Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chev posted:

Goku got married on a misunderstanding, spent most of his time away from his wife and was the shittiest dad ever. Like, the only good part of his parenting is that he left the task of raising his son to Piccolo and that wasn't planned anyway.

Yeah dragon ball is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, Tools of Destruction is so drat pretty. The cartoony visuals pop off the screen so well. It's amazing how good they look compared to the brown and bloom-ridden messes I've played so much of. And I forgot how funny this franchise is! I'm hype that I get to come off Portal to something else that will give me a giggle. Grinding rails is as fun as I remember it. Here's hoping I don't get stalled out by having to do grind out screws like I did during the first game!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

usually the february nintendo direct is "here's one thing for the end of the year and the rest is our lineup for the first half of the year" and then E3 covers the second half and new year stuff

i want a new pushmo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Vegeta has family dinners EVERY NIGHT and if you AREN'T AT FAMILY DINNER you will be ANNIHILATED!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Vegeta has family dinners EVERY NIGHT and if you AREN'T AT FAMILY DINNER you will be ANNIHILATED!

sent to ANOTHER DIMENSION without meatloaf

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Dammit F-Zero GX announcer stop saying retard when I crash off course :mad:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

apex legends of zeldas

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
l'll give Seven Deadly Sins some more time, but yeah, it's fairly average other than the cute pig, who is very cute and the giant Waifu, who seems like an excellent Waifu if I can judge these sorts of things. Still, it's not terrible and the perviness is relatively mild.

While I was on Netflix I also watched an episode of Little Witch Academy and it seemed way better, so maybe I'll just watch that.

I honestly have a ton of anime watching options if I wanna watch some anime though. I got Netflix and Prime, a friend's Crunchyroll account and I just subscribed to funimation so I can watch Nichijou (which I really like a lot so far), so really anything I should be watching that's on any of those, let me know because I haven't been in an anime mood in *checks watch* 20 years??? So might as well lean into this if I have the options.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'd love another top-down zelda but after BOTW i feel like the only way we'd get a top-down zelda again is if they mindbogglingly put it on the 3DS or put it on mobile and design it like Phantom Hourglass

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

A Zelda that is 2D and top-down in mobile mode and 3D behind the back in docked-mode.

I know it would never happen but I think it would be really cool to see Nintendo attempt that.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I would like to play as Zelda, in Zelda.

A curse on you if you try to link me to an existing game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

A Zelda that is 2D and top-down in mobile mode and 3D behind the back in docked-mode.

I know it would never happen but I think it would be really cool to see Nintendo attempt that.

That would be really lame. Gameplay should be as closely matched between handheld and docked as possible.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just want Mario Maker 2 announced and I'd prefer for them to do a bunch with it, but I guess they don't actually need to. With Media Molocule going all in on making a powerful but not easy to make playable stuff with tool, I need the Nintendo version that takes out everything until they're left with a level creator that's hard to gently caress up and the best for what it is outside of actual rom hacking and programing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

chumbler posted:

That would be really lame. Gameplay should be as closely matched between handheld and docked as possible.

It would be though. The only thing that would change is perspective.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axelblaze posted:

l'll give Seven Deadly Sins some more time, but yeah, it's fairly average other than the cute pig, who is very cute and the giant Waifu, who seems like an excellent Waifu if I can judge these sorts of things. Still, it's not terrible and the perviness is relatively mild.

While I was on Netflix I also watched an episode of Little Witch Academy and it seemed way better, so maybe I'll just watch that.

I honestly have a ton of anime watching options if I wanna watch some anime though. I got Netflix and Prime, a friend's Crunchyroll account and I just subscribed to funimation so I can watch Nichijou (which I really like a lot so far), so really anything I should be watching that's on any of those, let me know because I haven't been in an anime mood in *checks watch* 20 years??? So might as well lean into this if I have the options.

i think you could watch literally anything besides goblin slayer and shield hero and be fine. just... stay far away from those two

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

I would like to play as Zelda, in Zelda.

A curse on you if you try to link me to an existing game.

yeah spirit tracks ruled

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

axelblaze posted:

I like dumb funny stuff like Nichijou so maybe Zetsubou Sensei, Yuru Yuri, Konosuba, Teekyu, Gintama

Someone in the thread once recommended A Place Further Than The Universe which I put on my watchlist and promptly left it there unwatched, but it looks good.

Or if you want some sad stuff, Texhnolyze, Plastic Memories, Angel Beats!(Sad also because it should've had twice as many episodes and it shows), The Flowers of Evil(I read the manga), Colorful(It's a movie)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

It would be though. The only thing that would change is perspective.

That would be really dumb

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axelblaze posted:

I mean you listed pretty much all the things other than HIDIVE (which is also part of VRV) so you have a wealth of options

But it comes down to what genre you're into.

