Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

is final fantasy nine good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yes.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

If you can look at Puyo Puyo and think "this is creepy" you need to take a hard look at why that's the first thing your brain went to.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm creeped out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FF9's main issue is being slow af (as in the actual combat/animation speed), but the switch version should have the speedups from newer ports.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1095826927095558146

homeless snail posted:

I'm creeped out

God drat this horny thread

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is this stupid thing ever going to get a price drop?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I know it's being used by an enemy, but please let the car mean I'll be able to make a minecart-like level :pray:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

is final fantasy nine good?

the best one
i know people say that on every ff basically but its my favorite

i got 5th in my first Tetris BR and theres no way im ever gonna place first

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Star Man posted:

Is this stupid thing ever going to get a price drop?

ya, when you drop the cash to buy it full price

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Alright then, I’m looking for titles for the Super Mario Maker 2 thread, Switch friends.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Alright then, I’m looking for titles for the Super Mario Maker 2 thread, Switch friends.

Super Mario Makest

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Demon x Machina froze on me already.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
got 1st place in player unknown's tetris battleground on my 2nd game

6th
1st
5th
2nd
3rd
2nd

vOv

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'll buy Mario Maker and Link's Adventure.

That being said, I was really wanting Mario Bros. 2 content in MM and while I love the Link's Awakening style, the hand-drawn cutscene set my expectations in a really poor place than what came next. The contrast is not different than Spaceworld2000 demo -> WindWaker, despite the latter being my favorite Zelda.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I guess the only thing is that equipment is f important in that it teaches your characters skills and stuff so you should stockpile it

But that's pretty obvious when you pi k it up

There's a hidden mechanic where equipment permanently affects your stat gains as you level up and you can min-max your stats by staying low-level until you get to the late game and doing all your leveling wearing perfect gear.

It's all useless because there isn't a single boss in the game where it matters that Zidane can do 9999 damage with his regular attack instead of just 9000. Even the superboss in this one, Ozma, has a pretty low amount of HP--the difficulty is in surviving at all rather than having to take down millions of HP.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Astral Chain looks like Xenoblade X crossed with Nier except good, really stoked about how loving nuts it looks. Graphics look really awesome too, probably due to how the shading is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm still bummed about the lack of Animal Crossing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Instead, we got anime crossing

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AfroGunsou posted:

ya, when you drop the cash to buy it full price

So never.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just played the Daemon Machina demos first few missions and its feels a lot like what I'd want a modern Armored Core to feel like, simplified in a lot of important ways, but keeping a lot of the customizing. More interesting environments too. It's a pretty game too, but man the frame rate really, really tanks when there's a lot going on. That's my only real criticism from like a half hour of playing

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Astral chain looks like the art director was furiously studying warframe for a while.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Animal Crossing is already Anime Crossing!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I'll buy Mario Maker and Link's Adventure.

That being said, I was really wanting Mario Bros. 2 content in MM and while I love the Link's Awakening style, the hand-drawn cutscene set my expectations in a really poor place than what came next. The contrast is not different than Spaceworld2000 demo -> WindWaker, despite the latter being my favorite Zelda.

It definitely is a polished look but it's also the sort of thing that looks like the sort of design you end up with as a compromise to get something out faster, which is not at all a condemnation - they'd be bonkers to not be trying to get as many "Zelda" branded products out there as quickly as possible after BotW. This is almost certainly something a b-team is kicking out while the main team is working on the next "big" one, just like the Let's Go series.

I am also wicked excited to play this game because I was basically a baby when it came out but I remember my brother always talking about how it was the best one

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Got 4th on Tetris. Man am I rusty.

Also according to those stat boards I should probably learn how to T-Spin.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

I'm still bummed about the lack of Animal Crossing

Same, but Rune Factory got revived so I'm happy until the next direct, where I hope the show something.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

If you can look at Puyo Puyo and think "this is creepy" you need to take a hard look at why that's the first thing your brain went to.

i mean there's teddy bear guy I guess

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Tetris Fortnite is actually fun and totally worth the zero dollars.

Hope they add skins and more music.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I am psyched for Rune Factory 4 and 5 even if the graphics are horrible. I have enjoyed Rune Factory way more than Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Animal Crossing is literally anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilVxAdN7sk

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rolo posted:

Tetris Fortnite is actually fun and totally worth the zero dollars.

Hope they add skins and more music.

A finger on the monkey's paw curls and Nintendo adds loot boxes for music and visual customization

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

AfroGunsou posted:

"more rune factory" was at the very top of my 'things i want that will never happen' list so the direct could have literally just been the rune factory 5 logo and i would have loved it

very good direct

This is me. 90s cyberpunk anime cops with stands by Platinum and LA Remake are just cake really.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Of course the movie never got a US release, because Nintendo are cowards

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a little worried about 3 houses. This is fire emblem and now the MC's their teacher.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was all for it until I saw it's 60 bones.

Oh ahahaha. Ill get it in 4 years then

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Procrastine posted:

Rewatching Astral Chain:

Hideki Kamiya is "supervisor", not director
Director is Takahisa Taura (NieR:Automata/ANARCHY REIGNS)
Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy

Is Anarchy Reigns good? I think I've heard the name before but not whether it was in a good or bad context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaui8-cVVHQ&t=20s

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

Oh ahahaha. Ill get it in 4 years then

It'll probably be marked down to 50 by then. :toot:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Pharohman777 posted:

Astral chain looks like the art director was furiously studying warframe for a while.

I'm glad I'm not the only person one who thought that

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

GODDAMN does Link's Awakening remake look terrible. Looks like someone recreated the game in the Dreams Beta, what were they thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Holy poo poo is there a fansub?