Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Ben retired tomorrow I bet both Brown and Bell would agree to stay.

bell's all about the money (quite reasonably), and the steelers won't pay him. he doesn't want to get his prime earning years wasted on one-year contracts and dropped like a hot potato the instant the wear and tear adds up, and that's exactly what the steelers want to do to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Ben retired tomorrow I bet both Brown and Bell would agree to stay.

I mean maybe, that giant lumbering shithead is who I'm stuck with since he's the rarest type of skill position player

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I mean maybe, that giant lumbering shithead is who I'm stuck with since he's the rarest type of skill position player

Start Kyle Rudolph.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Thomas will kick around the Patriots and have exactly one game over 100 yards in the playoffs.

Golden Tate won't go to the Patriots because they have no use for a slightly better but more expensive Julian Edelman

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Start Kyle Rudolph.

My last name isn't Rooney. Also, you mean Mason Rudolph

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My name is Mara Rooney and i'm looking for a successful steelers or giants fan to be my boyfriend

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kate Mara > Rooney Mara don't @ me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: the rams got destroyed because of Brian Hoyer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: the rams got destroyed because of Brian Hoyer.

I saw that story too, it’s loving hysterical.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's the best.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
It's loving depressing to think of how many times teams in the Super Bowl have been beaten because they couldn't conceive of the fact that their opponent might be studying what they've done in the past. And while the Raiders/Buccs matchup is probably the most famous, the Pats have done it so many goddamn times that it is beyond frustrating to watch NFC teams just fart their way into a trap.

And I give Belicheck credit, the dude prepares above and beyond for the Super Bowl. And uses lazy rear end NFC coaches' foibles against them incredibly well. The Seahawks' loss comes down to a play that is the only one they run out of a specific formation and throw to a specific target, and the Pats caught it and exploited it at the perfect time. Pederson is probably the only NFC coach to switch things up enough (and be new enough) to throw off the tells. But time after time the Pats come in with an average defense and just shut down the other team's O based on information that the other team should know the Pats have.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If they trade him after some time in June then they don’t get much of a dead cap hit.
Well they do it’s just spread out over multiple years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade

quote:

If the Steelers trade him before that date, they would absorb $21.12 million in dead money on their salary cap. That amount would rise to $23.62 million if Brown is traded after March 17.

Trading Brown after June 1 would allow the Steelers to spread the cap hit over multiple years, according to ESPN's Dan Graziano -- $9.54 million in 2019 and $14.08 million in 2020.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wow they’re kind of hosed.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol. Roethlisberger molesting salary caps instead of women now.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
If the Steelers don't budge and don't trade/cut him, and Brown holds out and doesn't play, are the Steelers on the hook for anything?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Abugadu posted:

It's loving depressing to think of how many times teams in the Super Bowl have been beaten because they couldn't conceive of the fact that their opponent might be studying what they've done in the past. And while the Raiders/Buccs matchup is probably the most famous, the Pats have done it so many goddamn times that it is beyond frustrating to watch NFC teams just fart their way into a trap.

And I give Belicheck credit, the dude prepares above and beyond for the Super Bowl. And uses lazy rear end NFC coaches' foibles against them incredibly well. The Seahawks' loss comes down to a play that is the only one they run out of a specific formation and throw to a specific target, and the Pats caught it and exploited it at the perfect time. Pederson is probably the only NFC coach to switch things up enough (and be new enough) to throw off the tells. But time after time the Pats come in with an average defense and just shut down the other team's O based on information that the other team should know the Pats have.

No. The Seahawks ran multiple looks out of that package, including several run plays. In addition, the pass play the hawks used was never successfully defended by the Pats during the practices. Something like 0/8 times.

Further, given the clock and timeout situation, the hawks had to pass at least once to maximize the number of downs.

The pats got lucky, pure and simple. It was a good play call by Seattle and a great play by the defender. Sometimes pocket aces get snapped, it happens. It doesn’t mean the decision to play pocket aces was wrong.

And that says nothing of the fact that Seattle’s defense was injured and received more injuries over the course of the game. Or the massive pass that was dropped by a Seattle wr a drive or two before. which would have effectively sealed the game.

I do agree with your overall point that BB is, by far, the best coach in the NFL.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
By design the target of that play was a special teams scrub who was one of the LEAST productive offensive players on the team. That was the play they were staking the super bowl on. It was loving stupid.

The fluke was Buter ever catching anything because even at his best he has bricks for hands.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Michael Thomas is a free agent in 2020 and according to SpoTrac his market value is 5 years, $102,331,350 or $20,466,270 per season.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Michael Thomas is gonna get paid.

Unless the Saints decide to trade him to the Pats like they did Cooks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wow they’re kind of hosed.

They're rolling over Bell's cap charge from last year since he never signed his tender, so in theory, it would only be like $6.5 million dead against the league cap. From a cap pressure standpoint, it would probably be better on them to get rid of him before that March bonus kicks in because they may not have a rollover in 2020 to negate the dead money.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'd love to see what Aaron Rodgers could do with AB. AB has been my favorite player for a long time, Bell was too. Been a rough year for my fandom lol

I won my pick of NFL Jersey as part of the prize of a fantasy league I was in last season, and despite being a Steelers fan living close to Pittsburgh I'm still very tempted to wait and just get the AB jersey of whatever team he goes to.

Also I'm sure Ben will stick around just long enough to also antagonize Juju and watch him go off somewhere else before finally retiring.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Michael Thomas is gonna get paid.

Unless the Saints decide to trade him to the Pats like they did Cooks

Doubt that. Mike is a true #1 WR, something Cooks was not.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1095712619707666439

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1095716419201843200

lol Elway

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:lol:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Wait, what the hell was that with the two little people?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Oh hell yeah baby

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Broncos, much like Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, are now ELITE.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You know what? Flacco can still be good. I posit the Ravens offense, OL, and skill position players were so dreadful that Joe just stopped giving a gently caress. Sanders and Lindsay are an instant major upgrade.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The DPI in Mile High

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Denver Flonccos

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They are the Bronccos until further notice

drat u^^

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1095718559806836737?s=20

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Umm, Keenum is a 21 million dollar cap hit this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

So Denver is bringing in Flacco WITHOUT Kubiak.

Huh.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Photoshopped Flacco lookin’ like he just witnessed a zeppelin explosion.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1095719060644548609

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1095721120593072128?s=21

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Didnt their mid season replacement QB get exposed in the post season?

I mean at some point a quarterback has to throw it

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Jesus loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Didnt their mid season replacement QB get exposed in the post season?

I mean at some point a quarterback has to throw it

I think the theory is they didn't ask him to do very much coming in mid-season as a rookie and they're going to ask him to do more in the future with an offseason/preseason working with the ones under his belt.

I don't know if this will work, but I think it's the idea.