Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:wow:

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
You've heard the expression "Let's get busy"...

Well this is a president who gets BIZZAY!

:effort:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I honestly get like 99% of the jokes and refs, but I don't remember the Eisenhower/Bizzay thing. Can someone link me?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

I honestly get like 99% of the jokes and refs, but I don't remember the Eisenhower/Bizzay thing. Can someone link me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y1YaXvi1bk

It's from the sideshow Bob EP where he steals a nuke in order to destroy tv

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y1YaXvi1bk

It's from the sideshow Bob EP where he steals a nuke in order to destroy tv

For fucks sake, now I remember.

For some reason my brain was thinking it was an episode where they flash back to Krusty's early shows and he had an Ike impersonator in a sketch do that.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Spacedad posted:

If any folks in here can do serviceable Simpsons voices I am tempted to borrow you to make some weirdass original animated poo poo when I get some free time. :eyepop:

My brother-in-law does a spot-on Mr. Burns and Smithers and would totally be down for some voice acting.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Deep cut

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/1095479342640054272

context

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Completely pointless fact, but a nuke plant that had run as long as the one in the Simpsons would have been dismantled years ago both because of high maintenance costs and it having become inefficient in comparison to modern plants (as in they wouldn't make any actual money on it).

I mean, if time was a thing that actually existed in The Simpsons. Which season thirty proved it does not.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ceGzXusGQ

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

evilmiera posted:

Completely pointless fact, but a nuke plant that had run as long as the one in the Simpsons would have been dismantled years ago both because of high maintenance costs and it having become inefficient in comparison to modern plants (as in they wouldn't make any actual money on it).

How's that a fact? Palo Verde's the largest plant in the US and the first two units commissioned in 1986. There are dozens of plants still operating that were commissioned in the 1970s.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

evilmiera posted:

I mean, if time was a thing that actually existed in The Simpsons. Which season thirty proved it does not.

Great, you wished on the monkeys paw and now Mr Burns is gonna have a solar plant in a new episode.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It'd be so easy to write that episode. Have the first act and a half be the town petitioning for green energy (led by Lisa), Burns finally capitulates, and the act 2 break scene is the solar blocker from Who Shot Mr Burns, only with solar panels on the sun-facing side

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 13, 2019

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
None of the current writers have seen who shot mr burns

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all the writers are crabby old white men now, which is why al jean is still being weird on twitter at indian people who don't like apu

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I like Apu as a character even though he has some problems

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

same, in the good seasons at least

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nonviolent J posted:

None of the current writers have seen The Simpsons

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phanatic posted:

How's that a fact? Palo Verde's the largest plant in the US and the first two units commissioned in 1986. There are dozens of plants still operating that were commissioned in the 1970s.

You need to do revisions on them, essentially replacing large parts during a shutdown to the point it isn't the same plant anymore.

That or Palo Verde needs to share the secret of eternal nuke plant youth.

Edit: Also in my completely scientific opinion the plant looks hella-old at the start of the show.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 13, 2019

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Whoa how did I miss this thread! Still got 120 pages to go. As soon as I saw the smiley of the dud smile I knew where it was from and loved that someone else appreciated that scene. Steamed hams holy poo poo piss made me cry.

Someone do the scene where Homer is a clown and driving to Milhouses's party and crashes into a tree. Delayed for a second he then smashes through the windscreen and lands on their lawn. But someone make it the dud and all the kids and Kirk Van Houten have the dud smile.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

gently caress

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Holy christ

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Old plants are still running because the government will absolute NOT give out permits for new nuclear plants.

Everyone is " omgz atomz scary" so we're generations behind

And its also loving stupid. we're still on steam power. Nuclear plants use the heat from the reactions to heat water to steam which turns turbines.

We are still on loving Steam Power.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Johnny Aztec posted:

We are still on loving Steam Power.

If you can think of a better way to cook hams I'd like to hear it :colbert:

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Everyone is " omgz atomz scary" so we're generations behind

Yeah and how much of that is literally because of The Simpsons?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Doom Mathematic posted:

Yeah and how much of that is literally because of The Simpsons?

probably not that much in the grand scheme of things

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Loses points for skinner actually serving steampunk, the joke could easily have continued by virtue of "you call this steampunk despite the fact that there are obvious diesel-industrial influences" or similar

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Loses points for skinner actually serving steampunk, the joke could easily have continued by virtue of "you call this steampunk despite the fact that there are obvious diesel-industrial influences" or similar

he calls it steampunk despite it clearly not being punk at all

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

literal lol

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

not lenny!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I keep a note in my phone for Shitpost Ideas... I've made a few of the ones listed, feel free to steal my ideas if you want and can figure out what they mean:

Edit: 'it still points, doesn't it?' I guess isn't very full fledged at, by my idea is that that scene, with Skinner pointing the nub, can be a template. Replace the nub with, say, a hambhrher and have him say,
'It still steams, doesn't it?'

Eh, that's no good...

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 13, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

I keep a note in my phone for Shitpost Ideas... I've made a few of the ones listed, feel free to steal my ideas if you want and can figure out what they mean:

We've reached the next level of memes. We don't even need to make them anymore, just say the general concept and we can all picture it and also hear it in our heads and also see it fully animated in our heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Next level is to not even think of a meme just laugh, then next level is no laughing