Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'm an F-body partisan, but I'll be getting that mustang on day one. It's too iconic not to.

Also love the snap-on mods that don't require disassembly to change up the look. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Getting that sparkle spa for sure!

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Triple Decker Couch Mech here I come.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Do we really gotta wait til 'late summer' cause I want that Mustang right drat now

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That mustang looks sick, the alternate mode is rad. I don't know which I'll want to display it in.

But oh god please tell me that white stripe on the side that spans 8 pieces is printed and not stickers. And I think the blue bit that divides the white is certainly a sticker.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 13, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't do stickers, so I'll see how it goes without them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FBS posted:

Do we really gotta wait til 'late summer' cause I want that Mustang right drat now

Just dress up the speed champions one until then.

And do the green->blue color swap if you're really desperate!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone rehost those mustang pics from earlier so I can look at them on not my phone? Looks like they went away.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Plinkey posted:

Anyone rehost those mustang pics from earlier so I can look at them on not my phone? Looks like they went away.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

Aw yiss something to look forward to this summer besides an off color TIE Interceptor.

Is this really a thing? Don't mess with me like that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The set itself hasn’t been confirmed, but the minifig leaked a few weeks back and we know they’re making several Resistance sets.

It’s this ship:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vonreg%27s_TIE

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Man I need that Mustang.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

Tiny House & Chevy C10

Didn't see it mentioned, but it looks like you got picked up by Brothers Brick!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The set itself hasn’t been confirmed, but the minifig leaked a few weeks back and we know they’re making several Resistance sets.

It’s this ship:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vonreg%27s_TIE

Red? Yuck. At least they will probably get lazy and do an OT color one within 6 months of that coming out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

xzzy posted:

Just dress up the speed champions one until then.

And do the green->blue color swap if you're really desperate!

Put Dumbledore in it for that picture

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Last time I subject you guys to the WIP stuff I've been working on for the last couple weeks lol. Took some better images so I wanted to post them yo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh poo poo that command crawler turned out dope

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the ice skate for an airlock handle is inspired, as are the One Rings as booster tips. :allears:

really just fantastic reimaginings of classic space in a modern style.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Carbohydrates posted:

edit: dropped to $6 for the C10/tiny house and $4 for other builds. I think that's more reasonable. What do you think?

Start out at $15 or so for an instruction and see if it sells, then adjust the price accordingly and/or put the others out at a lower price from the get go

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Last time I subject you guys to the WIP stuff I've been working on for the last couple weeks lol. Took some better images so I wanted to post them yo.

Hearts all around, bro. Really awesome stuff!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
That stuff is awesome, so is this.

Lego Hidden Side. Kinda like monster hunters it seems. Link below is a school, and 129.99. Also a graveyard, train and other sets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3dC0XnDEY/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Scipiotik posted:

That stuff is awesome, so is this.

Lego Hidden Side. Kinda like monster hunters it seems. Link below is a school, and 129.99. Also a graveyard, train and other sets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt3dC0XnDEY/

Alright, yes, tentacles. Also that hoodie/baseball hat combo on the minifig. Monsters and graveyards and varsity jackets make this very Buffy-looking.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Also it links to some app and has some sort of mystery game associated with it. My 3 month old definitely needs all these sets for the future. I also saw a school bus, which is nice.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/parenting/news/lego/147078-lego-hidden-sides-augmented-reality

more pictures and details.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 14, 2019

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Awesome stuff, I've really been getting into Neo Classic Space too lately, but you could probably tell that based on what I've posted in this thread!

I wanted to ask, what's the part above the door in this photo?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Watching a build video for a robot and it looks like someone is using a part similar to this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...%20Brick%5D#T=C

But has the rotational sockets on BOTH sides. So:

Socket 2x2 brick Socket

Anyone know what part that is?? I couldn't find it on Bricklink. (but got close with that link)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This is literally the next part listed after the one you linked.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48172#T=C

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Scipiotik posted:

Also it links to some app and has some sort of mystery game associated with it. My 3 month old definitely needs all these sets for the future. I also saw a school bus, which is nice.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/parenting/news/lego/147078-lego-hidden-sides-augmented-reality

more pictures and details.

Oh man. When I started to collect some Lego stuff in the past year, I really lamented missing out on Monster Hunters as a theme. Looks like I get to have a great replacement for it. :spooky:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cojawfee posted:

This is literally the next part listed after the one you linked.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48172#T=C

Weird it wasn’t what I saw. It showed only 2 items (I even hit see all) and the second one was one with the rounded top on one side. Anyway, lol and thanks!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with how they came out too. Think I'm gonna keep leaning into neo classic space stuff when I get the building bug again.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Awesome stuff, I've really been getting into Neo Classic Space too lately, but you could probably tell that based on what I've posted in this thread!

I wanted to ask, what's the part above the door in this photo?

Apparently it's a ladder holder. I actually had no idea what it was until I looked the part number up just now haha. Found it in a bucket of loose Legos I got from the thrift store. pretty nice part for texture though. Wish I had more of them.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87913#T=P&C=86

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 15, 2019

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Happy Valentine’s day, Legoons.

(gently caress all yo’ perfect lightbox pics!)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Robo-Dino:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/jurassic-wo...rce=io9_twitter

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Lego are such trolls, they must know that people want a version of the Jurassic Park Jeep and they make a strange transformer Dino thing with the jeep colours.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

Lego are such trolls, they must know that people want a version of the Jurassic Park Jeep and they make a strange transformer Dino thing with the jeep colours.

I think it's coming, they'll probably release all of these, then release the D2C which will have a jeep in it just to soak all of the money from people.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
All I want is the god drat visitors' centre

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Agreed, the D2C set must surely be the visitors center. As I am not too into Jurassic Park, I am slightly hoping that its the one from Jurassic World or something and then observing the rage from a distance.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
What's the best way to clean off accumulated dust/other particulates from Lego that have been on open display for a while? I've tried baby wipes, but they leave smudges/smears not unlike on glass surfaces. Not a problem in some cases, but really stands on when you have large areas of a single color.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Take it apart, wash the bricks, then remake it.

If you hate building LEGO though, a toothbrush and lots of water will clean too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Habibi posted:

What's the best way to clean off accumulated dust/other particulates from Lego that have been on open display for a while? I've tried baby wipes, but they leave smudges/smears not unlike on glass surfaces. Not a problem in some cases, but really stands on when you have large areas of a single color.

Big paint brush with soft but straight bristles. After that give it a quick blast of canned air for good measure.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
There are things I like about those sets but gently caress them, all I want is a $500 park with all the major areas from the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Habibi posted:

By a big cheap make up powder brush.