Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Because clearly the problem with the first motorcycle was that it WASN'T powerful enough, and that's why he wrecked it. :rolleyes: It's like a bottomless hole of stupidity.

Thanks for filling in the details; I knew I wasn't quite all the way there. :hfive:

Neither is he, anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
LOL, remember when this guy was a mod for a hot minute:

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1095539674569949184

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What the gently caress is a stream sniper?
Does he hijack the feed and go BaBaBooey?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL, remember when this guy was a mod for a hot minute

don't sign ur posts

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL, remember when this guy was a mod for a hot minute:

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1095539674569949184

yeah he banned me

ima celebrity too now

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Snow Cone Capone posted:

don't sign ur posts

Now, now, D&D had to suffer my modship for a year and half, while :deadmau5: was a mod for a couple of days before he was probated and then demodded.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FilthyImp posted:

I think its an issue because you're playing a game on your channel and people chat with you and donate money. But then I set up screen capture software to record your stream and then stream THAT on my channel. Now people that should be in your channel are in mine, thinking I am you. I am in the chat playing the part, nobody knows otherwise. they are also donating money to me that would have otherwise went to you.

pretty sure it's that. digital cosplay

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Now, now, D&D had to suffer my modship for a year and half, while :deadmau5: was a mod for a couple of days before he was probated and then demodded.

a couple of hours not days

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FilthyImp posted:

Its even dumber than that.

Its someone who watches the stream and uses that information to kill the streamer in the game.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

a couple of hours not days

Speaking of being mod of GBS for a couple of hours, remember when El Spider got modded despite never actually posting in GBS (I think he lurked QCS and was in the right place at the right time)? He didn't get the sarcastic tone and probated Applewhite (a decent content poster) for saying something like "kill all dogs to protect the children."

Then, when El Spider was probated, he figured out that the only way to communicate was in the "reason" text on people's rap sheets, so he probed a bunch of people and left desperate screeds begging to be un-probated.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Drunk Nerds posted:

Speaking of being mod of GBS for a couple of hours, remember when El Spider got modded despite never actually posting in GBS (I think he lurked QCS and was in the right place at the right time)? He didn't get the sarcastic tone and probated Applewhite (a decent content poster) for saying something like "kill all dogs to protect the children."

Then, when El Spider was probated, he figured out that the only way to communicate was in the "reason" text on people's rap sheets, so he probed a bunch of people and left desperate screeds begging to be un-probated.

Ah, good times.

There was also the few hours/days when Windows98 was modded even though everyone told the admins it was a bad idea and a bunch of us mods started getting weird protest avs bought for us.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ah, good times.

There was also the few hours/days when Windows98 was modded even though everyone told the admins it was a bad idea and a bunch of us mods started getting weird protest avs bought for us.

lol yeah

and literally a bird called that doxxing

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

he wasn't the only mod that gbs has had who didn't post there, don't know why people think it's a good idea

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

he wasn't the only mod that gbs has had who didn't post there, don't know why people think it's a good idea

I suspect there's not a long line of sane people applying to moderate one of the most angry and sarcastic places on the internet

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Hogge, every time I see your av I think you've been probed again. I don't know who gave it to you but it's loving brilliant.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Drunk Nerds posted:

I suspect there's not a long line of sane people applying to moderate one of the most angry and sarcastic places on the internet

yeah, applewhite was modded because people said that they wanted him to be a mod, and then lowtax made him one. applewhite didn't want to be one so he pmed lowtax and was demodded after a few hours

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Hogge, every time I see your av I think you've been probed again. I don't know who gave it to you but it's loving brilliant.

haha, i like it too :)

it was someone in byob, come say hi: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765007 :justpost:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bring back old gbs posted:

I think its an issue because you're playing a game on your channel and people chat with you and donate money. But then I set up screen capture software to record your stream and then stream THAT on my channel. Now people that should be in your channel are in mine, thinking I am you. I am in the chat playing the part, nobody knows otherwise. they are also donating money to me that would have otherwise went to you.

pretty sure it's that. digital cosplay

That is not it.
Stream sniping is when you queue up in a game with a popular streamer (either by accident, or specifically jump lobbies to find them or whatever), and then watch their stream to know what they are doing in the game to gain some advantage, and utterly destroy them. That's it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

That is not it.
Stream sniping is when you queue up in a game with a popular streamer (either by accident, or specifically jump lobbies to find them or whatever), and then watch their stream to know what they are doing in the game to gain some advantage, and utterly destroy them. That's it.

Sounds like a valid strategy :shrug: I mean if you broadcast your position in a combat situation in IRL life, some dude is going to carpet-bomb your dumb-rear end rear end.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

That is not it.

that just sounds fun

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sounds like a valid strategy :shrug: I mean if you broadcast your position in a combat situation in IRL life, some dude is going to carpet-bomb your dumb-rear end rear end.

Gotta step up your game of using real tactics for video games: use the broadcast to figure out where they live and send some goons to break their computer. Win by default.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Gotta step up your game of using real tactics for video games: use the broadcast to figure out where they live and send some goons to break their computer. Win by default.

I already know where they live: in a society.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

HEATED GAMER MOMENTS!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bear Enthusiast posted:

That also already exists. Google swatting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Applewhite (a decent content poster)

That guy needs to be probated 24/7 so congrats el spider on his one si ngle good action

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zore posted:

Its someone who watches the stream and uses that information to kill the streamer in the game.
Hah. That's the poo poo we used to do in crowded Cyber Cafés while playing Counter-Strike

VvV
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
If you aint trolling your friends while playing, you aint real gamerbro friends

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Feb 13, 2019

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s what my friends and I used to do playing Goldeneye, but there was always the risk of getting punched in the dick when you did it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zore posted:

Wrong, that's actually kinda funny and beneficial to society. Then again, I think video game streamers are incredibly dumb and should be mocked so YMMV.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wrong, that's actually kinda funny and beneficial to society. Then again, I think video game streamers are incredibly dumb and should be mocked so YMMV.

extremely :same:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pimblor posted:

extremely :same:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hogge Wild posted:

lol yeah

I'm not sure to what you are referring, but it has already been established you and I haven't recently seen eye-to-eye.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
birds fly though thats not quite fair

im not that tall :smithfrog:

did the chain probations stop?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

birds fly though thats not quite fair

im not that tall :smithfrog:

did the chain probations stop?

it was on yesterday i think

they rotate ik's and i'm assuming that's what that is so it may stop eventually

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh. :smithfrog:

that was funny

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Paladinus posted:

That also already exists. Google swatting.

Oh hey that's right, and you don't even need to use your own goons.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bring back old gbs posted:

that just sounds fun
it's a lot of fun because people get so angry about it they use hateful slurs to describe you despite totally not even being that kind of person.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:ohdear: did they call you a goon?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

hateful slurs

What you mean gamer words? The kind that come out during gamer incidents?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin posted:

What you mean gamer words? The kind that come out during gamer incidents?

The kind of word that you hear a gamer use, because they're racist edgelords.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

lol yeah

I don't remember that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

jobson groeth posted:

The kind of word that you hear a gamer use, because they're racist edgelords.

That sounds really judgmental of gamer culture, also known as The Most Oppressed Culture On Earth.