Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crackdown 3 has been in development for like 9 years. Never thought I would see this game actually come out. I remember it originally being announced for Xbox 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MMF Freeway posted:

Sorry um which part of the anime girl is the bap?

It's that Halle Berry movie with that terrible tagline "These Pretty Women.... are Clueless!" because they didn't know what movie they wanted to reference.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
unrelated to all of this, I was randomly in an anime mood and started and anime and it seems very anime and I can't tell if I like it or if it's awful or both yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sam Faust posted:

I feel like saying "Throw Every Car" would have been noteworthy in like 2005 or so.

Hulk Ultimate Destruction came out in like 2003

E: 2005!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/gamasutra/status/1095778385261817857

axelblaze posted:

unrelated to all of this, I was randomly in an anime mood and started and anime and it seems very anime and I can't tell if I like it or if it's awful or both yet.

what anime are you watching

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it's baki it's ok

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axelblaze posted:

Which one?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Phantasium posted:

Radical Heights would put you on a list

It would be more like this

but lower

axelblaze posted:

What anime

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's actually great to hear. It kind of just disappeared.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad. I enjoyed it despite some flaws and look forward to the dlc (though at least one is just an arena). Mid tier games being successful is a good thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But is it hobby grade

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Hulk Ultimate Destruction came out in like 2003

E: 2005!

It was 2005. Tbh, I specifically checked the date for that game before posting.

edit: I didn't notice the edit and now I look foolish.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Darksiders 3 kind of passed me by but I eventually want to try it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

That's actually great to hear. It kind of just disappeared into my recycle bin cause its meh as heck

:yeah:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean I could just tell you what anime I'm watching or you could guess, bringing up things so horrible that when it's revealed I'm watching The Seven Deadly Sins, it will be disappointing.

Trying to determine if this is good or just liked because it has an adorable pig and a giant Waifu

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

baki's not horrible, it's ok

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

axelblaze posted:

I mean I could just tell you what anime I'm watching or you could guess, bringing up things so horrible that when it's revealed I'm watching The Seven Deadly Sins, it will be disappointing.

Trying to determine if this is good or just liked because it has an adorable pig and a giant Waifu

i've heard the seven deadly sins is alright, not amazing but it's pretty inoffensive and the character designs are decent

my anime recommendation for this season for people who don't watch a ton of anime and who aren't obsessed with jojo is mob psycho. the first season of mob psycho was pretty cool, the second season's been airing and been pretty solid too so far

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well all of 4 people are playing Team Fortress 2 on PS3 these days so I guess I'm moving on to the next game on my list, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction! :toot:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

remember the insane fake crackdown stuff where they claimed every single player's game would be powered by ten microsoft servers at once

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i seem to be developing a really long throttling cough

Cowcaster posted:

baki's not horrible, it's ok

would probably have been more interesting to me if the adaptation wasn't from some random arc, and only the first half on netflix, and also random bad cg everywhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

axelblaze posted:

I fell off that manga relatively early on and haven't watched the anime. The author's previous manga Kongou Banchou rules though and you should read it. It's a travesty that it has no anime.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the only anime i've watched in ages was one punch man but it was funny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Mob psycho is the same thing but cooler

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

would probably have been more interesting to me if the adaptation wasn't from some random arc, and only the first half on netflix, and also random bad cg everywhere

yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I seriously expected this game to bomb hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo Direct in 1 1/2 hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0rZguK7EU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

It was probably pretty cheap to make

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Mob psycho is the same thing but cooler

I don't like that thing where there's like the obvious lying manipulative guy who the protagonist doesn't see through ever. I realize that happens in real life but it's just not a thing I want a story about :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

It didn't have a bloated AAA budget and didn't need to sell 10 million copies to break even :monocle:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

bad news, one punch man season 2 probably isn't gonna be as good cause its production has been real weird and none of the staff from season 1 are returning

good news, mob psycho is the same writer and while season 1 kinda has a couple weak episodes early on it's got a stronger narrative core than opm while also still being pretty funny

I don't like that thing where there's like the obvious lying manipulative guy who the protagonist doesn't see through ever. I realize that happens in real life but it's just not a thing I want a story about :shrug:

well. reigen gets a lot of actually pretty interesting development in s1 and s2 is kind of about mob learning to detach himself from reigen and live on his own

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

It was probably pretty cheap to make

I imagine they saved a lot on marketing as well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think there's definitely a market for people who wanna play an 8-10 hour action game and be done with it that isn't really being catered to in the B-tier space right now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if every fight in baki was as good as the fight between spec and kaoru hanayama it may have surpassed even jojo in my eyes but unfortunately 95% of everything else is guys spending 10 minutes monologuing about their super secret technique and how it was used to fake the moon landing by ancient aztec scientists before immediately getting instagibbed by the other guy's super secret technique developed on the african savannah in order to eat dinosaurs which he also explains over a 15 minute monologue

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

That racing minigame in Travis Strikes Back is really lame, I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do even after reading the tutorial multiple times.

At least it got me listening to the No More Heroes soundtrack again. It's still good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the current two-parter in mob psycho is kinda cool because it's specifically about, mob realizing that reigen kinda bullshits a lot and deciding he'd probably be happier if he lived his own life, and reigen realizing in mob's absence that his own life is kind of empty and aimless. so the show does, actually change up their dynamic a lot

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also for a thing called baki there's very little baki in it and most of his time is spent making those anime gasp/grunting noises along with his girlfriend One Dimensional Love Interest while all they do is walk around japan

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

also for a thing called baki there's very little baki in it and most of his time is spent making those anime gasp/grunting noises along with his girlfriend One Dimensional Love Interest while all they do is walk around japan

knowing nothing about the character all i see is "oh you immediately hung out with your girlfriend after they declared there's a tournament where you guys can be ambushed at any time, what a loving moron"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

GUI posted:

That racing minigame in Travis Strikes Back is really lame, I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do even after reading the tutorial multiple times.

At least it got me listening to the No More Heroes soundtrack again. It's still good.

Hold down accelerate, when the RPMs are close to maxing out you hold down the clutch and move the selected gear from 1 to 2 and release clutch and repeat until you're at top gear then use the boost and you'll win.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Andrast posted:

More shonen needs do it like Dragon ball and have the main character get married and have kids (and grandkids!)

Jojo works too
Goku got married on a misunderstanding, spent most of his time away from his wife and was the shittiest dad ever. Like, the only good part of his parenting is that he left the task of raising his son to Piccolo and that wasn't planned anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

axelblaze posted:

I don't really watch endless shonen anymore(or anything else, to be fair) but everything I've seen is either some characters using their Limit Breaks and trying to be cool or the giant waifu so you're at least halfway there.