Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Fuckin love the Villa me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Leeds equalised 11 minutes into 12 minutes of stoppage time :eyepop:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jack Clarke got the wrong blood bag before the match.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
drat what a result for Norwich, lovely treat to get home and see that score!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It went quite well, I feel

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lmao lambert

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Young Freddie Sears is 29 bloody hell where does the time go?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We all hate Leeds but Leeds fans all hate Matt Grimes.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Preston turning over Norwich? Leeds winning?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Support Bristol thx

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

A good nights results, but wish Boro had managed to get a point

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

In other news, Paul Heckingbottom has decided to complete his tour of abject failure in Edinburgh. I think this tweet says more about Barnsley AND Scottish Football than it does Heckinbottom.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/LUFC_Goals/status/1095790451108401152

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Potter out imo.

Half the team playing out of position again. He's a clown when he tries to be clever.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Looke posted:

Support Bristol thx

Since I live here I'd like to see Bristol go up, but on the other hand City were proper poo poo on Tuesday and QPR should have beaten them, and probably would have if McLaren hadn't decided to start playing for a draw when we were 50 minutes in and 1-0 up.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oh lord Villa are some utter shite

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
https://twitter.com/AngryAnderton/status/1096796318809223168

Buendia's run here is ridiculous, he starts it before McClean even has the ball

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Where's MeatWagon? Norwich missed our 6th penalty of the season today. Stoke will never take our title.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

Where's MeatWagon? Norwich missed our 6th penalty of the season today. Stoke will never take our title.

Too busy gifting your neighbours a point. Not like Norwich need penalties to score goals unlike our team of wankers. I loving hate football.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

How Swansea City went from model club to desperate cautionary tale

Guardian in article about lower league football shocker.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stuart James is very good at echoing the prevailing opinion of our fans without offering any real insight of his own. Here's something an idiot wrote on another site in response (it was me).

quote:

The only issue I have with the article is when he says "Sixteen senior players have left and only five have arrived. When the summer transfer window closed, Potter was left with one senior central defender after two were sold on deadline day."

Entirely factual and accurate but only half the story. Our senior squad was huge, far beyond what was required. Some of the players who departed weren't at the club in the back end of last season (Amat, Mesa, Baston), or were simply not playing (Rangel, Britton, Bartley).

The "one senior central defender issue" was a special case. No such shortages elsewhere on the pitch, and most of the 17,357 minutes played by players aged 23 and under have been awarded on merit - Roberts over Naughton, Grimes over Carroll. McBurnie is a reliable goalscorer in this division. Dan James started the season not feeling like a part of the squad, and but for Potter's deliberate exclusions of experienced positional rivals Routledge, Dyer and Narsingh, might not have seen any gametime after the league cup game at Palace, but for his obvious ability.

The club spent a lot of time and money to have a strong and successful "non-senior" side with players ready to support the club in the event of relegation (as Huw said numerous times over the years). It's easy to paint a picture of kids being thrown to the wolves by uncaring owners, and no hands available at the pumps on a sinking ship, but that's not what has happened, and it hasn't taken hindsight to realise it, either.

But Stuart James knows all that. He's not written it the way he has by accident. A picture paints a thousand words, but 25 words can also paint a pretty grim picture.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

£200k fine for Leeds United for spying and they had to pledge to follow a new rule, where all training sessions within 72 hours of a game are private.

worth it just to see Lampard squirm, imo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Insane that they could be fined for breaking a rule that didn't exist yet.

Same as Birmingham falling foul of FFP rules for offences they committed before the rules changed.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It’s good

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It is in fact very bad. No rule against it so it should be fine

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The football league is corrupt

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TelekineticBear! posted:

The football league is corrupt

No Bielsa's allowed

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i think ots nuts that we have a billionaire owner and he isnt allowed to buy loads of players to get us promioted and nowe he watns to sell the club basically

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Breath Ray posted:

i think ots nuts that we have a billionaire owner and he isnt allowed to buy loads of players to get us promioted and nowe he watns to sell the club basically

You're supposed to buy them anyway and pay the fines when you're in the PL, like Bournemouth did.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
we cant ! we have a transfer embargo now and cant buy anyone. lukily sgeve bruce doesnt need good plauers to goalless draw our way to the top of the pile

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucks sake Breath Ray, learn how to type.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

You're supposed to buy them anyway and pay the fines when you're in the PL, like Bournemouth did.

Plucky Bournemouth

mang
Jul 21, 2015
lucky rear end goal for leeds maybe this is the year they go up

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What a load of loving poo poo.

Potter out.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Sheff Utd WBA draw now would be lovely

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

7 game losing streak lol

McLaren out

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Corrode posted:

7 game losing streak lol

McLaren out

no shame in losing to john obi mikels boys

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

sassassin posted:

What a load of loving poo poo.

Potter out.

cant believe we are level on points with you

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Corrode posted:

7 game losing streak lol

McLaren out

How does he keep getting jobs it’s unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

How does he keep getting jobs it’s unreal

He must interview really well.

He was good at one point and then it all unraveled after his stint as England boss. He probably should have stayed at Twente for a while after that league championship instead of hopping all over the place. Who knows how much players actually respect the guy now.