Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on the other side of the coin nioh's niot really revving my engine all that much because the amounts of vendor trash sap my will to live but i also don't hate it either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

you realize people can dislike pieces of a videogame and complain about those pieces they dislike without hating the videogame right

like i really want to play celeste because it's reputedly the best 2d platformer since super meat boy and i bet you i'd love the poo poo out of it but it sounds like the story is kind of a jomny sun "remebmer too smile at an sundrop twoday :)" pandering fart

It's not that at all but it's not like. The brothers karamazov or anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

tfw you start grinding to make a really cool looking weapon and then tens of hours later you see what the final form of the weapon looks like and actually, its not that cool

The 4.55 weapons look insanely fugly lol. I need to log on soon to catch up for SB2

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I liked Nioh but didn't finish it because I think it's just too drat long for what's in there. Still looking forward to Nioh 2 though.

Also I don't think Celeste has a great story or anything but I think it gets an unfair read some of the time .

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't care unless it's about Animal Crossing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

It's not that at all but it's not like. The brothers karamazov or anything

oh that's good to know then. more than anything it sounds extremely ignorable and the meat and potatoes is the platforming itself so personally it's right in the ol' cowcaster wheelhouse

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Celeste is the type of game that is extremely not for me. Double Cross was about the closest I'm willing to get to execution heavy challenge platformers, which is to say not very.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

on the other side of the coin nioh's niot really revving my engine all that much because the amounts of vendor trash sap my will to live but i also don't hate it either

Somewhere in the options you can filter out everything below a certain rarity level. You lose out on the materials you'd get from vendoring it all but that's not really a big deal.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

The 4.55 weapons look insanely fugly lol. I need to log on soon to catch up for SB2
its the final punchline to the joke of convincing people to play eureka lol, congratulations on playing our ff11 simulator for 40 hours here's an ugly rear end weapon. at least the pyros weapons are mostly sick looking

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

i heard nothing but people singing the story's praises when it came out but also got the impression it was a lot of "uwu im depwessed but depwession can be suwmounted through the suppowt of youw fwiends and pewsevewance" schmaltz

Not really. It's more about finding that balance of yin and yang within yourself, learning how to harness those emotions that might not typically seem so great at first. Honestly not as schmaltzy as I was expecting it to be, considering the subject matter.

Rad music helps every story.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

Somewhere in the options you can filter out everything below a certain rarity level. You lose out on the materials you'd get from vendoring it all but that's not really a big deal.

eh, there's a few other things about it that are bugging me and keeping me from being truly horned up and loving it, but i've been having a good enough time, especially as a way to tide myself over until sekiro shows up

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Morning all.

My horror buddy is interested in Resident Evil 2, and since she's been housebound following the birth of her child I can use this as a way to both support her and also play a game I've been hungry for all year.

Before I do that, I have to deal with my flooded basement. If the sump pump died again I'm going to be upset, but I don't remember where any of the documentation that came with it is so I can't check to see if I have some sort of guarantee on it. Leaving work early to buy a replacement pump and a back up for the plumber to install. Very excited about it.

Then I stumble through dinner as my wife is out of town, and if I play my cards right I can feed my kid and get him in bed by 7, then make myself a steak and some home fries and watch the Nintendo Direct before playing a few hours of Apex. Very much a mixed bag kind of day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are they gonna show in this Nintendo Direct

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Bayonetta 3, if they know what's good for them. And by them I mean me.

Please show Bayonetta 3.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 died on their way back to their home planets

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Show Animal Crossing or endure a whirlwind of slaps, Reggie!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

fire emblem

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

you realize people can dislike pieces of a videogame and complain about those pieces they dislike without hating the videogame right

:yeah:

I tend to post the most criticism about games I really like because those are the ones I play a lot and the ones I care enough to think about a lot.

Help Im Alive posted:

They specifically mentioned they'd have details about Fire Emblem: Three Houses but I don't know if anything else is actually confirmed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Fire emblem, probably some indie stuff (maybe the first look at the new Celeste levels?), and maybe a surprise

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Fire emblem, probably some indie stuff (maybe the first look at the new Celeste levels?), and maybe a surprise

The surprise is even more fire emblem

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Give me Mario Maker

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

homeless snail posted:

Even when he's off social media, deadmau5 can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth. During a public Twitch live stream of a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) group match, the Canadian DJ/producer used language that some have deemed homophobic.

In a clip from the live stream on Twitch user SmaceTRON's channel, deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) appears to be frustrated over another player "stream sniping" - meaning that they watched his screen to find his location and relay it to their team member. "Is that some loving cock-sucking stream sniper f**," he says during his outburst.

Heated DJ Moment

theyre just gamer words, and,

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

directs usually have like a dozen things in them so idk. there'll be like 5-10 minutes of fire emblem if that's the spotlight game. most of the rumors i've seen are for dragon quest stuff and the retro studios star fox game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

even more impressive than usual that he was able to get his foot in his mouth when he's always wearing that dumbass mask

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

new Celeste levels

hell yeah wasn't expecting this

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

The surprise is even more fire emblem

Edelgard is being announced for smash today. I have it on good authority (a made up man).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The surprise will be a new Zelda game, where you play as Zelda.

Alternately, a teaser for a new F-Zero.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Really hoping to see gameplay details for Joker in Smash Bros but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Alternately, a teaser for a new F-Zero.

Is that like a Smash spinoff or something

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
F-Zelda

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm holding out for Joker + Persona 5 Switcheroo edition

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm holding out for Joker + Persona 5 Switcheroo edition

You should hope for switch ports of good games, like Xenoblade X.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What do the regulars that always release fake leaks on NeoGAF and Twitter have to say about todays Nintendo Direct?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

chumbler posted:

This game sucks though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

What do the regulars that always release fake leaks on NeoGAF and Twitter have to say about todays Nintendo Direct?

Fire emblem as far as the eye can see

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/13/platinum-games-ceo-chats-with-hajime-tabata-wants-to-bring-the-wonderful-101-to-switch/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

that it happened a couple weeks ago

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

we bring you wonderful 101 via the guy who added the same number of updates to FFXV

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
when P5 comes to Switch I will play it, again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hype for the devils third port