Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That guy looks like one of the fat Deacons of the Deep from Dark Souls 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

real question:

a student I work with is getting into real Nazi poo poo. what can you do?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Smirking_Serpent posted:

real question:

Pretend I listed the entirety of the lyrics to how to save a life.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

real question:

You can try to talk them out of it if you think it'd work, but otherwise just start logging all of the Nazi poo poo they say and torpedo them when opportunity permits.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

real question:

I think this depends heavily on your specific relationship with the student, exactly how you interact with them, and especially how old they are.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I think this depends heavily on your specific relationship with the student, exactly how you interact with them, and especially how old they are.

I don't have a strong relationship with them, I just see all the stuff on their computer (Afrika Korps t-shirts, panzer divisions, SS posters).

Today I was helping him with something unrelated and he randomly asks me "what was the most diverse army in WW2?" because he wanted to look cool and correct me that it was the SS.

I don't really think there's anything I can do, it's just frustrating.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
How old is he? Are you his teacher?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I don't have a strong relationship with them, I just see all the stuff on their computer (Afrika Korps t-shirts, panzer divisions, SS posters).

Today I was helping him with something unrelated and he randomly asks me "what was the most diverse army in WW2?" because he wanted to look cool and correct me that it was the SS.

break his computer

inform his parents of his growing nazism

burn his house down

hit him with a golf cart

(one of these options is unironic, guess which one it is)

(it's the legal one, tell his parents)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Remind him at every and all opportunities that the Red Army is the Strongest.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hellsau posted:

Cumshitter, please show the thread your 1000th partner commemorative pin.

lost that one a long time ago, ive been a double diamond gay for a while now

theoretical mathematicians at harvard are still trying to quantify the number of loads in my rear end

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just tell him that all his heroes died in agony at the end of Russian bayonets or they died after wallowing in the shame of defeat, and that it will always happen again because no one likes Nazis.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Remind him at every and all opportunities that the Red Army is the Strongest.

This is the only solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI

Whenever he talks about the SS just remind him they were crushed by superior bolshevik science at every opportunity.

Also ask him if he supports other famous war losers like the Confederacy and the Boers

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Report him. That’s terrorist poo poo. Get that kid locked up in a cage before he goes around shooting girls. Unless it’s illegal, call the parents and the administration. The SS poo poo is basically a threat if there are students who are jewish or not white in this school.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is that MAGA blob invoking the witch trials or is there a stereotype that gay people can't swim?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

snoremac posted:

Is that MAGA blob invoking the witch trials or is there a stereotype that gay people can't swim?

No, he's just saying he'll try to drown them.

https://twitter.com/KassyDillon/status/1095504072478609408

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 05:10 on Feb 13, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I love when nazis pull this out, a bunch of different kinds of white people that were forced to become slave soldiers isn't a diverse army. At least the Colonial troops used by the British and French were volunteers, in a way.

Try to dunk on that kid as much as you can, and as is said, make sure he knows that his heroes are the biggest losers in 20th century history. They died at the end of a rope or in the mud and snow hiding from Soviets, which is the fate of all Nazis.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

twistedmentat posted:

I love when nazis pull this out, a bunch of different kinds of white people that were forced to become slave soldiers isn't a diverse army. At least the Colonial troops used by the British and French were volunteers, in a way.

Try to dunk on that kid as much as you can, and as is said, make sure he knows that his heroes are the biggest losers in 20th century history. They died at the end of a rope or in the mud and snow hiding from Soviets, which is the fate of all Nazis.

Not all, many are elected into office and become billionaires, sometimes in that order.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The red army was multi-ethnic and had women serving with them.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
There was great diversity in the ss: some died in the snow, some died in mud, some were hanged

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Others had long and successful careers, some in the US military!

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

There was great diversity in the ss: some died in the snow, some died in mud, some were hanged

Just got a new idea for a video game

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Siljmonster posted:

Just got a new idea for a video game

BF V isn’t selling well

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not all, many are elected into office and become billionaires, sometimes in that order.

I won't have you besmirching the Klaus Barbie Memorial Wing at the School of the Americas

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Screaming Idiot posted:

Or hired by the CIA to train displaced Palestinians to fight commies in the middle east.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

420 Gank Mid posted:

This is the only solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI

Whenever he talks about the SS just remind him they were crushed by superior bolshevik science at every opportunity.

:ussr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3pv6WsJrs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekYS8dOYRPU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why are clinically depressed 4chan guys doing self portrait memes now

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farm Frenzy posted:

why are clinically depressed 4chan guys doing self portrait memes now

turn on your monitor

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/1095618725527597057
https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/1095618748277497862

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite is the battle of berlin one. so ridiculous. sabaton is me at age 14 making metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IwmYAdgU18&t=14s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

real question:

teach him the cold hard fact that hitler was a meth addict with a micro penis

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

teach him the cold hard fact that hitler was a meth addict with a micro penis

The student is already 50% Hitler :eyepop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/igd_news/status/1095109236621639680?s=21

Yes hahahahah yes

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I knew a ton of people like this growing up. It's a pretty common phenomenon to learn "slightly" more history than the hyper-simplified (but accurate) narrative and suddenly go whole hog into feeling like your into something cool that everyone else had missed. It's basically the same as knowing nothing about the Civil War and saying it was about slavery, then learning a little and saying it was about state's rights, then learning a lot and saying, "yeah it all comes back to slavery."

German Army apologists tend to run in the same amateur historian crowd of mostly white dudes enamored with lost-cause romanticism and a military boner. The best grow out of it over time as they continue to learn, but many just want the appearance of being wise without the effort, or just want an excuse to defend the indefensible.

Honestly, the best way to dissuade him would be to try to distract him. Don't challenge him head on, offer him some other really obscure thing "normies don't know about" and encourage him to learn more. Lure him away from the Nazi poo poo with accounts of Tito's successful insurgency or the Greek partisans, anything likely to be "new" to him without the Nazi baggage. Sometimes all you can do to keep a cat from being a poo poo is to pull out the laser pointer.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grammarchist posted:

I knew a ton of people like this growing up. It's a pretty common phenomenon to learn "slightly" more history than the hyper-simplified (but accurate) narrative and suddenly go whole hog into feeling like your into something cool that everyone else had missed. It's basically the same as knowing nothing about the Civil War and saying it was about slavery, then learning a little and saying it was about state's rights, then learning a lot and saying, "yeah it all comes back to slavery."

German Army apologists tend to run in the same amateur historian crowd of mostly white dudes enamored with lost-cause romanticism and a military boner. The best grow out of it over time as they continue to learn, but many just want the appearance of being wise without the effort, or just want an excuse to defend the indefensible.

Honestly, the best way to dissuade him would be to try to distract him. Don't challenge him head on, offer him some other really obscure thing "normies don't know about" and encourage him to learn more. Lure him away from the Nazi poo poo with accounts of Tito's successful insurgency or the Greek partisans, anything likely to be "new" to him without the Nazi baggage. Sometimes all you can do to keep a cat from being a poo poo is to pull out the laser pointer.

Teach him about Mad Jack Churchill.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

CommonShore posted:

Teach him about Mad Jack Churchill.

introducing a nazi to the british empire is more of a sidestep rather than an improvement

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Teach him about Tojo and how hitler was down with the Japanese and therefore anime is not diametrically opposed to Nazism

Wait gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DrMatthewSweet/status/1095599994990546944