Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tetris 99 is the goal that video games has been working to since the industry began. All hail Tetris 99 :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spring Break My Heart posted:

FF8 isn't on PlayStation4 either, and I'm not quite sure what the issue is if they were willing to port the PC version of 7 to consoles.

https://twitter.com/gimmethefife/status/1040391408526520321

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm glad they finally just went and made Fire Emblem a Princess Maker game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Internet Kraken posted:

I dunno, I can't really be optimistic with anything about that game's writing.

I mean on paper, Fates doesn't sound like its story concept is terrible either but we all know how they managed to botch that.

probably because its development was messy cause game development gets really weird and messy and fire emblem is a series that is not unfamiliar with having that happen

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That was a 10/10 Direct, to be clear.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It got lost in the shuffle but the new Platinum Game does look extremely rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmmV3g4qqo

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Motto posted:

the animated zelda bits looked too anime to me

Real talk Link's Awakening is anime as hell.

The graphics look a lot like the chibi sequences from DX which I'm positive was intentional and it looks cute as hell I hope all the naysayers get their eyes checked.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

an actual dog posted:

i like the dog

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tetris battle royale is really loving good lol

it loads instantly, and you press the button and you're immediately in a game, and its just complete chaos while also being a pretty good game of tetris

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean on paper, Fates doesn't sound like its story concept is terrible either but we all know how they managed to botch that.
A lot of Fates's issues are tied into things that this game already probably doesn't have. Kids probably won't exist, we already know there won't be three versions, stuff like that was a huge part of the reason Fates was so bad.

This game's plot could still be bad, mind, but there's no reason to expect it to be as bad as Fates was.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is doing a t-spin anything like doing the carlton

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Monkey Fracas posted:

New Platinum game looks sick

And I wonder how bad the FF9 remaster will be; does Square Care?

apparently it costs 21 european fols so they don't care as long as you give them a lot of money for a twenty year old game

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I love that Yoshi is wearing a Labo box like one of those depression era comedians would wear a barrel on suspenders

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello, KCB and I are watching the nintendo direct and the rune factory 4 special and rune factory 5 announcement came on and now I'm deaf from all of the excited screaming she was doing, hello.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm doing it, I'm downloading the Tetris BR and becoming a Grandmaster.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

got second place but my board had too much junk on it to put up a fight for first... like any proper br random chance plays a big part, depending on how many people target you + how good they are

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

fe4 had a scene in which a 15 year old insists she cant be a kid because of her huge boobs

the horniness of that line was exaggerated in the original fan translation

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

you don't say

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

the basic gag is the same either way though, its just 'do you think a kid could look this good' or whatever in the original jp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super mario maker 2 ftw

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

don't come to big bap town if you're not going to talk about some big baps, friend

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
FE4 is the only one that captures the feeling of army vs. army combat and I like it a lot.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is that lil' game the original creator of Fire Emblam made that's being translated into English for sale going to have bad things in it?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

No joke, at first I thought it was a warfame spinoff based on the artstyle of the enemies, then I thought it was a tokusatsu game until the devices summoned other warframe-esqe beasts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Forget KH3 and RE2
Tetris 99 is now GOTY

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Bless the wise, gallant soul who attributed the uninspired nature of BRs to shooters, and Tetris 99, welcome.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how in Astral Blade the boy has full clothing but the girl has random tactical shorts.

Good design!

That's completely in line with the toku shows that games seems to emulate.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have been wanting somebody to make a BR game that wasn't just a bad shooter, and it's finally here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh I see they added Zelda II to the Nintendo Online Service.

I will amend my previous post to "I am glad that there will soon be two Zelda games better than BOTW on the Switch"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Roth posted:

I have been wanting somebody to make a BR game that wasn't just a bad shooter, and it's finally here.

Battlerite BR sort of counts. It's still mostly a shooter, but from a different perspective.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would someone want to play Tetris in 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Didn't cyanide and happiness make a BR that was a bad twinstick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I'll continue to play tetris until someone makes a game that is better than tetris

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm bummed that it takes place in anime combat high school, the most common and also worst anime stock setting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Yes, why would someone want to play the best game of all time

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Made it to the top 10 in T99 and then the speed just went crazy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is that lil' game the original creator of Fire Emblam made that's being translated into English for sale going to have bad things in it?

it definitely has an interesting final map

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Roth posted:

speed as a metaphor for circle size, is really good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Roth posted:

sounds like an ARIKA tetris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

boy you just really like posting really dumb stuff don't you.