Parasyte is a slick sci-fi horror comedy about a guy who absorbs an alien parasite that lives in his hand and the two fight other parasites
The first Rage of Bahamut is like a Jerry Bruckheimer rollicking action anime but in fantasy land (it literally starts with a duel on a giant spinning wheel like that one Pirates movie)
Rokka is a fantasy show fakeout that turns into a locked-room mystery for the rest of the season
Kaiji is an intense gambling show about high-stakes games pitting the poor against each other, with lots of men crying and fever dream visual metaphors
Death Parade is an unorthodox procedural about people who arrive in the afterlife and their fates are decided by playing parlor games which bring back their memories
Nozaki-kun is a comedic satire of shoujo anime and a very cute show in general. If you've ever seen the "recently we've been standing on boxes" meme, it's from this
and speaking of cute, Barakamon is maybe the cutest slice of life show ever. a jackass big city calligrapher is forced to live in the country with quirky and adorable characters
If you want regular-rear end fluffy shoujo, Snow White in the Red Hair is a great one that has a fully independent woman striving to make her own way, and in terms of romance builds a healthy relationship built on trust
Slayers is a D&D campaign full of idiots, and there's a lot of it
ACCA is a slow burn political intrigue show where characters might be enjoying a pastry and a cigarette while talking about government conspiracy. also has magical travelogue elements to it

let's see what else. also watch Patlabor the Movie if it's still on crunchyroll. the genius party movies have some interesting stuff. Patema Inverted is a perfectly competent and solid movie

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Andrast posted:

That would be really dumb

why

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Why would they make the game only change when it's docked/undocked instead of straight up having the theme be that you can change perspectives, like Super Paper Mario but good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Watch Himote House because it's good and I don't gotta explain poo poo.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what if you wanted to play in the handheld perspective but you're docked. also youre basically making two different games at that point because some things are going to work better in one than the other. its a pretty fuckin bad idea

Samuringa posted:

Why would they make the game only change when it's docked/undocked instead of straight up having the theme be that you can change perspectives, like Super Paper Mario but good.
and they'll call it link between worlds

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Sure, that works too. I just like the gimmick of having it be tied to docked/undocked because it's a cool representation of Nintendo's console/portable Zelda history (although the original 2D Zelda titles weren't portable so it's more my own nostalgia talking)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah spirit tracks ruled

Agreed. While I personally would love a BotW 2 I hope their takeaway is to be more experimental with the series.

Also the only major Zelda game I haven't beaten is Minish Cap so I should so it someday

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Sure, that works too. I just like the gimmick of having it be tied to docked/undocked because it's a cool representation of Nintendo's console/portable Zelda history (although the original 2D Zelda titles weren't portable so it's more my own nostalgia talking)

I never want to dock my switch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mario maker 2... its real...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

first thing is mario maker, gently caress yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo we were just joking about Mario Maker 2 and here it is real.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa posted:

Someone in the thread once recommended A Place Further Than The Universe which I put on my watchlist and promptly left it there unwatched, but it looks good.

it's a cool show, director is a lady who doesn't actually watch a lot of anime herself so it's got a pretty easy appeal if you're just jumping in and it's a pretty strong character drama in general

i'd also rec sound! euphonium for a similar-ish drama thing also done by a female director

i'll also rec blood blockade battlefront and kyousougiga as pretty solid, stylish action shows with cool character writing directed by a lady who got her start storyboarding for magical girl anime. bbb's even an adaptation of a manga from the trigun guy, so if you like that it's got some stylistic similarities in places

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
ITS FINALLY HERE

MARIO MAKER 2

I'M ECSTATIC

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Mario Maker isn't a surprise, it'd be a gigantic waste if the only iteration was on a loving wii u lmao. Show me a new Pikmin you cowards, and FF8.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

box it up together

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Mario Maker isn't a surprise, it'd be a gigantic waste if the only iteration was on a loving wii u lmao. Show me a new Pikmin you cowards, and FF8.

Pikmin 4 has been done for years according to miyamoto it's just a matter of scheduling

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I agree, springtime is the Time to Smash

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I guess if you care, this is my brief history with anime and what I've liked and the context in hwich I am now looking for some anime to watch.

I got into anime when I was young and I was shown robot anime whose name I'm completely blanking and was taken by it and watched a few more things they had (Riding Bean, Mermaid Forest). Anime at the time was both really expensive (like $30-50 for a VHS with a handful of episodes) and hard to find, so I focused on Manga because it was cheaper and it was slightly easier to find. In that time I got really into Ranma, Lum, Battle Angel, Parasyte, Gunsmith Cats,The DIrty Pair (though it was the American version) and stuff a bunch of stuff I can't even remember with the occasional anime thrown in like Tenchi, El Hazard and Dragon Half (which only had the one video anyways). Still, after awhile the quality was too hard to determine up front and it was so expensive and so hard to find that I just gave up.

Then like later that year Pokemon becamse huge an anime was was plentiful and everywhere but I just didn't care anymore. Literally did not watch anything outside of a Miyazaki movie for years. At one point I was convinced to check out Berserk and I loved it but also hated it because the anime ends at like the worst point. I still didn't hook me and the fact that I didn't really care for a ton of the classics I was occasionally checking out (Akira, FLCL, NGE, Paprika) didn't help.

Then I saw a clip of Panty and Stocking and was interested in how loving weird it looked so I checked it out, and while it certainly had some pretty terrible episodes, I enjoyed how crazy and trollish it was. Later I got Pirate Warriors 2 for $10 and enjoyed it more than any other Musou game I had ever played, so I checked out the manga and liked it but lost interest after it just went on and on and on and on (will probably jump back in after a few years).

Recently I've decided to just say "gently caress it" and try more of these series out. Still haven't watched a ton but Chi's Sweet Home is the best, Pop Team Epic was crazy, In general my tastes go more towards the absurd and/or horrifying with a mood of being deeply unsettling, really silly and absurd, or both.

Man, I just wrote way WAY too much about anime. Sorry about that!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also while I was writing that we got Mario Maker 2 so :woop:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am looking forward to Dragon Quest Builders 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you liked Chi's Sweet Home then watch the currently running My Roommate Is a Cat. Note that it might get you a bit teary eyed.