Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Sky Rail in Clayton is near quiet compared to the old level setup, plus no 20 min hold ups at level crossings as you have both local and V Line services running on the same line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anidav posted:

Bob Katter is threatening to withdraw support from the Morrison Govt unless the Govt legislates lower interest rates from the banks for Farmers only.

Not anyone else

Just farmers.

hahaha

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
See that's what you call "having a go".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Pro move by the government threatening no fucks Katter while the scent of blood is in the air.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Katter is the only one who can force the early election without taking a hit from his constituents for breaking the agreement too

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i have been talking with my fellow person smugglers and we have all agreed to wait until after the election to sail in to minimise our exposure to regulatory risks and potentially maximise our revenues come the labor government

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

Bob Katter is threatening to withdraw support from the Morrison Govt unless the Govt legislates lower interest rates from the banks for Farmers only.

Not anyone else

Just farmers.

Just ploughed the backyard - where do I sign up?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Well actually you'll find that my cargo do not in fact identify as "people" and furthermore

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i have been talking with my fellow person smugglers and we have all agreed to wait until after the election to sail in to minimise our exposure to regulatory risks and potentially maximise our revenues come the labor government

And I also as a fellow people smuggler/poor fisherman in rural Indonesia, have been following Australian politics intensely. And now this bill has passed, I will be rounding up a bunch of sick/mentally ill people to smuggle to Australia, who will all automatically get sent to live in Australia in big houses due to teh weakness and failure of Bill Shorten. Who is a hero in my village.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

You Am I posted:

The Sky Rail in Clayton is near quiet compared to the old level setup, plus no 20 min hold ups at level crossings as you have both local and V Line services running on the same line

Yeah, if built properly they're a lot quieter because the sound barriers mean noise gets reflected up at a much sharper angel, rather than directly at surrounding fences or a comparatively shallow embankment

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The level crossings in that area (Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong Rd, Tooronga Rd) are all absolutely nightmarish and if they actually fix them it'll be magical.
The level of NIMBY in that area makes the whole "fix them" bit a bit... pie in the sky.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Anidav posted:

Not anyone else

Just farmers.
lmao

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Palmer has been running two ads per ad break all evening here in Adelaide, including a new one about a Chinese airfield in the Pilbarra, how much money is he spending on this?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That Chinese airfield one is so long, I hadn't been paying attention and thought someone flicked channels or something

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
There's no sport on tonight is there? Why are you people watching regular telly idgi

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

There's no sport on tonight is there? Why are you people watching regular telly idgi

I have walked past the TV between the kitchen and my computer several times

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Morrison on Wednesday stood in his courtyard, reported with the full authority of his office that border protection had been weakened, concrete measures were being taken to deal with the weaknesses, and he Morrison, would attempt to stop the boats that Shorten had summoned with his manifest recklessness.

I summon boats in attack mode

And I summon dark zinger girl in defense mode.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Schlesische posted:

The level crossings in that area (Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong Rd, Tooronga Rd) are all absolutely nightmarish and if they actually fix them it'll be magical.
The level of NIMBY in that area makes the whole "fix them" bit a bit... pie in the sky.

Looking forward to those postcodes along the Monash becoming cheap enough to live in hahahahahahaha

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Our mates at true crimes weekly are back.

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/i-s...aw-sailors-die/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Just got info from a mining dinner in Canberra that scomo got up and rambled, was clearly winging it, went off his brain about 2013, shouted and then abruptly ended his address.

Dude has completely lost it lmao

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Just got info from a mining dinner in Canberra that scomo got up and rambled, was clearly winging it, went off his brain about 2013, shouted and then abruptly ended his address.

Dude has completely lost it lmao

28766f69642a2930 posted:

scomo going to go full Latham in 5, 4, 3...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Imagine the televised debates where Bill Shorten just says normal things while Scomo has a mental breakdown?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Imagine the televised debates where Bill Shorten just says normal things while Scomo has a mental breakdown?

Sounds like what happened this evening; so yes, something to look forward to. Bill was apparently very well prepared and had a good time speaking prior to scomo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Look Lisa I can pause the video recording the exact moment his brain breaks.

*Ralph Wiggum clutching his chest with Scomo's head*

"Biiiiilllll Shorteeeennnnnn."

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Causing serco to lose hundreds of millions of dollars is the only good thing to ever come out of australian refugee policy

Though I'm sure they made it back tenfold on the camp contracts

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's very Jacob Wohl, but I was out walking my dog through my half lower middle class, half public housing suburb, and a couple walking their dog the opposite direction on the other side of the road were talking; I heard "that's what the Liberals are saying, but I mean if you spend 5 ... on a boat ..." and I genuinely think the guy who looked like a stereotypical Howard battler was siding with the refugees

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gently caress I forgot the most important bit, scomo led with telling every that "how good is mining" is a common saying in The Shire.

I mean I bet it is but lmao

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Labor prepares ground for Mediscare 2.0 - smh

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

JBP posted:

gently caress I forgot the most important bit, scomo led with telling every that "how good is mining" is a common saying in The Shire.

I mean I bet it is but lmao

I lived there for 27 years and I can tell you it absolutely isn't. There isn't even any mining people there.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Laserface posted:

I lived there for 27 years and I can tell you it absolutely isn't. There isn't even any mining people there.

I mean more that fuckhead young Australian white people constantly say "how good is [subject]" often referencing something bad or banal

E: but also acknowledge that combination of words may never have been uttered ever outside of during one of those Chevron ads they play before a movie

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 13, 2019

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Clive Palmer is running insane ads in Western Australia that all but accuse China of planning to invade Australia

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/AmandaPerram/status/1095604950606860288

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Ugh if you think Morrison and Dutton are having a tanty, I can't imagine what the heavily partisan jackbooted thugs that make up the border force senior leadership are going to be doing to people who did nothing wrong this week.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Sorry to derail, but anyone got a sub to The Australian? This looks loving hilarious.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is bizarre

https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/1095657791719596033

Ashby and Hanson strike again!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ashby hosed Pauline

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I would have completely expected a fistfight to have broken out between Pauline and Mark Latham.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

AgentF posted:

I would have completely expected a fistfight to have broken out between Pauline and Mark Latham Scott Morrison.

Torch is ready to be passed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Guys I'm gonna say something I don't say often because I feel like the specialness has been rubbed off the word, but this week has been fricking epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
how good is this week?