Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just got 3rd place in Tetris 99.

Game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Link's eyes look weird but that's because he hasn't fully Awakened yet. You have to build up his Support meter with Marin first to unlock the whites of his eyes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Housh posted:

Holy poo poo is there a fansub?

I don't know where it is, but there is one out there. I remember watching it on Youtube at least.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Thread: We want Link's Awakening.
Nintendo: Here you go.
Thread: Nevermind Link go the gently caress back to sleep.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DrPaper posted:

GODDAMN does Link's Awakening remake look terrible. Looks like someone recreated the game in the Dreams Beta, what were they thinking?

:psyduck: What the gently caress. Your post is insanity. INSANITY. May god have mercy on your soul

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I’m excited for Links Awakening but anyone who thinks it’s the best Zelda is a poopy butthole

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Macaluso posted:

:psyduck: What the gently caress. Your post is insanity. INSANITY. May god have mercy on your soul

it looks like a loving Nintendo Land mini-game. I don't know why they didn't just use the same artstyle as a Link Between Worlds, the title reveal graphic was in the same even....

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Give it a few years and it'll be like Wind Waker, all praise.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got 60th place in Tetnite but in my defense my daughter was cheering me along

And by "cheering me along" I mean sitting beside me alternating between tying to push buttons and asking me to play the "phone game" (Downwell in Tate mode).

Without her, I could have gotten *does furious napkin math* 55th place (I am bad at Tetris)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Shammypants posted:

I’m excited for Links Awakening but anyone who thinks it’s the best Zelda is a poopy butthole

The problem is the best Zelda is already on the Switch.

They can't all be The Adventures of Link!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That mech game looks like rear end in handheld.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Don't worry guys, you'll get over the overall look of Links Awakening when they introduce weapon durability in the next Direct.

Also, from pages ago:

Policenaut posted:

The kids in this game look like those dorks from Pokemon Go.

It is indeed the same artist who does the PoGO dorks and the FE dweebs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GreenNight posted:

Give it a few years and it'll be like Wind Waker, all praise.

I'm praising it NOW, unlike these ungrateful wretches

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I used to think I was at least decent at Tetris but the best I can manage is to place around the 30's. I always end up with several people targeting me at once and there's not much I can do against that.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I will say, with this and Samus Returns, Nintendo does seem to be making an effort to shine up these Gameboy gems to reach a much bigger audience. Really hoping for a Super Mario Land 2 or Donkey Kong '94 remake to come around soon too.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

DrPaper posted:

I don't know why they didn't just use the same artstyle as a Link Between Worlds

it's nearly identical but on a more powerful console

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
direct was good apart from no animal crossing news

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
God, I've already poured 180 hours into Rune Factory 4, don't enable me again Nintendo you fuckers.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Animal Crossing gonna get its own direct, mark my words

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Not a Children posted:

Animal Crossing gonna get its own direct, mark my words

I hope it's soon.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I don't get this Tetris thing
The blocks either seem to quickdrop randomly or I'll get about 10 people targeting me and I'll go from 1/3 up to dead instantly

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Since they listened to me about remaking Link's Awakening, I now also request remakes of:

For the Frog the Bell Tolls
Legend of the River King
Mole Mania

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Aaaand I'm gonna be playing Tetris Fortnite for a very long time because this freaking owns

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I don't get this Tetris thing
The blocks either seem to quickdrop randomly or I'll get about 10 people targeting me and I'll go from 1/3 up to dead instantly
Idk about the first thing, it's been controlling as expected for me. But the targeting defaults to random and I'm going to assume most people aren't changing it so how much poo poo you get is pretty much up to random chance

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Since they listened to me about remaking Link's Awakening, I now also request remakes of:

Legend of the River King

This and Harvest Moon 3 is the same tilt-shift effects please

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I got like 64th in Tetris my first time.

What't the trick? Should I be clearing lines as quickly as possible even if they're singles or doubles?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

What't the trick? Should I be clearing lines as quickly as possible even if they're singles or doubles?

It's in the name of the game. Every clear should be a tetris unless you've hosed up or god dealt a bad hand

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's in the name of the game. Every clear should be a tetris unless you've hosed up or god dealt a bad hand

That's what I was trying to do. It just felt like it was taking too long to make them so I'd get too many lines and then I'm hosed.

I'm just bad at Tetris.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Someone is going to spend New Game Money on a Switch port of the phone port of Grid Autosport

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

If it's like standard tetris rules, singles send no trash and tetrises send a lot, with bonuses for back to backs and tspins. So if your goal is to attack then go for big moves. If you're just trying to stay alive though then yeah clear what you can clear without making a bigger mess

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

For the Frog the Bell Tolls
Legend of the River King
Mole Mania

Kirby’s
Pinball
Land

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

homeless snail posted:

If it's like standard tetris rules, singles send no trash and tetrises send a lot, with bonuses for back to backs and tspins. So if your goal is to attack then go for big moves. If you're just trying to stay alive though then yeah clear what you can clear without making a bigger mess

What the gently caress is a T-spin.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

you spin a t piece to fit it in a spot you cant just drop it into

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

RME posted:

you spin a t piece to fit it in a spot you cant just drop it into

Well drat. I didn't know it had a name.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Placed 20th both of my first 2 games of Tetris 99. Gonna be playing this a lot I think.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1095857352060952576

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

daemon ex machina demo was pretty badass until i got stuck out of bounds in the big boss fight

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

romanowski posted:

it's nearly identical but on a more powerful console
It looks absolutely nothing like A Link Between Worlds.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Super stoked for more boxboy. Release the qbby amiibo in america you cowards! (that poo poo is like $200 to import).

I expect we'll be seeing a pokemon direct later this month. Feb 27 is the anniversary of the first release and they scheduled a bunch of Nintendo Treehouse Q&A sessions at the New York store for that day and the days after.

And holy hell my switch wishlist is filling up. Mario maker 2, astral chains, dq11, dq builders 2, welcome to the pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Rock My Socks! posted:

Kirby’s
Pinball
Land

Remake the Revenge of the Gator title screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmSG6zDzqK4