Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Technically anime news, definitely funny:

https://twitter.com/_mizumi/status/1095202162743877633?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Is Saitama in that game?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

Is Saitama in that game?

After this, he definitely will be. The question is whether you can get a version with less than three fluorescent dicks.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
season 2 of new game couldn’t be called new game+ cause it was a new season of content

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
could you call this new game++++ since this is the fourth time this joke has been made

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

No but I am considering a new game interquel that can get labeled new game II in America for a tortured final fantasy joke

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

New Game! Legend II (known as Comic Girls S2 in Japan)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It can't really be New Game!+ until Aoba starts the first episode at level 99.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaizo New Game

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

It can't really be New Game!+ until Aoba starts the first episode at level 99.

Can't wait to go back with better stats and max all of Aoba's social links by episode 3

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that david byrne interview where he's just being interviewed by himself in different outfits and goes "So....you know any new jokes?

that's me rn

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

If we're trying to follow current game trends, the next season of New Game will be called New Game. Then we'll have to write it as New Game (2019) so people know which one we're talking about.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Honestly, I wonder if we might start hearing about more New Game within a year or so? The fan TL has fallen off, but my understanding is that the manga has been running quite strong and is still pretty popular. Might be enough material to justify Doga Kobo or somebody thinking about it again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

that david byrne interview where he's just being interviewed by himself in different outfits and goes "So....you know any new jokes?

that's me rn

New Jokes+

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can tell an old joke and still get laughs if you know how to land a proper execution.

New Game!+ (or something like it) would've been both a funny title and sorta made sense given how it's just plain better than season 1 in every other aspect.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It also pulled off the impressive trick of turning somewhat annoying S1 Nene into fan favorite S2 Nene.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
she was the best in S1 too, but good work in coming around to the truth. better late than never!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I want S3 to make Hajime and Yun popular

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I want S3 to make Hajime and Yun popular

But S2 already did.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

<—- best boss needs some more scenes as well

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
New Game season 2 was fantastic as hell, and managed to take a series I was pretty lukewarm on and turn it into a favorite. I really hope we do get a further continuation somewhere down the line.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
The thing that made me really respect New Game was a scene where Umiko was helping Nene debug some code, and it was actual code, with an actual bug, that they accurately described in dialog instead of writing some generic filler "oh, see, the bug is here. Do this and that to fix it."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1095790976411598848

For what purpose, though?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
If I had to guess, some higher up wanted to dub it, and they owned the rights, so ...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That show always looked terrible to me.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Impressive how you’ve gone without turning on your monitor for so long.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That show always looked terrible to me.

Oh boy, is it! Sure as hell never stopped me from watching the hell out of it when I was in high school, though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I remember that one of the girls was very thirsty, and that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chumbler posted:

I remember that one of the girls was very thirsty, and that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Most of them were in their own way, except for Mikoto, who was just hungry.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

Only the one?

I think you're remembering wrong...

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Isn't kampfer the one that ends with selfcest?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well people always say the true struggle is within.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There was also plenty of joking about how the protagonist is quite dense, even for the standards of harem anime.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I will now reveal the New Game truth, avert your eyes if you can't handle it.

Best Girl: Yun
Worst Girl: Hifumi

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We must fight to the death now.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Isn't kampfer the one that ends with selfcest?

It ends differently in each version. In the manga the MC ends up with the prez, so it's the best one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

In the manga the MC ends up with the prez, so it's the best one.

Finally a form of media gets something right.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In this week's Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan Ryosuke Takahashi of VOTOMS fame tells us how he takes his boxers off.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh man Cat Roommate managed to turn on the waterworks today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Space Flower posted:

she was the best in S1 too, but good work in coming around to the truth. better late than never!