he litters because he's born on Earth day so he does it out of spite

He is the epitome of "I don't care if I win, as long as you lose"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tae posted:

Pat actively litters to the point that he stopped Paige from cleaning up his messes

Jesus gently caress, he litters because he's born on Earth day so he does it out of spite

Pat is a literal Captain Planet villain.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"I will buy garbage from the homeless and throw it on the ground!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my loving god, Pat said you literally can't litter in buildings because buildings are not part of the earth.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tae posted:

That smash video of him pretty much told us who he was day one, we shoulda known. :v:

YOU DIDN'T WIN YOU DIDN'T WIN as he vaults himself off the stage.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tae posted:

I actually wanna kick Pat in the pants if they're not joking on this.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Yardbomb posted:

Given that he's about three apples tall, you'd end up kicking all of him. :v:

Bahahaha, he's like an anti-Lorax!

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

If it is a joke, it's one that he's been doing for like 6+ years at this point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat was a psych major, right? Are we sure he wasn't accepted as some sort of long-term social experiment by researchers in his alma mater?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dias posted:

Pat was a psych major, right? Are we sure he wasn't accepted as some sort of long-term social experiment by researchers in his alma mater?

I once got a retweet and like from Paige because I asked her if she was ever worried Pat was karma for something terrible she did in her past

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I once got a retweet and like from Paige because I asked her if she was ever worried Pat was karma for something terrible she did in her past

loving lol, that's amazing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, thus episode of the podcast is where I officially crossed into "Pat has actual problems and should get help" territory.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, thus episode of the podcast is where I officially crossed into "Pat has actual problems and should get help" territory.

It stops being as funny when you realize it isn't a gimmick and he's not blowing minor quirks out of proportion for comedy's sake.

Don't know why but I'm having trouble getting past the first half hour of this episode. Probably just having a bad day.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The paper towel thing is crazy, but I have to admit when he said the indoors aren't the Earth, so they should be clean, I immediately understood the twisted logic of that. I probably empathize with Pat more than is ideal.

Pat has said in the past he has diagnosed OCD.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Pat has said in the past he has diagnosed OCD.

Huh, really? I never heard him say he had a diagnosis and stuff, OCD explains a lot of his weird ritualistic behavior, and I hope he's treated for it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Do you understand his twisted logic of holding a roll of toilet paper as you pee

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dias posted:

Huh, really? I never heard him say he had a diagnosis and stuff, OCD explains a lot of his weird ritualistic behavior, and I hope he's treated for it.

Yeah he;s brought it up a few times.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious even if he didn't

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I always assumed that any time he says "vitamins" he means meds he's been prescribed for OCD and other things.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm no psychologist but even Pat's weirdest impulses don't feel severe enough to be OCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't know the context of Pat's indoors not being real thing but from what i've seen in this thread I think I understand what he means. Like for me I'll never ever in my entire life litter outside because that's super lovely and inconsiderate garbage person (hurr) behavior but every once in a while if I ever accidentally drop some trash in a food court or movie theater or something, gently caress it, they pay people to clean that poo poo up. I'm not going to try to make their lives worse but if someone is paying for that building space, paying staff towards its upkeep and it's just something really small like 2 times a year from me I'm not going to go out of my way to retrieve trash I drop indoors where I always will outdoors.